Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think you will go to heaven or hell?
Heaven 30 81.08%
Hell 7 18.92%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2021, 10:09 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,004,377 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
An honest answer, the only kind worth giving, is no i could not worship a God that is willing to punish for ethernity Jews and Muslims for believing in him but not in Jesus. Or for being the wrong kind of Christian.

Also i do not understand the concept of worshipping your God for ethernity. Does it mean that is all you do?

I would not pretend to believe just to go to Heaven and if you do not believe why would you WANT to worship for ethernity. And does it matter what I want to your God? I dont understand why you would ask such a question.
You think it's wrong that God would not welcome people that don't love him into his heaven. Then you go on to say that you wouldn't want to worship him.

I find that interesting. If God is God and he can do what he wants with his creation, and he decides who is in Heaven, why do you fault him for not including those that hate him?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2021, 10:12 AM

50,766 posts, read 24,261,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
You think it's wrong that God would not welcome people that don't love him into his heaven. Then you go on to say that you wouldn't want to worship him.

I find that interesting. If God is God and he can do what he wants with his creation, and he decides who is in Heaven, why do you fault him for not including those that hate him?
I thought your god created all people. Or did some god over in the next county create Buddhists, Muslims, etc.? And by the way, maybe god sees those who don't believe in this lifetime as prodigal sons in another lifetime. Let's see...where did that idea come from? Oh yeah...the bible.

Last edited by phetaroi; 09-01-2021 at 10:59 AM..

Old 09-01-2021, 10:51 AM

25,436 posts, read 9,793,288 times
My belief is since we are energy and all connected to the Source of life, I believe we will continue to exist in another form unknown to any of us. So neither heaven nor hell for me.

Old 09-01-2021, 11:01 AM

5,517 posts, read 2,402,623 times
Either nothing happens or we are connected in some manner to this universe and return to our base state. There is no such thing as heaven and hell.

As Stephon Alexander postulates in relation to Quantum Field Theory: Consider electrons and a star millions of light years away from earth, while there are many electron particles, there is only one electron field that they are born from. Those electrons and the electrons that are in you and me were created as quantum excitations from the same universal electron field in the early universe. In fact every other particle including quarks and neutrinos in the universe (quanta)that emerged from their corresponding field vibrations. It's in this Suzuki sense that we are tethered to the fundamental fabric of the universe.

Old 09-01-2021, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
My belief is since we are energy and all connected to the Source of life, I believe we will continue to exist in another form unknown to any of us. So neither heaven nor hell for me.
Same here, we are like the water droplet leaving the stream and feeling like we are separate from the universe. Before we are born and after we die we are part of the stream.

Old 09-01-2021, 11:16 AM

6,115 posts, read 3,083,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
You said “unknown” to us.
But then how do you KNOW there is no Heaven or Hell?

What if that “unknown” state of existence is some sort of a consciousness in bliss or in misery?

The truth is, we don’t really know whether Heaven/hell exists or not - so technically we cannot reject their existence.

Old 09-01-2021, 11:26 AM

11,070 posts, read 7,135,481 times
The discussions of energy and matter are certainly relevant. Our eyes and brains will look at a table or a chair or an animal, and see objects appearing quite different. But deep down, they all consist of matter and energy, in even in dynamic movement. It really is helpful not to rely on what signals our eyes are sending us, but to sense what's really going on a deeper level, and what unites not only us but the entire universe.

Old 09-01-2021, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
You said “unknown” to us.
But then how do you KNOW there is no Heaven or Hell?

What if that “unknown” state of existence is some sort of a consciousness in bliss or in misery?

The truth is, we don’t really know whether Heaven/hell exists or not - so technically we cannot reject their existence.
Their existence is based on religion. And we know religion is baloney.

Old 09-01-2021, 12:15 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,004,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
I thought your god created all people. Or did some god over in the next county create Buddhists, Muslims, etc.? And by the way, maybe god sees those who don't believe in this lifetime as prodigal sons in another lifetime. Let's see...where did that idea come from? Oh yeah...the bible.
All this is a smokescreen to keep from answering the simple question.

Why do you believe God should welcome those into his heaven that don't want to be there? And how is that a good thing if you're forced to worship him for all eternity?

Old 09-01-2021, 12:21 PM

4,747 posts, read 2,346,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by basket123 View Post
Hello!

Based off your deeds and religiousness, do you think you will go to heaven or hell? Of course nobody knows this answer for sure, but I thought it would be a fun poll!
There is a third option you see. We will simply return to non existence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality