Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2021, 06:32 PM

9,666 posts, read 9,929,774 times

Advertisements

Some large beast were herbivorous plant eaters and some were carnivores meat eaters. And some eat insects .... man got on the food chain to eat both meat and plants and some animals eat man … That is what the purpose was for these beast to God ..... The birds got the bone structure of the raptor reptiles, and both these laid eggs ..... See God was for life, and some animals got eaten ...... It wasn’t until Adam and Eve that God found that He wanted man for His family, so then the soul was created for man
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2021, 07:38 PM

10,901 posts, read 5,873,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Way View Post
I would hardly call dinosaurs a dead end. They existed for roughly 178-180 million years from 243 million to 65 million years ago and most biologists believe birds to have evolved from dinosaurs.

Also, 99 percent of all species that have ever existed on earth are extinct.
That's not correct (or the biologists who believe that are incorrect). Birds are classified as dinosaurs (and not only that but birds are reptiles) which makes dinosaurs not a dead end group at all.

OK, so the non-avian dinosaurs and many avian dinosaurs did go extinct but that was due to an act of God, not that they were dead end creatures. The KT event that caused the mass extinction was not trivial.

Last edited by 303Guy; 03-01-2021 at 07:52 PM..

Old 03-01-2021, 07:45 PM

50,205 posts, read 23,838,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Some large beast were herbivorous plant eaters and some were carnivores meat eaters. And some eat insects .... man got on the food chain to eat both meat and plants and some animals eat man … That is what the purpose was for these beast to God ..... The birds got the bone structure of the raptor reptiles, and both these laid eggs ..... See God was for life, and some animals got eaten ...... It wasn’t until Adam and Eve that God found that He wanted man for His family, so then the soul was created for man
So god was for life, so he created immense suffering of animals to be eaten alive. God couldn't come up with a system that wasn't full of suffering. You think is good? You think suffering is good?

Old 03-01-2021, 08:09 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,475,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
So god was for life, so he created immense suffering of animals to be eaten alive. God couldn't come up with a system that wasn't full of suffering. You think is good? You think suffering is good?
Maybe god is changing the system as fast as it can. There is no reason to assume it doing it for some other reason than its doing what it can when it can.

Old 03-01-2021, 08:11 PM

2,129 posts, read 1,183,165 times
" what was the purpose in creating the dinosaurs? " Based on false premise. Dino's not created. Unless you care to prove it?

Old 03-01-2021, 08:30 PM

32,903 posts, read 26,132,057 times
Quote:
I would hardly call dinosaurs a dead end. They existed for roughly 178-180 million years from 243 million to 65 million years ago and most biologists believe birds to have evolved from dinosaurs.

Also, 99 percent of all species that have ever existed on earth are extinct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
That's not correct (or the biologists who believe that are incorrect). Birds are classified as dinosaurs (and not only that but birds are reptiles) which makes dinosaurs not a dead end group at all.

OK, so the non-avian dinosaurs and many avian dinosaurs did go extinct but that was due to an act of God, not that they were dead end creatures. The KT event that caused the mass extinction was not trivial.
My mistake. Birds are believed to have descended from the theropod group of dinosaurs, though certainly evolution has taken place. Birds are considered to be living dinosaurs.

Old 03-01-2021, 10:06 PM

31,374 posts, read 20,013,000 times
Quote:
My mistake. Birds are believed to have descended from the theropod group of dinosaurs, though certainly evolution has taken place. Birds are considered to be living dinosaurs.
Birds are a connection to our ancient ancestors.

If we continue to evolve, we may become as awe-inspiring as they are.

Old 03-02-2021, 01:36 AM

10,901 posts, read 5,873,390 times
Quote:
Technically, I have a dinosaur living in my home. Well, he lives outside with his mates and only comes in to sleep.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Birds are a connection to our ancient ancestors.

If we continue to evolve, we may become as awe-inspiring as they are.
I often marvel at birds and that very thing you mention - a connection to our ancient ancestors.

Old 03-02-2021, 03:45 AM

2,400 posts, read 775,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
You don't really believe that, do you???

Old 03-02-2021, 08:26 AM

18,796 posts, read 6,835,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Talking about Sasquatch on another thread got me thinking about this...One poster asked, " Why would God create a species that is a dead end".

It seems strange to me, if we are created in the image of God...the fact he created the dinosaurs first, and they were here for so long, where did he get the idea for large beasts that cannot reason, or more importantly, not know their God?

Was there something significant about them we are not aware of?
Most species that have ever lived have died and are gone-- not just dinosaurs. Why? I don't know. I do know that I appreciate having oil for my car, and everything else that is made from it, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality