Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2020, 06:36 PM

63,799 posts, read 40,068,856 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
The idea that not believing in the Christian god(s) merits eternal toasting is sadistic, psychotic theology.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMDolan View Post
You still don't comprehend.
Just believing that God exists will not do anything for you.
Even the devil believes that God is real but that will not save him.
Amazing that someone can hang around a "Christian " forum for years and still remain clueless on the basic precepts
So, you think it is somehow different if it is not believing in the Son of God???? Does that merit eternal toasting??? What IS your point???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2020, 09:39 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,178,156 times
Quote:
Amazing that someone can hang around a "Christian " forum for years and still remain clueless on the basic precepts
I've been cluefull about Christianity since I was 13 or so.

I was a bit of a slow learner.

Old 12-30-2020, 04:42 AM

12,918 posts, read 16,861,079 times
I think anyone who assaults and attacks religion really just has a problem with people in general.

Old 12-30-2020, 05:58 AM

16,671 posts, read 15,665,596 times
Quote:
This isn't a "Christian" forum.

Old 12-30-2020, 10:23 AM

10,800 posts, read 3,593,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
I think anyone who assaults and attacks religion really just has a problem with people in general.
Really? How do you feel about radical Muslims? Radical Hindus? Are they OK because they are religious? Do they get a pass? What about fundamental Christians who want to impose their values on the broader society? Where do you draw the line?

Old 12-30-2020, 04:30 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,861,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Really? How do you feel about radical Muslims? Radical Hindus? Are they OK because they are religious? Do they get a pass? What about fundamental Christians who want to impose their values on the broader society? Where do you draw the line?
I draw the line at evil people. Whether they call themselves "religious" or tell the truth.

Old 12-31-2020, 03:21 AM

1,751 posts, read 753,933 times
P.S. I am not saying that Eugene Debs way of viewing is the only way. I used the title "Real Religion" of Jesus, because both Debs used that phrase and the title of the article I linked to. Of course there are other valid ways of viewing Christianity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
Sorry if this is in the wrong place.

Old 12-31-2020, 06:43 AM

16,671 posts, read 15,665,596 times
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuakerBaker View Post
P.S. I am not saying that Eugene Debs way of viewing is the only way. I used the title "Real Religion" of Jesus, because both Debs used that phrase and the title of the article I linked to. Of course there are other valid ways of viewing Christianity.

Sorry if this is in the wrong place.
QB, you didn't say anything wrong. I was simply pointing out to JMDolan that this is a forum about Religion and Spirituality. Many views are accepted here, and any member of City-Data can post. "Christian" forums behave differently. Look at the Terms Of Service at Christianforums, Baptistforums, Religiousforums, or CARM. If you say something that counters their beliefs, you will be removed.

Old 12-31-2020, 07:07 AM

14,497 posts, read 9,430,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
That's known as the Social Gospel. It was a more common belief at that time.
And it's evil. Turning the grace of God into lasciviousness (that is, man's "good works," which are as filthy rags, done in this body of death, this strange flesh) is going the way of Cain, substituting the fruit of the ground from which man was formed for the righteousness of Christ, the body of Christ, which is the free gift of God.

Last edited by snj90; 12-31-2020 at 07:32 AM..

Old 12-31-2020, 11:02 AM

81 posts, read 37,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
The idea that not believing in the Christian god(s) merits eternal toasting is sadistic, psychotic theology.
Quote:
The reference made was to " the Christian god " and the poster inhabits the Christian forum with great frequency .

If you are not able to master the addition it is probably best not to try .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality