Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2022, 01:40 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,580,220 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
In the Bible I find that before humans angels were first created and angels only live in heaven.
People never become or turn into angels.
Jesus promised a few people will become saints/holy ones but Not angels - Luke 22:28-30; Daniel 7:18
The ones called to heaven have a first or earlier resurrection, a resurrection to heaven - Rev. 20:6; 2:10; 5:9-10.
The majority of people to have a happy-and-healthy physical resurrection on earth - Acts 24:15
ALL the resurrections Jesus performed were physical and a small sample, a coming attraction of what Jesus will be doing on a GRAND global scale during his coming 1,000 year reign over earth.
The answer is probably in between what religion(s) say and there are no god or gods of any type.

I just don't knw what it is, but it doesn't look like the god of the bible. The best I can do is say the image of the universe is best represented by the periodic table. What ever it is, we are in its imagine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2022, 03:22 PM

9,690 posts, read 10,018,190 times
The religion that say there is no God would be Buddhism and humanism ..... Three-quarter of all the angels abide with the living God ........ The other quarter rebelled against God and God kicked them to the earth where they abide in the high places realm They are the holders of all the curses in the earth, and they are the UFO alien that deceive many people even some governments of the nations

Old 06-20-2022, 04:33 PM

50,809 posts, read 24,321,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
The scriptures strictly forbid the worship of angels.
Angels of God will not allow you to worship them.
How ever, fallen angels will encourage you to worship them.
And some have appeared and allowed such worship,
and lead men into serious distractions from Jesus Gospel.
Some people also invite evil spirits in them and seek their influence, much like selling one's soul to the Devil.
These too find that though they may get the wealth and fame they want, they also get a great deal of terror through out their remaining lifetime.
Only Jesus can set them free. I have known a few.
Though they get free, they can still be bothered by the spirit world.

I Invited Jesus into my life very young and over time choose to seek to know Him better and better through both bible study and prayer. Mostly prayer. Jesus alone provide the Holy Spirit to teach in His place.
I found that the more desperate I was to be close to God the more often I knew His voice, and gave me guidance in both scriptures and His will in my daily life.
I know God's intervention in my life often and am humbled by His Love for me.
I cooperate with God best I can, and He makes the difference where I am lacking. I lack a lot.

The more determined one is to Love God from His perspective, the more He can make a difference.
I'm beginning to like angels more and more

Old 06-20-2022, 04:48 PM

88,580 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
We shouldn't hang around with Isosceles. He's involved in a ménage à trois.
And it's not all equal-sided.

Old 06-20-2022, 04:48 PM

88,580 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
Angels, angles, red flags... not sure what this thread is about.

Wait a second... it's about nonchalant magenta sloths of the East Forest!
Magenta? Let's do the Time Warp again!

Old 06-20-2022, 05:37 PM

19,999 posts, read 13,480,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by racs View Post
Angelic help is not time-bound you can seek their help at any time, and they always help.
but how i can find them
You tell me. The two sentences above seem pretty contradictory to me. If they always help, then why can't they ever be found?

Old 06-20-2022, 10:19 PM

6,115 posts, read 3,088,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by racs View Post
Human beings are always wandering to seeking love, affection, compassion, and happiness from family, friends, and relatives but still not getting fully satisfied and are forced to lead the same stressful life. Or maybe they are not seeking these things from Right place. For all these people Right Place is ANGELS. They have the potential to make life better for everyone and can answer all of Your questions. You can make them your Saviour and see how they will act as your guardians and will always guide you for good. Angelic help is not time-bound you can seek their help at any time, and they always help.
but how i can find them
In your dreams.

Old 06-21-2022, 02:53 AM

6,948 posts, read 6,874,954 times
I have a feeling that what we call 'angels' are highly evolved beings whose 'light' is much much brighter than ours and when we perceive them near to us it feels almost as if we will shatter into 1000 pieces the 'light' is so bright. The energy from them is so great that we feel we might burst into flames.

Given all the accounts of these beings in the Bible and elsewhere, I feel this is an accurate description.

Many people who have had NDEs or been out-of-body have also experienced these beings and they often do not have religious beliefs or else they have varying beliefs. That would suggest these beings are not limited to any one particular religion but are a natural progression of our own spiritual path towards merging with the one energy people call God..

I do not think any 'dark angel' would have this kind of 'light'. (Of course it is not really light but how we experience it)

Old 06-21-2022, 06:45 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,580,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
Angels, angles, red flags... not sure what this thread is about.

Wait a second... it's about nonchalant magenta sloths of the East Forest!
Its nice to just slam me, I get that, I am hard to like when I start challenging people with less reliable claims as rigorously as they try to impose them others. But we do have to think about it to a degree.

How can we tell if there are angles? How do we listen about the topic of angles? How can we tell how is who?

I get that when we start to unpack what people are saying we may have to say to ourselves "Hmmm ... I may not be as reliable as I thought."

That's when the personal attacks start to come in. For some.

I do not expect an answer. Because if we have to start exchanging idea's, clarifying what we mean, and listing the personal experiences used to weight the observations it tends to start shedding light on why or if we holding different beliefs.

Fundy think types run as fast as they can from that. Unless they can "kill" the idea that is. Then they are more than happy, I would even say eager, to oblige.

Last edited by Arach Angle; 06-21-2022 at 06:54 AM..

Old 06-21-2022, 09:40 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,597,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
The scriptures strictly forbid the worship of angels.
Angels of God will not allow you to worship them.
How ever, fallen angels will encourage you to worship them.
And some have appeared and allowed such worship,
and lead men into serious distractions from Jesus Gospel.
Some people also invite evil spirits in them and seek their influence, much like selling one's soul to the Devil.
These too find that though they may get the wealth and fame they want, they also get a great deal of terror through out their remaining lifetime.
Only Jesus can set them free. I have known a few.
Though they get free, they can still be bothered by the spirit world.

I Invited Jesus into my life very young and over time choose to seek to know Him better and better through both bible study and prayer. Mostly prayer. Jesus alone provide the Holy Spirit to teach in His place.
I found that the more desperate I was to be close to God the more often I knew His voice, and gave me guidance in both scriptures and His will in my daily life.
I know God's intervention in my life often and am humbled by His Love for me.
I cooperate with God best I can, and He makes the difference where I am lacking. I lack a lot.

The more determined one is to Love God from His perspective, the more He can make a difference.
How could 'fallen angels' benefit from being worshiped?

Do these fallen angels know that God is USING them and their rebellion, to further his grand plan? I wonder how the fallen angels would feel knowing they are being used in this way?

The fact is, WITHOUT these 'fallen angels'...mankind could not have free will, If Satan did not tempt Adam and Eve in the garden...there would have been no original sin committed, (thus no choice, no free will).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality