Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2008, 12:46 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,967,722 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yydanay515 View Post
The angels are NOT those who supposedly fell with Lucifer (a Christian interpretation) which poses all kinds of other embarrassing questions. The scripture is pretty clear about it.

As for your other question, there are threads all over the place on that topic, but suffice it to say, the Bible is CLEAR that he was supposed to have already come back a long time ago.
It is a misconception on your part if you believe that Jesus was suppose to of returned to earth long ago. The Bible is clear that Christ could only return after the return of the Jews to Israel, and after they rebuilt their third temple. The third temple has not been rebuilt yet, and so Christ return cannot happen until sometime after that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2008, 02:58 AM

8,568 posts, read 16,227,664 times
Originally Posted by Campbell34
Quote:
The third temple has not been rebuilt yet, and so Christ return cannot happen until sometime after that.
So God is not all-powerful?
I mean, if God is all-powerful he could come back any time he desired, right?
So why did God limited Himself?

Old 06-04-2008, 01:26 PM

7,784 posts, read 14,883,211 times
Quote:
As a Christian I was taught that Lucifer was kicked out of heaven with one-third of the angels and they became what is now known as demons in Christian theology.
Maybe the problem is what you were taught.

I'm not sure there's any biblical texts to back up what you were taught.

Angels became demons???

Old 06-04-2008, 03:13 PM

244 posts, read 393,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikk View Post
The star that fell on the third of the rivers and made them bitter was called Wormwood (or Chernobyl in Russian) and we all know the nuclear meltdown that occured there in 1986 and that many people died because of it.
From wikipedia (Chernobyl in popular culture - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia):
"The conventional explanation for the name Chernobyl has been that it means 'black grass' or 'black stalks'. In attempting to link the events of the nuclear accident to biblical prophesies, it has been claimed (see Schemann reference below) that the name of the city comes rather from a Ukrainian word chornobyl’, and that this word refers to the mugwort (Artemisia vulgaris). Mugwort is a close relative of wormwood (Artemisia absinthium). As a result, chornobyl’ has been translated by some to be the equivalent of the English name wormwood."

So bit of a stretch there, I'd say.

Old 06-06-2008, 10:08 AM

2,595 posts, read 4,438,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirbryn View Post
From wikipedia (Chernobyl in popular culture - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia):
"The conventional explanation for the name Chernobyl has been that it means 'black grass' or 'black stalks'. In attempting to link the events of the nuclear accident to biblical prophesies, it has been claimed (see Schemann reference below) that the name of the city comes rather from a Ukrainian word chornobyl’, and that this word refers to the mugwort (Artemisia vulgaris). Mugwort is a close relative of wormwood (Artemisia absinthium). As a result, chornobyl’ has been translated by some to be the equivalent of the English name wormwood."

So bit of a stretch there, I'd say.
I think Chernobyl and Wormwood are one and the same, but that is my limited Russian. I am only half Russian.

Old 06-07-2008, 09:16 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,967,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
Originally Posted by Campbell34 So God is not all-powerful?
I mean, if God is all-powerful he could come back any time he desired, right?
So why did God limited Himself?
God has a plan in effect. He is not a God of disorder, and He will only come back after His prophecies are fulfilled. God gave us the prophecies so that non believers could see Gods truth. Yet only those who seek the truth will understand them. If God tried to side step His prophecies it would make Him a liar. God is faithful to the end, and those who love Him know that we can trust what He has stated in His Word.

Old 06-07-2008, 07:40 PM

3,758 posts, read 8,438,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
God has a plan in effect. He is not a God of disorder, and He will only come back after His prophecies are fulfilled. God gave us the prophecies so that non believers could see Gods truth. Yet only those who seek the truth will understand them. If God tried to side step His prophecies it would make Him a liar. God is faithful to the end, and those who love Him know that we can trust what He has stated in His Word.
I agree.

Old 06-07-2008, 07:55 PM

8,357 posts, read 25,231,290 times
I thought that the angles joined God in Heaven? To me that suggests that they came from somewhere else, but here you suggest that angles were created in Heaven.

Quote:
The angels that rebelled in heaven and were cast out by Micheal the archangel were cast into hell and bound with chains. This is a third of the angels that were created in heaven.
And if they were created in Heaven, then why, how, can they be judged along with humans? Were they also created in God's image?

Quote:
At the end after Jesus returns, there will be a judgement for all and even the angels will be judged. 1 Cor. 6:3: "Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life?"

Old 12-16-2008, 08:49 PM

321 posts, read 679,302 times
Interesting question(s)

Old 12-16-2008, 09:04 PM

4,655 posts, read 5,065,889 times
Quote:
As a Christian I was taught that Lucifer was kicked out of heaven with one-third of the angels and they became what is now known as demons in Christian theology. We are told that these demons, along with Satan their leader, are running free deceiving the world. My question then is, in Jude 1:6 and II Peter 2:4 (see passages below) who are these angels that are supposedly locked away and chained until judgment day? Are there two groups of renegade angels, one set running wild and the others bound? I pretty much have my answer already and it IS biblically sound but I am not so sure many Christians reason this one out because it can lead to some real conflicting theology based on some faulty premises much like the idea of Jesus returning in the future.

Want to hear your thoughts.

There are a lot of theories, but it's not really clear.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality