Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2011, 04:11 PM

8,734 posts, read 13,815,029 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
So then, give us one or two examples that you think proves evolution wrong. You say evolution is wrong...show us.
Hey, can I play?

OK, here goes.

If we evolved from monkeys, why do we still have eyes?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2011, 04:19 PM

1,883 posts, read 3,002,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driftwood2011 View Post

But if one assumes there is no science involved in proving intelligent design, or science in opposition of evolution, they are simply ignorant (and prove my position on their close mindedness.)

]

The problem with ID is that ID originates with those having an agenda,that being to provide some method of not eliminating God from the creation of the universe.The sole purpose of ID,and the sole reason for it's inception,is not to provide an unbiased explanation of how things came to be.The first premise in ID is that God dun it.All else it wants to call science proceeds from that agenda.Evolutionary theory,on the other hand,has no agenda,despite what it's opponents might claim.It does not proceed from the agenda of disproving God,it proceeds from the starting point of attempting to figure how things are the way they are,without explanations that rely on conjecture,such as the existence of God.ID,at the start, insists that God dun it,and then works from there forward to prove what it already assumes,and thereby compromises it's integrity because it never considers all the rational options available,one of them being that evolution happened just as evolutionists claim,another being that ID is just incorrect.(This in itself does not eliminate God,btw,it only disproves a literal Bible,and thus gives further evidence of the taintedness of ID).

Old 04-19-2011, 04:36 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,969,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Artificial eyes have been made since the 80's old horse.
Visual prosthesis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

With regard to the ear, all you need is a nerve connected to something that can vibrate.

Oh, and can they foucs the lenses in those artificial eyes? Or are you just speaking of cosmetic eye transplants? Which has no real funtion.

And a nerve connection that can vibrate? So your saying hearing is so simple, we should nolonger see deaf people walking around?

Old 04-19-2011, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Well not only that, but if a God wanted us to go out and procreate, why did he make the odds so bad. I mean 300 million sperm per time and they mostly get killed by the defenses of the woman's body!! Why make it so hard ( not to mention dangerous for the sperm!!)Lol
Well maybe God made it so hard so the earth would have only around 6 billion people rather then 30 billion. After all, how many people hear are already saying the earth has to many people.

Old 04-19-2011, 04:50 PM

27,074 posts, read 11,846,980 times
LOL, MontanaGuy....your post made me smile. Good question

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
I've asked this question a number of times and I've never received a response from anyone so I'm going to start a thread on it. Scientists who have made progress in any field of study often want to present their work to the scientific community by writing a paper and submitting it to a scientific journal. Scientific journals contain papers that have been peer reviewed in order to establish their credibility and to keep a high standard in scientific publications. If there are scientists who have discovered solid evidence that can be demonstrated following the scientific method that creationism has a foundation based on fact why don't they present this evidence to the scientific community in the same manner that other scientists do? There are countless scientific journals on any topic you can think of in which professional scientists present their work following a rigorous set of established guidelines. I would think that if any scientist could really lay out all of the evidence they've discovered that proves the earth is only a few thousand years old and that mankind has descended from Adam and Eve that they'd be chomping at the bit to get it published because they'd be in Nobel Prize country. Contrary to what creationists are always saying about science it's clear that scientists thrive on controversy and overthrowing a previously accepted idea because a new one can be shown to be more plausible is what scientists do. That's how progress is made. So why hasn't anyone presented the scientific evidence for creationism and published it in a scientific journal?

Old 04-19-2011, 05:01 PM

1,811 posts, read 1,209,592 times
Quote:
I've asked this question a number of times and I've never received a response from anyone so I'm going to start a thread on it. Scientists who have made progress in any field of study often want to present their work to the scientific community by writing a paper and submitting it to a scientific journal. Scientific journals contain papers that have been peer reviewed in order to establish their credibility and to keep a high standard in scientific publications. If there are scientists who have discovered solid evidence that can be demonstrated following the scientific method that creationism has a foundation based on fact why don't they present this evidence to the scientific community in the same manner that other scientists do? There are countless scientific journals on any topic you can think of in which professional scientists present their work following a rigorous set of established guidelines. I would think that if any scientist could really lay out all of the evidence they've discovered that proves the earth is only a few thousand years old and that mankind has descended from Adam and Eve that they'd be chomping at the bit to get it published because they'd be in Nobel Prize country. Contrary to what creationists are always saying about science it's clear that scientists thrive on controversy and overthrowing a previously accepted idea because a new one can be shown to be more plausible is what scientists do. That's how progress is made. So why hasn't anyone presented the scientific evidence for creationism and published it in a scientific journal?
because there is none.

Old 04-19-2011, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple Living View Post
Then he'll have to ask Creation Scientists his questions. Whose to say they haven't published? I'm not a scientist and I don't read scientific journals, so I don't know. To me, it's not a matter of having to have science's approval. It's not about science because, in my opinion, science is fallible and not the last word on things. Science has made gross errors for years.

Taking the Christian belief of creationism and saying it boils down to "God did it" doesn't make that true. Christians can say the same thing: "Non-believer's views boil down to "No, He didn't." It's the same thing as "Prove God Does/Does Not Exist." There is no proof that He doesn't exist and non-believers can't accept the views of why He does, so it's just another stalemate and endless debate.

In my view, no one was there at the creation of the world except God, so I'll take His word over it over the theories of men (which is all evolution is, there is no "proof" of that, either, or the debate would be over).
I'll tell you what. Have your god come down, prove to me is a god, and then tell me that, and how, he made the Universe, an I would believe him. You have no word of god, just a collection of silly writings of men, that you claim is the word of god, but which evidence thereof is absent in the absolute.

Old 04-19-2011, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Oh, and can they foucs the lenses in those artificial eyes? Or are you just speaking of cosmetic eye transplants? Which has no real funtion.

And a nerve connection that can vibrate? So your saying hearing is so simple, we should nolonger see deaf people walking around?
I have lots of questions for you believers to think about and try to answer.

Assuming god made man, then why is the human body so riddled with flaws, e.g. cancer, appendix, altzheimers, heart disease, breathing issues? Go to a medical school library and find a book on pathologies of the human being. So many flaws. How did such a perfect creator botch the job so badly.

About the flood. If god wanted to kill everyone except a few, as well as the animals, why would this superhero, who make the entire universe in 7 days, need to use some brutish, kludgey mechanism as a flood that killed all mankind and animals? Why why would he need Noah to lend a hand?

If he is so powerful, he could just wave his magic wand (or whatever) and poof, all the "bad people" are gone, and only the good ones and the animals remain.

If god wanted to create sublings (men and women) he wanted to live forever with him in heaven, why didn't he just do so, instead of creating this hell-hole of a planet with all its aforementioned diseases etc., that make so many people suffer so badly, just so he could play some silly game of picking those that are "saved". Doesn't make sense.

In other words, it is time to give up the fairy tale and accept the fact that there is no god, no devil, no angels, no satan, no heaven, no hell, and no life after death. You are born, you live, and then you die, and that is all there is. Are you so afraid of death that you have to conjur up and believe insuch a convoluted fairy tale as "religion" presents to you?

Old 04-19-2011, 05:34 PM

7,084 posts, read 14,857,528 times
Quote:
Most scientists do not take mythology seriously.

Old 04-19-2011, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffington View Post
I have lots of questions for you believers to think about and try to answer.

Assuming god made man, then why is the human body so riddled with flaws, e.g. cancer, appendix, altzheimers, heart disease, breathing issues? Go to a medical school library and find a book on pathologies of the human being. So many flaws. How did such a perfect creator botch the job so badly.

About the flood. If god wanted to kill everyone except a few, as well as the animals, why would this superhero, who make the entire universe in 7 days, need to use some brutish, kludgey mechanism as a flood that killed all mankind and animals? Why why would he need Noah to lend a hand?

If he is so powerful, he could just wave his magic wand (or whatever) and poof, all the "bad people" are gone, and only the good ones and the animals remain.

If god wanted to create sublings (men and women) he wanted to live forever with him in heaven, why didn't he just do so, instead of creating this hell-hole of a planet with all its aforementioned diseases etc., that make so many people suffer so badly, just so he could play some silly game of picking those that are "saved". Doesn't make sense.

In other words, it is time to give up the fairy tale and accept the fact that there is no god, no devil, no angels, no satan, no heaven, no hell, and no life after death. You are born, you live, and then you die, and that is all there is. Are you so afraid of death that you have to conjur up and believe insuch a convoluted fairy tale as "religion" presents to you?

1. God did not botch the job. Man did when he sinned against God in the garden. The once perfect world, was no more.

2. Noah was the ony one that woud honor God. And God does things in His own way. It might not be your way, yet it is God's way.

3. God could of created robots to follow Him. Yet God was looking for those who would follow Him by choice, and not by command.

4. Your belief that there is no God. Would be a false one. I personally have had a number of encounters with the God of the Bible over the years. And I can say for a fact that without question, there is a real and living God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality