Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2021, 07:37 AM

19,029 posts, read 27,599,679 times

Advertisements

OK, thank you for ignoring my question.
I'd presume, you are referring to personality then, what you call "identity".
Personality is a mask, acquired by a conscious Self, during its existence on Earth. Those masks, or roles, or personalities, change every time.
I have a term for you to consider. Individuality, instead of identity.
You have general eternal Conaciousness. Out of it, you have individual Conscious Selfs. Each one of them, while being the Light of Intelligence, aka Consciousness, is different from the the other Selfs, by having attributes of I-ness, Self-ness, I-am - ness. They are SELF aware as I-am vs YOU - are.

You believe, that there is only ocean. I believe, that ocean is compilation of bubbles, each one conscious but all together, they are ocean.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2021, 07:52 AM

11,162 posts, read 7,637,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
Existence is not Identity. But both are real. Existence is only one, one single Consciousness-existence. Identity are many. Identity is the shape, form, name. Consciousness has no form. Identity is contained, limited, changes, decays, dies, and goes back to the elements. Conciousness -existance is causeless and endless and always is.
Identity is not our essence yet we carry papers, a name, form as if that is all we are. If we dont have our papers we don’t exist. We renew our passports, driver’s license even as we age and become unrecognizable from the earlier self, as proof we are the name that we carry. The card is evidence that we are not dead. It is proof it is the same name and form.

The only evidence for Existence is that we are aware that we are aware. There is no proof for that. Our self is the only proof.
I guess if our wallets are stolen, we cease to exist. That must be death, then. And life after death is your replacement driver's license arriving in the mail.

Old 10-08-2021, 07:57 AM

63,809 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
Personality is a mask, acquired by a conscious Self, during its existence on Earth. Those masks, or roles, or personalities, change every time.
You have general eternal Conaciousness. Out of it, you have individual Conscious Selfs. Each one of them, while being the Light of Intelligence, aka Consciousness, is different from the the other Selfs, by having attributes of I-ness, Self-ness, I-am - ness. They are SELF aware as I-am vs YOU - are.

You believe, that there is only ocean. I believe, that ocean is compilation of bubbles, each one conscious but all together, they are ocean.

Old 10-08-2021, 11:43 AM

15,964 posts, read 7,027,888 times
Quote:

Hey Ukrkoz. Sorry I am not ignoring you, I responded in general hoping other points were responded to as well.
Identity is ego. Ego is the aspect of our mind which gets associated with the reflected Consciousness and gets deluded into imagining it is the true self. The result of this delusion is the creation of the individual, the personhood, which creates the world that each individual experiences. This ignorance of our true self that causes the world, its pain and pleasure, they cycle of birth and death.

The Conciousness, Brhman, the Oneness is only one, it has no parts. It does not create but it is not separate from creation. Because everything is Brhman, there is nothing that is not. The sepration is an illusion caused due to ignorance.
There is only ocean, it is all ocean. The foam and waves and bubbles are all names and forms, which die down and become ocean again. We are Brhaman, the same Consciousness. It is our names and forms that separate us and creates the illusion.

Last edited by cb2008; 10-08-2021 at 11:58 AM..

Old 10-08-2021, 03:56 PM

4,747 posts, read 2,349,509 times
Quote:
Sure you have your ID, drivers license, SS Card. You are all set in the US, to the authorities who constantly want proof you exist and have provided them for you.
What about in South Pole. Do they know you exist? In China? Do you have THEIR acceptable proof that you exist? What about Timbuctoo? They dont even know that you dont exist in the North Pole. If you lose all those State provided proof, how will anyone know you exist?
I must first exist if the question "do I exist," is to have meaning.

Old 10-08-2021, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Hey Ukrkoz. Sorry I am not ignoring you, I responded in general hoping other points were responded to as well.
Identity is ego. Ego is the aspect of our mind which gets associated with the reflected Consciousness and gets deluded into imagining it is the true self. The result of this delusion is the creation of the individual, the personhood, which creates the world that each individual experiences. This ignorance of our true self that causes the world, its pain and pleasure, they cycle of birth and death.

The Conciousness, Brhman, the Oneness is only one, it has no parts. It does not create but it is not separate from creation. Because everything is Brhman, there is nothing that is not. The sepration is an illusion caused due to ignorance.
There is only ocean, it is all ocean. The foam and waves and bubbles are all names and forms, which die down and become ocean again. We are Brhaman, the same Consciousness. It is our names and forms that separate us and creates the illusion.

Sorry, we part at that.
You are believing into ultimate death and complete dissolution of your Self in Brahman. This is not different from a materialistic perspective that you live only once and then seize to exist.
As, ultimately, this is exactly what you claim. That you do not exist. You are not even figment of, dream of Brahman. You are nothing, an error that should not even be there.

Though very sophisticated, it is, same time, very depressive - and POINTLESS. I already mentioned this to you and yet, you just "Brahman, Brahman, Brahman...". That's fine. So what then happens to YOU? Gone and gone...

I'll pass. I subscribe to different thought. I'll be forever.

Old 10-08-2021, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tired of the Nonsense View Post
I must first exist if the question "do I exist," is to have meaning.

If you managed to spell this out - you exist.

Old 10-08-2021, 08:41 PM

2,140 posts, read 362,084 times
Point?

Old 10-08-2021, 10:53 PM

63,809 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Sorry, we part at that.
You are believing into ultimate death and complete dissolution of your Self in Brahman. This is not different from a materialistic perspective that you live only once and then seize to exist.
As, ultimately, this is exactly what you claim. That you do not exist. You are not even figment of, dream of Brahman. You are nothing, an error that should not even be there.

Though very sophisticated, it is, same time, very depressive - and POINTLESS. I already mentioned this to you and yet, you just "Brahman, Brahman, Brahman...". That's fine. So what then happens to YOU? Gone and gone...

Old 10-09-2021, 04:54 AM

15,964 posts, read 7,027,888 times
Quote:
Sorry, we part at that.

The goal is stop the birth and death cycle of samsara and realize our pure TruthConciousnessFullness. Birth means sure death. There is no I separate from Consciousness. That you think there is is because your Ego makes you think that. That delusion is the whole cause of the world and life as it is, AND death. Buddhism does not recognize the Consciousness that is the self within the mortal body.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality