Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2011, 11:43 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,669,506 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Okay.

Who created the seeds of life?
Who needs seeds? The right conditions and elements, life happened. No creator needed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2011, 12:02 PM

1,811 posts, read 1,209,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanTerra View Post
Hey, can I play?

OK, here goes.

If we evolved from monkeys, why do we still have eyes?
I don't know how to deal with this question because it appears to be the work of an insane person, but in case you are seriously asking this question, the answer is because eyes are useful.

Old 04-20-2011, 12:04 PM

5,987 posts, read 10,470,434 times
Creationists may be closet atheists. They lack faith, so try to justify their absurd beliefs by trying to "prove" the unproveable. True faith doesn't need fake science.

Like pedophiles, creationists attempt to justify and rationalize their perversion by any means possible.

Old 04-20-2011, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driftwood2011 View Post
I guess the fallacy of absolutism in this statement escapes you?
Okay, prove him wrong. Come up with a single provable fact that points to the existance of a creator, i.e. "god".

I'll give you say,,,, 30 years to come up with one. Happy searching.

Old 04-20-2011, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Why hasn't an evolutionist provide proof that life didn't begin from a creator?
You're so confused. Evolution has to do with the development of different and varied lifeforms. It does NOT, however, speak to the source of life at its origins. That is a different law of nature, not the law of evolution.

8,734 posts, read 13,818,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffington View Post
I don't know how to deal with this question because it appears to be the work of an insane person, but in case you are seriously asking this question, the answer is because eyes are useful.
Exactly!!! The work of an insane person, to think that is a good argument. You couldn't see my tongue firmly planted in my cheek? i tried to make that obvious by saying, "Hey, can I play," just because it is so easy to follow up with bad arguments. It was just a twist on the old creationist stumper, "if we evolved from monkees, why are there still monkees" but even that get's too cliche'. Read Campbell's arguments. I was following his lead LOL. It's just too easy.

Last edited by PanTerra; 04-20-2011 at 12:21 PM..

1,883 posts, read 3,002,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffington View Post
It's a joke based on a post from Campbell,who claims that because most all creatures have eyes,this proves that identical mutations can spring up independently in various species.This is supposed to be a "logical" answer to the broken vitamin C gene that primates,including humans,share.

Kind of off track for Campbell and shows a bit of desperation,since that would mean that God created all animals without eyes and then they all developed them independently.But when the facts of life confound you and you go desperately searching for an answer to a question you don't truly even understand,such happens.

Old 04-20-2011, 12:14 PM

8,734 posts, read 13,818,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifertexan View Post
It's a joke based on a post from Campbell,who claims that because most all creatures have eyes,this proves that identical mutations can spring up independently in various species.This is supposed to be a "logical" answer to the broken vitamin C gene that primates,including humans,share.

I guess if you have to explain it.... Thanks. Maybe I need to use the <sarcasm></sarcasm> around those kinds of posts, but it is always fun to see who bites.

Last edited by PanTerra; 04-20-2011 at 12:23 PM..

Old 04-21-2011, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanTerra View Post
Exactly!!! The work of an insane person, to think that is a good argument. You couldn't see my tongue firmly planted in my cheek? i tried to make that obvious by saying, "Hey, can I play," just because it is so easy to follow up with bad arguments. It was just a twist on the old creationist stumper, "if we evolved from monkees, why are there still monkees" but even that get's too cliche'. Read Campbell's arguments. I was following his lead LOL. It's just too easy.
Got it - I think? Did not know it was a joke.

Old 04-21-2011, 08:31 AM

4,904 posts, read 6,015,359 times
Quote:
Okay.

Who created the seeds of life?
You're making the presumption that something external entity created life although the better question would 'what caused life to begin.'
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality