Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2023, 02:03 PM

412 posts, read 134,798 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk55732 View Post
And if they dont believe in God, so be it. I dont make a big deal if someone believes or not. It truly doesnt matter to me.

However, nothing that you have stated about aliens would mean that any religion coudnt exist because of them.
I couldn't agree with you more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2023, 02:05 PM

5,214 posts, read 2,971,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by primaltech View Post
Religion exists even when it's disproven. Because of the nature of what faith is... belief without evidence. Or often even believing things despite mountains of evidence to the contrary. (Evolution, astronomy, etc.)

So would there still be Christians, and Muslims, etc... yes, of course there would be.

But my point is that, clearly, more than ever, the underlying main thrust of Christianity would be thematically incompatible with reality as we would now come to understand it in our greater enlightenment, along with perhaps other world-shaking facts that we would discover about ourselves and our distant past, etc.
What mountain of evidence to the contrary when it comes to evolution or astronomy?

Why would Christianity be incompatible just because we meet aliens?

Old 05-17-2023, 03:19 PM

18,845 posts, read 6,863,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caco54 View Post
What plan do religions have if life on other planets is discovered? Do we throw the Bible out and start over? Is it fair to convert a “whole new world”? Thoughts?
If they exist, God created them. It's really that simple. Not sure what the problem is.

Old 05-17-2023, 03:40 PM

17,640 posts, read 13,477,684 times
Once again, I have proof beyond any doubt that every extraterrestrial civilization had a Garden of Eden, an Adam and Eve, a snake that was possessed by the Devil... All of it.

And that's why Jesus hasn't come back here yet. With a gazillion civilizations out there he is too busy dying on crosses around the Universe to be able to get back here.

Old 05-17-2023, 04:28 PM

412 posts, read 134,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
Once again, I have proof beyond any doubt that every extraterrestrial civilization had a Garden of Eden, an Adam and Eve, a snake that was possessed by the Devil... All of it.

And that's why Jesus hasn't come back here yet. With a gazillion civilizations out there he is too busy dying on crosses around the Universe to be able to get back here.:(
You! In the corner now!

Old 05-22-2023, 02:48 AM

19,769 posts, read 13,299,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
If they exist, God created them. It's really that simple. Not sure what the problem is.
Agreed. I am simply baffled by the problem some evangelicals have over this. It is such a needless hill to choose to die on.

Old 05-28-2023, 02:31 PM

22,860 posts, read 10,253,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caco54 View Post
What plan do religions have if life on other planets is discovered? Do we throw the Bible out and start over? Is it fair to convert a “whole new world”? Thoughts?
I dont know for sure, but this scripture giving an overcomer the same prophesies spoken about Jesus highly insinuates that each overcomer will be born on a different planet where one day he will stand in a river where a man baptizes him, a dove comes down with a voice saying," This is my son in whom I am well pleased."

Of course its opinion and speculation but if the idea is correct, there are other planets exactly like this one, same names, same histories and the same futures.

Revelation 2
26And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations: 27And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father. 28And I will give him the morning star. 29He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality