Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2021, 12:21 AM

23,126 posts, read 10,426,638 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
What do you think those artists, writers, and poets have , or dont have, that make them channel this wisdom? Often they are free of conventional thought, you have to be in order to tap into that creative inspiration. They see design where others do not, not just in inanimate things, but also, more definitely, in human existence. They have no borders or hard edges, their thinking is fluid. They have a deeper inner life.
It's a language, the whole bible is a book of poetry teaching a language from cover to cover and the more poetry I read, I realize that the poetry of the bible has inspired alot of poetry even if the person has never read the bible, he had read alot that was inspired by its language.

There is a biblical hidden language and you cant guess at it because it is a literal language.

I see alot of people that guess about biblical words, but if you dont know the language, it's just guessing.

For instance, you ask somebody what water is, and they will say that water is spirit like the rain of Pentecost. Then you ask them what wine is, and they say it's the spirit. Then you ask them what biblical oil is, and they say the spirit, but all 3 are different, and all 3 have their place and function.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2021, 09:38 AM

29,531 posts, read 9,700,562 times
Quote:
What do you think those artists, writers, and poets have , or dont have, that make them channel this wisdom? Often they are free of conventional thought, you have to be in order to tap into that creative inspiration. They see design where others do not, not just in inanimate things, but also, more definitely, in human existence. They have no borders or hard edges, their thinking is fluid. They have a deeper inner life.
I'm not sure about all that...

My wife is an artist, and a craftswoman. Very impressive work, but I'm not sure it has much to do with being "free of conventional thought." I love music. I compose my own music, and I'm told it's not bad. I love to listen to music and play music. I'm not sure any of that experience has much to do with all the above.

Even artists that are well known are not necessarily free of conventional thought, but I think those who are the most self-absorbed in art tend to be unconventional. Especially those most successful. They become able to do their own thing unencumbered with the more conventional demands most of us regular folks need to contend with. Demands that often come at the expense of artistic endeavors.

I've known artists who seem brilliant. Their thinking "fluid" if you want to put it that way. I also know of artists who can't seem to punch their way out of a paper bag. Are they much different from the master chess player who is brilliant at playing chess but otherwise not so brilliant? Are people who are exceptional in all the many ways people can be exceptional necessarily "free of conventional thought?" Or any other particular explanation along the lines you seem inclined to assume?

Old 03-05-2021, 09:56 AM

15,945 posts, read 7,009,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
I'm not sure about all that...

My wife is an artist, and a craftswoman. Very impressive work, but I'm not sure it has much to do with being "free of conventional thought." I love music. I compose my own music, and I'm told it's not bad. I love to listen to music and play music. I'm not sure any of that experience has much to do with all the above.

Even artists that are well known are not necessarily free of conventional thought, but I think those who are the most self-absorbed in art tend to be unconventional. Especially those most successful. They become able to do their own thing unencumbered with the more conventional demands most of us regular folks need to contend with. Demands that often come at the expense of artistic endeavors.

I've known artists who seem brilliant. Their thinking "fluid" if you want to put it that way. I also know of artists who can't seem to punch their way out of a paper bag. Are they much different from the master chess player who is brilliant at playing chess but otherwise not so brilliant? Are people who are exceptional in all the many ways people can be exceptional necessarily "free of conventional thought?" Or any other particular explanation along the lines you seem inclined to assume?
I dont feel a need to convince you of anything that you do not find convincing. So i have no answers to your questions, or answers that will only raise more questions for you. But i will say art and craft are not the same. Both need skill, but art is more than just skill. And from where the inspiration comes, even artists don’t always know. That is the point.

Old 03-05-2021, 10:25 AM

50,766 posts, read 24,261,465 times
Quote:
I dont feel a need to convince you of anything that you do not find convincing. So i have no answers to your questions, or answers that will only raise more questions for you. But i will say art and craft are not the same. Both need skill, but art is more than just skill. And from where the inspiration comes, even artists don’t always know. That is the point.
I suggest you take a trip to Washington and visit the Renwick Gallery, which is affiliated with the Smithsonian American Art Museum.

Old 03-06-2021, 09:21 AM

28,090 posts, read 29,934,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
It is not that simple, dear Katz.
"soul" that fully remembers its previous lives is at least, danger to itself, and danger to others.
If that is the case, then I would agree that reincarnation is not pointless. That's just not what I'd been led to believe by people in the past.

Old 03-06-2021, 12:22 PM

Quote:
I've never felt anyone need do anything in this forum, but again I'm not as inclined to look at things quite as simply as you do. There are crafts people who are artists far as a lot of other people are concerned (including me). I don't feel the need to convince you of anything either. You think what you want to of course. Just saying.

From where inspiration comes is nothing you can put in a bottle either. If that's the point, then I think you're wasting time making it, because we all know this.

Reminds me of many a challenge I go to bed wrestling in my mind. A problem I've been struggling to solve for some time, and somehow the next morning the answer comes to me just like that!

From where? Who can know?

Old 03-06-2021, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
I suggest you take a trip to Washington and visit the Renwick Gallery, which is affiliated with the Smithsonian American Art Museum.
Just for starters!

Then maybe some time spent here...

https://www.metmuseum.org/toah/keywo...afts-movement/

Old 03-06-2021, 04:32 PM

19,013 posts, read 27,562,983 times
Quote:
I've never felt anyone need do anything in this forum, but again I'm not as inclined to look at things quite as simply as you do. There are crafts people who are artists far as a lot of other people are concerned (including me). I don't feel the need to convince you of anything either. You think what you want to of course. Just saying.

From where inspiration comes is nothing you can put in a bottle either. If that's the point, then I think you're wasting time making it, because we all know this.

Reminds me of many a challenge I go to bed wrestling in my mind. A problem I've been struggling to solve for some time, and somehow the next morning the answer comes to me just like that!

From where? Who can know?

One answer may be - from Akasha.

Another answer may be - from the form world, where everything possible to exteriorize is stored in its potential design.
Another answer may be - from never ending and ongoing Creation. Through focal prisms of every individual creativity.

That is not the point though, as I started all the "artists" conversation. Point being, artists are more sensitive to such things, than other people. This is, also, more than often, why they end in addictions.

There is a peculiar example of idiot savant. Idiot savant is a Self that, pretty much lost its connection with The Light of Intelligence, due to choices it did through previous existences but, became very proficient in a certain art, or trade, or skill, as that Self repeatedly did it through many and many existences.

I'll refer back to my favorite visual aid. The Groundhog Day. There is peculiar story line in it.Main character decides to learn how to play piano. He hires a teacher and takes 1 hr a day lesson. One hour. Complete layman. Towards the movie end, he is a virtuoso artist. Anyone knows, how many YEARS does it take to reach such level, with one hour lesson a day?

Idiot savant is something akin to this. Skill honed through thousands of existences to perfection, but no mind left.

Old 03-06-2021, 04:42 PM

15,945 posts, read 7,009,348 times
Quote:
Just for starters!

Then maybe some time spent here...

https://www.metmuseum.org/toah/keywo...afts-movement/
I am not sure what the message is in this. Artists are also, or can be good craftsman. But the inspiration come from a different place.
Artists bring something into existence that did not exist before. Craft makes use of materials and shapes it.
A piece of writing could be flawlessly crafted, spelling, grammar, punctuation, stellar. But no soul. An artist gives it the soul, what resonates with the reader, makes her smile or recognize something. Art.

Old 03-06-2021, 04:51 PM

3,560 posts, read 1,650,631 times
Actually reincarnation probably makes more sense than some eternal reward or punishment, with reincarnation, you get do-overs until you get it right. Chance to learn. Not just one and done.

Now the question I have, seems that symbiotic gut bacteria has quite a connection to the human brain. https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/b...ghts-and-brain

Do the bacteria get reincarnated too? Do you get the same bacteria next time out?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality