Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2022, 08:22 AM

14,416 posts, read 22,473,283 times

Advertisements

Have you ever met somebody that claim to worship the devil?
Also, if you have, how serious do you think they are?
If the devil appeared infront of them today hypothetically ) , and invited them down to hell; how do you think that person would react. Excited or scared?

This question seem odd. I know. Not I'm just wondering how serious people are that claim they worship the devil.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2022, 09:48 AM

5,493 posts, read 7,333,090 times
Had a girl who worked for me years ago.

Beautiful girl, but liked the goth look. Black everything. When not in work clothes.

She said she liked to be different. Until I pointed out to her that she'd really stand out amongst her friends if she dressed like she worked at Talbots.

She brought in the satanic bible for me to read. Never did get around to it.

She eventully found a better job, but came back to visit me.

This time with different friends, all dressed like they worked at Talbots.

I think she was just trying to find herself, during a rebellious time in her life.

I really enjoyed our talks. She was very bright and articulate. Nothing sinister about her. She had a beautiful soul.

The truely evil people I've encountered are much more subtle in their pretense and deception.

Old 07-30-2022, 10:17 AM

88,514 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
If the devil appeared infront of them today hypothetically ) , and invited them down to hell; how do you think that person would react. Excited or scared?

This question seem odd. I know. Not I'm just wondering how serious people are that claim they worship the devil.
Yep, but a very long time ago, when I was young, maybe 19 or 20. This friend I had from school, who was always a little different, joined some group that worshipped Satan. She would say things like "I swear on Holy Satan". One time she took me to the house where she hung out with these Satan worshippers. Upside-down cross and a big goat head on the wall. I remember a guy at the house saying to me, "you seem really nervous. Is something wrong?" Yeah, you people are weird and I wanna get out of here.

Anyway, this friend used to refer the woman who led this Satan group by what sounded to me like "Doll". Doll said this, Doll said that.

Not just for that reason, I kind of detached from that friend. She was just spinning out of control, getting arrested for shoplifting and doing drugs I wasn't into.

A couple of years later, I was working in the city and reading the NY Daily News at lunchtime. I came across this article about a woman who had been killed while crossing a major highway. She had no ID and her head had been crushed beyond recognition so the police had released a photograph of a tattoo of a Satan's head she had on her arm (and in the early 80s, tattoos were not as common as they are now). The article said the tattoo was recognized by her daughter, who had the same tattoo, and the woman had been identified as a "Dahlene" somebody. I realized that this must have been the "Doll", or rather "Dahl", that led my friend's Satan group.

Old 07-30-2022, 10:30 AM

33,221 posts, read 26,412,135 times
Quote:

I've never personally met somebody who said that they worship Satan. I just wanted to point out though that biblically speaking Satan is not currently in 'hell' and is not, nor never will be the ruler of 'hell.' Biblically speaking, Satan will be just as much a 'prisoner' in the lake of fire as every other angelic and human being residing there.

Old 07-30-2022, 10:53 AM

I believe all this devil, demon,
upside down cross,
goats,pentagrams is a deception.

Devil,demon,satan grins like a chesire cat at those laughable icons.

" he " is the great deceiver and accuser.

You won't find " him " dressed in black, drinking blood.

He'll appear wise and caring. An angel of light.

Old 07-30-2022, 11:05 AM

50,766 posts, read 24,261,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakback View Post
I believe all this devil, demon,
upside down cross,
goats,pentagrams is a deception.

Devil,demon,satan grins like a chesire cat at those laughable icons.

" he " is the great deceiver and accuser.

You won't find " him " dressed in black, drinking blood.

He'll appear wise and caring. An angel of light.
Wait a minute...

Old 07-30-2022, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Wait a minute...
Like I said. A deceiver. The prince of lies.

Old 07-30-2022, 11:31 AM

If anyone wants to understand true evil ( the absence of good ), check out Malachi Martins book " Hostage to the devil " where shares the transcripts of actual excorcisms. ( one was a decieved priest ).

Regardless of any belief or understanding of satan and " his " minions, you will understand evil.

Warning, it's not for the faint hearted or week in their faith.
In fact, anyone who has a spiritual life, I'd strongly recommend have a bible close by. You'll need it.
Seriously.

Old 07-30-2022, 11:42 AM

12,595 posts, read 6,646,703 times
Quote:

I like myself a lot...but I wouldn't call it "worship".
When I look in the mirror, I'm cool about it.

Old 07-30-2022, 12:16 PM

5,902 posts, read 3,789,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Yep, but a very long time ago, when I was young, maybe 19 or 20. This friend I had from school, who was always a little different, joined some group that worshipped Satan. She would say things like "I swear on Holy Satan". One time she took me to the house where she hung out with these Satan worshippers. Upside-down cross and a big goat head on the wall. I remember a guy at the house saying to me, "you seem really nervous. Is something wrong?" Yeah, you people are weird and I wanna get out of here.

Anyway, this friend used to refer the woman who led this Satan group by what sounded to me like "Doll". Doll said this, Doll said that.

Not just for that reason, I kind of detached from that friend. She was just spinning out of control, getting arrested for shoplifting and doing drugs I wasn't into.

A couple of years later, I was working in the city and reading the NY Daily News at lunchtime. I came across this article about a woman who had been killed while crossing a major highway. She had no ID and her head had been crushed beyond recognition so the police had released a photograph of a tattoo of a Satan's head she had on her arm (and in the early 80s, tattoos were not as common as they are now). The article said the tattoo was recognized by her daughter, who had the same tattoo, and the woman had been identified as a "Dahlene" somebody. I realized that this must have been the "Doll", or rather "Dahl", that led my friend's Satan group.
That's an interesting story, I hope that your friend got her life straightened out eventually. Sounds like her leader had a death wish. I had a similar experience, but it was more dark and sinister. Very unsettling so I moved along. I was still a Christian at the time and I guess I thought I could convert them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality