Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2014, 01:37 PM

18,249 posts, read 16,902,587 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by northsider View Post
How do you know this?
Obviously it's not in the Bible (boooo!) but then I discount most of what's in the Bible as being fabricated anyway (yay!)

I came to this conclusion by figuring that if credible philosophers like Emanuel Swedenborg say there is sex in the afterlife (It's a looong story--you have to read much of his material in "Conjugial Love" The problem is Swedenborg is so intellectual it takes him 40 pages to say, "Yes, there is sex in heaven." and explain how he arrives at that conclusion) then he must have some rational basis for concluding that there is.

But let's assume he's right and the clergy who concocted Jesus' famous verse in Matthew circa 300 AD were just sexually frustrated ugly old codgers who wanted to spoil things for the rest of us so they made up that silliness about "In the resurrection they neither marry, yada yada". Doesn't it stand to reason that if we were going to be having sex like bunny rabbits for all eternity, that in order to keep it from getting as stale as it does after a year or so of marriage here on earth, that God would have to design it so that we would never get tired of doing it? The only way to accomplish that would be to make it feel like it's always the first time---EVERY TIME! .

Do you remember the "first time" with a girl/guy you really adored? Are you able to recall (as you scrounge through the dusty bins of your decades-old memory cells) the absolute thrill (obyte) of both of you dropping your clothes and just staring at each other's naked bodies for like five hours before moving slowly to the bed?

Try to imagine such ecstasy for all eternity.

That's heaven!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2014, 06:46 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,915,464 times
I would just be worried about the perpetual voyeur.

Every time your partner calls out, "Oh My God!", I can just imagine the bearded one peering in, and saying, "Yes, what would you want".

Can't imagine a quicker passion killer myself.

Old 06-21-2014, 07:26 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,384,225 times
As an atheist, I'm still hopeful there will be some sort of afterlife awaiting me. And if so, I am of course hopeful that all the good things here (including sex) will be there also.

Old 06-21-2014, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
I would just be worried about the perpetual voyeur.

Every time your partner calls out, "Oh My God!", I can just imagine the bearded one peering in, and saying, "Yes, what would you want".

Can't imagine a quicker passion killer myself.
No problem. All the mansions have curtains.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
As an atheist, I'm still hopeful there will be some sort of afterlife awaiting me. And if so, I am of course hopeful that all the good things here (including sex) will be there also.
No sweat. There definitely is an afterlife and there definitely is sex in the afterlife. I have spent literally hundreds of hours researching writings, testimony videos of NDE's, etc and the inescapable conclusion is that all this is true.

Old 06-21-2014, 09:58 PM

472 posts, read 385,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travelmate38 View Post
Christians and other faiths please feel free to chime in. This is not intended to be a disrespectful or facetious question. I'm curious if we get to have a sex life in heaven? I mean sex is such a huge part of adult human existence that it would seem there will be some form of it found in heaven? And please no "Sex is dirty" responses either. Or sex is only for pro-creating. If it was just to have babies it would not be so darn pleasurable. "Sex is natural, sex is good, not everybody does it, but everybody should" is my opinion, but what about after we die?
Don't worry, you won't be in Heaven...you will be on Gods new earth. We will still have sex...it makes more people. If God did not make sex pleasurable, who would do it?

Old 06-22-2014, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by domenic View Post
Don't worry, you won't be in Heaven...you will be on Gods new earth. We will still have sex...it makes more people. If God did not make sex pleasurable, who would do it?
Dominic, for a fundamentalist you shock me!

You actually disbelieve Jesus in Matthew 22:30?

Old 06-22-2014, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Dominic, for a fundamentalist you shock me!

You actually disbelieve Jesus in Matthew 22:30?
It would depend who Jesus was speaking about...those who would serve him in Heaven, or, those who would live in the earth. I believe in all scriptures, unless they have been twisted by religions.

Old 06-22-2014, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by domenic View Post
It would depend who Jesus was speaking about...those who would serve him in Heaven, or, those who would live in the earth. I believe in all scriptures, unless they have been twisted by religions.
So let me understand this: you believe there will be saints in heaven and ordinary people on earth. I assume both will have the same "glorified bodies" that will live forever, or am I wrong about this. Will the bodies in heaven be just as substantial as Jesus' body was after the resurrection which can be felt by humans? And are the people on earth going to live in houses just like here and have parks and buildings and libraries and concert halls to visit and oceans and lakes to go boating in? And is this life on earth for eternity or are you just referring to the 1000 year millennium Jesus reign after which the great white throne judgment occurs?

Old 06-22-2014, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
So let me understand this: you believe there will be saints in heaven and ordinary people on earth. I assume both will have the same "glorified bodies" that will live forever, or am I wrong about this. Will the bodies in heaven be just as substantial as Jesus' body was after the resurrection which can be felt by humans? And are the people on earth going to live in houses just like here and have parks and buildings and libraries and concert halls to visit and oceans and lakes to go boating in? And is this life on earth for eternity or are you just referring to the 1000 year millennium Jesus reign after which the great white throne judgment occurs?
I know we will have perfect human bodies, and yes, never die. What we will have, such as libraries and concert halls, etc..I do not know. Man has many things now we are not ready to have. We have yet to grow up.

Old 06-22-2014, 10:41 AM

As a side note, I read Swedenborg's thesis that our spirits were created male-female before birth and that at birth we were separated into individual beings which were born randomly out in the world. So you might have been born in the USA while your counterpart was born in Sweden, and these two individuals will be reunited in the spiritual world after death. In other words, that person who we separated from is our perfect soulmate--the person who is a perfect match for us--the person who thinks, feels, and desires just the same as we do. In this way God designed us so that it would be impossible for couples to ever fight with each other and to cause disharmony in heaven. It'd be like fighting with yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality