Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2020, 04:13 PM

28,100 posts, read 29,963,441 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
This is a complex question involving separate manifestations of the foundation of all life - God. God is eternal as far as we can determine but my physical contribution to God began to manifest when my Mother's egg met my Father's sperm. Upon my physical birth and first breath, my spiritual insemination occurred wherever in the Spirit of God (God's Consciousness = unified field = the specific volume of the spacetime field) my physical body, the earth, and our Sun occupied. The seed of my Spirit (consciousness) germinated until my first moment of awareness. It has been growing, developing, and maturing ever since existing within the consciousness of God (unified field) while my physical body has manifested on earth.

My fetal Spirit will continue to grow and develop until my physical death when it will be born again as a newborn Spirit as part of the earth's contingent of God's consciousness for an undetermined duration, but it will NOT manifest in a physical body on earth again, IMO. My Spirit will be in a spiritual body comprised of whatever "character" I have imbued it with during my life on earth. It may or may not be involved in influencing the development of our human descendants on earth.
Thanks, Mystic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2020, 04:25 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,580,220 times
Quote:
This is a complex question involving separate manifestations of the foundation of all life - God. God is eternal as far as we can determine but my physical contribution to God began to manifest when my Mother's egg met my Father's sperm. Upon my physical birth and first breath, my spiritual insemination occurred wherever in the Spirit of God (God's Consciousness = unified field = the specific volume of the spacetime field) my physical body, the earth, and our Sun occupied. The seed of my Spirit (consciousness) germinated until my first moment of awareness. It has been growing, developing, and maturing ever since existing within the consciousness of God (unified field) while my physical body has manifested on earth.

My fetal Spirit will continue to grow and develop until my physical death when it will be born again as a newborn Spirit as part of the earth's contingent of God's consciousness for an undetermined duration, but it will NOT manifest in a physical body on earth again, IMO. My Spirit will be in a spiritual body comprised of whatever "character" I have imbued it with during my life on earth. It may or may not be involved in influencing the development of our human descendants on earth.
How about a bunch of memes swirling around, coalescing (into me) for a spell, back into the swirling around again.

how about something like that?

Old 11-30-2020, 04:37 PM

22,181 posts, read 19,221,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
A question just to satisfy my curiosity of what you stated
I know you believe in a God, do you mean that you came into existence when your God created the Universe, more were existing even before that like when your God came into existence.

Thanks for any clarification
There is no "came into existence" for God. God always was and always will be.
No beginning, no end.
Same for me.

The spark of God that is within each human has the same qualities. Because that is what it is made of.
God is both transcendent "out there" and immanent "in here."
The part of God that is "in here" within each human being is quite literally just that, a part of God. Sometimes called a spark of God. The soul or spirit. That which came from God, and returns to God.

So of course it has the same characteristics.

Old 11-30-2020, 04:41 PM

63,810 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
How about a bunch of memes swirling around, coalescing (into me) for a spell, back into the swirling around again.
how about something like that?
There is ample evidence that the hierarchy of manifestations of the unified field (your "stack") responsible for manifesting consciousness is fairly demonstrable. Ignoring the existent hierarchical structure and replacing it with swirling memes seems more than a bit problematic, Arach.

Old 11-30-2020, 06:16 PM

Quote:

Mystic, your answer surprises me just a little bit. I know how strongly you identify with the "spiritual" component of mankind as opposed to what you always refer to as the "carnal" component. While I don't typically focus on the contrast between spiritual and carnal, I do believe that we are, in fact, spiritual beings at the core and that our spirits reside within a physical body during our mortal life. Because I believe the human spirit to be eternal, I believe its existence to extend backward in time from birth as well as forward in time from death. I'm kind of surprised that you apparently see it (i.e. our spiritual essence) as originating at the same time as our physical (or carnal, if you'd prefer) nature. You believe we will all become spiritual beings after death, whereas I believe we will be given new resurrected physical bodies (that I would definitely not describe as "carnal," just "corporeal"). What is your reasoning for believing that the human spirit originates at birth when it does not terminate at death?

Old 11-30-2020, 06:28 PM

22,181 posts, read 19,221,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Mystic, your answer surprises me just a little bit. I know how strongly you identify with the "spiritual" component of mankind as opposed to what you always refer to as the "carnal" component. While I don't typically focus on the contrast between spiritual and carnal, I do believe that we are, in fact, spiritual beings at the core and that our spirits reside within a physical body during our mortal life. Because I believe the human spirit to be eternal, I believe its existence to extend backward in time from birth as well as forward in time from death. I'm kind of surprised that you apparently see it (i.e. our spiritual essence) as originating at the same time as our physical (or carnal, if you'd prefer) nature. You believe we will all become spiritual beings after death, whereas I believe we will be given new resurrected physical bodies (that I would definitely not describe as "carnal," just "corporeal"). What is your reasoning for believing that the human spirit originates at birth when it does not terminate at death?
excellent logic.
from a purely logical standpoint, something can't be eternal in only one direction.

if it has a beginning, then it must have an end.
if it has no end, then it also has no beginning.

Old 11-30-2020, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
excellent logic.
from a purely logical standpoint, something can't be eternal in only one direction.

I agree, but with one caveat. I don't believe our spirits, per se, are eternal, because I believe that God created them, and did so long before we were born. I believe, however, that the highly refined matter from which they were created is co-eternal with God. In other words, He used this spirit matter to create spirits for each of us and that they will never cease to exist.

Old 11-30-2020, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
The Spirit (unified field) from which ALL manifestations arise is indeed eternal, IMO. But each and every manifestation or hierarchical "stack" comprised of it is unique and has a beginning. It doesn't necessarily have an end unless there is some process or mechanism for "unstacking" the manifestations. We know that for virtually all so-called physical or material manifestations there are indeed processes for "unstacking them." BUT I know of none for our immaterial consciousness (Spirit).

Old 11-30-2020, 08:01 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,325,044 times
Quote:
There is no "came into existence" for God. God always was and always will be.
No beginning, no end.
Same for me.

The spark of God that is within each human has the same qualities. Because that is what it is made of.
God is both transcendent "out there" and immanent "in here."
The part of God that is "in here" within each human being is quite literally just that, a part of God. Sometimes called a spark of God. The soul or spirit. That which came from God, and returns to God.

So of course it has the same characteristics.
So you existed prior to the Universe? A yes or no is better than stating more that nerds to be interpreted.

Old 11-30-2020, 08:10 PM

Quote:
excellent logic.

Non-sequiturs. The fundamental essence (unified field) can be eternal but each and every individual manifestation of it can have a unique beginning (composition) and even an end (decomposition). But it need not necessarily have an end if it exists at the same "compositional level" as the underlying essence (unified field) and there is no process capable of decomposing it ("unstacking it).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality