Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2021, 09:14 AM

63,779 posts, read 40,038,426 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by truth_teller View Post
not only obeying but also worshiping
And I (Allah) created not the jinn and mankind
except that they should worship Me (Alone).
The Holy Quran 51:56

And your Lord says: "Call on Me; I will answer your (Prayer):
but those who are too arrogant to serve Me
will surely find themselves in Hell - in humiliation
The Holy Quran 40:60
Jesus is not only did not die on the cross
but he did not die at all until now and he was not crucified

but it appeared to the public that he was crucified as it appeared to the Americans that they are under invasion
from the Martians on 30 Oct 1938 when The War of the Worlds was broadcasting on the radio.
And because of their saying: We slew the Messiah, Jesus son of Mary, Allah's messenger -
they slew him not nor crucified him, but it appeared so unto them;
and lo! those who disagree concerning it are in doubt thereof;
they have no knowledge thereof save pursuit of a conjecture; they slew him not for certain. The Noble Quran 4:157
The primitive ignorance and fundamentalist rationalizations of Islam are even worse than those of mainstream fundamentalist Christianity, IMO. It is such a shame. Early Islam was so much more evolved than the fundamentalist nonsense that dominates today.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2021, 09:49 AM

11,068 posts, read 7,135,481 times
Muhammad and Allah both give this thread a thumbs-down

Old 09-24-2021, 06:03 PM

6,115 posts, read 3,083,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
The idea that we were created for the purpose of OBEYING God is preposterous. We are procreating God because that is what children do. Our purpose is to become like Him. We have to start out by obeying until we mature enough and learn how to LOVE like Him in our minds and hearts. The ONLY Way, Truth, and Life is Jesus Christ as He revealed God's Holy Spirit of agape love and forgiveness on the Cross, NOT the Bible, NOT the Quran, NOT even the Torah, although it plays a central role.

They are all prologues. The Torah is the original harbinger of the Spiritual Truth, Jesus Christ, and it contains the spiritual truth hidden in the Hebrew language itself. That is what made it so applicable to reaching our carnal minds and eventually to our spiritual minds as we mature enough to grasp it. The route to that spiritual maturity is embedded in self-discipline.
If our purpose is to become like God, then why do we have these short 80 to 90 years to do so?

It's impossible for any human to become like God in about 90 years of life.

We continue to make mistakes, wrong judgements and even sins till the very end of our lives. How can we become like God?

We cannot become like God because God does not die, while we do.

Old 09-24-2021, 06:28 PM

63,779 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
If our purpose is to become like God, then why do we have these short 80 to 90 years to do so?
It's impossible for any human to become like God in about 90 years of life.
We continue to make mistakes, wrong judgements and even sins till the very end of our lives. How can we become like God?
We cannot become like God because God does not die, while we do.
We are embryo spirits and we just need to develop a mature enough "spiritual body" (Character) sufficient to be "born again" as an INFANT Spirit. No one is born fully mature or even remotely close to full maturity. Our best spiritual maturation down here will be spiritually infantile when we are "born again." We are children of God and promised eternal life after we are "born again" as Spirit.

Old 09-25-2021, 02:12 PM

2,765 posts, read 2,664,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
We are embryo spirits and we just need to develop a mature enough "spiritual body" (Character) sufficient to be "born again" as an INFANT Spirit. No one is born fully mature or even remotely close to full maturity. Our best spiritual maturation down here will be spiritually infantile when we are "born again." We are children of God and promised eternal life after we are "born again" as Spirit.
you say things as if you are receiving it from God
do you have proofs for it.

we might be living as a spirit in the third phase life
that is the phase that is after death and before the day of Resurrection

but then in the forth phase of life we will be having our normal shape
some will go to paradise for ever and some will go to Hell for a period of time and some will be for ever
Satan for example

if you like to draw a picture for the third phase of life that is after death and before last day
compare the environment of the second phase of life which is we are currently living in it with the environment of the first phase of life that
we lived it for nine month inside a womb .

in Paradise
(It will be said to the true believers of Islamic Monotheism):
My worshippers! No fear shall be on you this Day, nor shall you grieve
(You) who believed in Our Ayat (proofs, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.)
and were Muslims (i.e. who submit totally to Allah's Will, and believe in the Oneness of Allah - Islamic Monotheism).
Enter Paradise, you and your wives, in happiness.
Trays of gold and cups will be passed round them
(there will be) therein all that inner-selves could desire
and all that eyes could delight in
and you will abide therein forever.
The Holy Quran 43.68:71

In Hell
Lo! Those who disbelieve Our revelations,
We shall expose them to the Fire.
As often as their skins are consumed
We shall exchange them for fresh skins
that they may taste the torment.
Lo! Allah is ever Mighty, Wise.
The Holy Quran 4.56

Old 09-25-2021, 04:34 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,567,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
Muhammad and Allah both give this thread a thumbs-down
yappers, I read up on Mohammad a awhile back. He was a good military leader, as far as leaders go.

He would be ashamed of how some Muslim express what he meant. Just like Jesus.

Old 09-28-2021, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Let's be honest. No one is going to watch a 10 minute propaganda video.
In the song of songs, chapter 5,Verse 16 there is a prophecy for the final prophet ,
“His mouth is most sweet; yea, he is altogether lovely. This is my beloved and this is my friend.”

(the word altogether lovely should be translated to Muhammad
because a name of a person should not be translated to its meaning
the correct translation is)
“ His speech is the most pleasant. He is the Great Muhammad, this is my beloved, and this my friend.”

Old 09-29-2021, 03:07 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,914,670 times
Quote:
Jesus named the God Allah and preached Muhammad

God is the term "God" in the English language but it is not a name for the God
Allah is the term "God" in the Arabic language but also it is a name for the God
and Jesus named the God as Allah and preached about the messenger that would come after him
and named him Muhammad

you can see and hear that in this four minutes clip from a film about Jesus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRr48TIpzro

Fact--When Jesus was on earth, he attended the Israelite places of worship. They to this day teach a single being God-YHWH(Jehovah)--Jesus' Father. He would never contradict that truth.

Old 09-30-2021, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Ahmed is an Arabic name = the praised one

The Holy Quran confirm the verse in Gospel John 14:16

And remember, Jesus, the son of Mary,
said: "O Children of Israel! I am the messenger of Allah (sent) to you,
confirming the Law (which came) before me,
and giving Glad Tidings of a Messenger to come after me,
whose name shall be Ahmad.(the praised one)
But when he came to them with Clear Signs, they said, "this is evident sorcery!" The Holy Quran 61.6
And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another
(Comforter, Counselor ,Advocate, Helper, Redeemer, Paraclete, Ahmad (the praised one))
that he may abide with you for ever. John 14:16

Old 10-04-2021, 06:48 AM

1,014 posts, read 479,003 times
You mean Jesus came and said that the coming person after him was Muhammad. You are making this up. He did not say Muhammad was the name that will come after him. You know how I know? I happen to know some Jewish also with what Christians go through or say about Jesus. It just mentioned some would be false prophets. In the last days. And this could possibly mean Muhammad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality