U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-21-2010, 09:02 PM
 
688 posts, read 812,481 times
Reputation: 380

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acecombat View Post
like i said before, who created god? things cant just magically appear out of thin air and exist. Its IMPOSSIBLE. Impossible as the truth impossible. I cant magically appear out of thin air, that would be nice and have supernatural powers. But can everyone see though? All we have is someone elses opinion about the creation of this world. IF and IF i say is factually true, then the world we know it to be today is surely out of this world. If everyone took a second and thought about this, they would see and agree that i am corrrect
Ok, I'm not going to argue about what you just said, but could equally ask question. Do you believe in Big Bang Theory (I'm not talking about evolution here on Earth, or any other world for that matter, I'm talking about how supposedly all matter in universe, and possibly other universes, literally came from nothing at all, or possibly one or so square inch superdense cluster of material that over last 14 or 15 billion years has spread out into the megavoids of space)? Even from an atheist point of view, I could as easily believe some type of supernatural being created, or at least started the process as I could everything came from pure nothingness of teeny tiny condensed material cluster.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-21-2010, 11:50 PM
 
599 posts, read 555,189 times
Reputation: 136
Remember: The purpose of religion is to control its followers.

How did humans come about? religion can not answer that question, because religion does not do any investigation in that area, that should be left to science to figure out. So why does religion wants have something to say about it? Because religion wants to say: "God did it, so get down on your knees and pray" -- to control.

Does religion answers other question it shouldn't? yes. All the question not related to religion itself should not be answered by religion: human society moral standards, earth-sun, human relationships, love, hate ... nothing of those should be answered by religion. Because, religion does not research, investigate in any of those.

But why does religion wants to answer everything? Like I mentioned above, religion wants to say "God did it, so pray for God". Religion is all about controlling followers using a fake "omnipotent" God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-22-2010, 12:48 AM
 
Location: Somewhere on Earth
1,052 posts, read 950,576 times
Reputation: 702
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud235 View Post
Religion is all about controlling followers using a fake "omnipotent" God.
Depends on the religion, I suppose. I'm pretty sure not all religions are that nasty
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-20-2013, 01:45 PM
 
3 posts, read 626 times
Reputation: 10
Back in the day there were humans and they all where fighting about who was right or wrong about god yes god is real but the humans all wrote there stories about who he was and fought about it christian was one that came out on top. The bible and all religious books are fake they are stories on how the humans think. Yes god is real but not in the way you think, all you atheists say god is not real well he is but religion is fake,you cannot explain anything without a God. Just think about it how do humans have all the emotions they do and the ability to interpret and create a society, then think about space its so infinte with probably millions of other life forms everywhere no matter what you say or do atheists God is real and you cannot argue that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-20-2013, 01:59 PM
Status: "Amiable" (set 3 days ago)
 
Location: Ontario, Canada
7,042 posts, read 2,380,971 times
Reputation: 4290
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSmartGuy__ View Post
Back in the day there were humans and they all where fighting about who was right or wrong about god yes god is real but the humans all wrote there stories about who he was and fought about it christian was one that came out on top. The bible and all religious books are fake they are stories on how the humans think. Yes god is real but not in the way you think, all you atheists say god is not real well he is but religion is fake,you cannot explain anything without a God. Just think about it how do humans have all the emotions they do and the ability to interpret and create a society, then think about space its so infinte with probably millions of other life forms everywhere no matter what you say or do atheists God is real and you cannot argue that.
Well...after all, he IS a "SuperSmartGuy"...so I guess he must be right.

No point for this forum to exist now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-20-2013, 02:04 PM
 
Location: Valencia, Spain
7,884 posts, read 4,756,684 times
Reputation: 1527
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSmartGuy__ View Post
.... no matter what you say or do atheists God is real and you cannot argue that.
Of course we can argue that. What YOU can't do is say..'God is real, oh yes he is' and expect everyone to accept it without supporting that with verifiable evidence. Can you do that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-20-2013, 02:07 PM
 
3 posts, read 626 times
Reputation: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranj_Ramak View Post
No Biblical prophecies have come true. That is a common lie perpetuated by Xians in a feeble attempt to give legitimacy to their Bible. Face it, all religions claim to have fulfilled prophecies. However just like the works of Nostradamus, one can stretch and shape the words to fit any situation and then claim them fulfilled. And of course anyone writing a novel can "fulfill" the prophecies laid out in book 1, with some clever writing in book 2. Not too difficult! Not to mention any group of religious zealots could work to make it appear that some prophecy has been fulfilled. It would be quite easy for example, for Jesus and his followers to stage and "fulfill" any number of the "prophecies" associated with the messiah. Sorry, but the claim that Christianity is legitimate due to fulfilled prophecy just doesn't hold any weight.
How about the fact that Jesus cursed the Jews and there children for all eternity and since then the Jews have been killed, rejected, and shunned. Tell me about that one ya stoop. Then the bible says Jesus will return for good in 3 days, in the bible it says that 1 day to god is 1000 years to man its been about 2015 years since then just wait out for it. If you think about it there is a god and there always has been you cant explain anything without him because he made it that way humans are trying to get out of that realm of thinking. That should not be. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:sma ck:

Last edited by SuperSmartGuy__; 05-20-2013 at 02:10 PM.. Reason: Add 1 more point
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-20-2013, 02:12 PM
 
3 posts, read 626 times
Reputation: 10
I forget to say that god made 1 defect with humans he made us in his image so we want the infinite knowledge just like he does but we cant get that infinite knowledge so we make things up like dumb ATHEISTS
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-20-2013, 02:28 PM
 
Location: WV and Eastport, ME
6,686 posts, read 5,402,576 times
Reputation: 3839
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Well...after all, he IS a "SuperSmartGuy"...so I guess he must be right.

No point for this forum to exist now.
Well, not so much that he noticed that this thread had been dormant for over 3 years.

Also, I hear the grammar police are looking for him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-20-2013, 02:33 PM
 
Location: WV and Eastport, ME
6,686 posts, read 5,402,576 times
Reputation: 3839
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSmartGuy__ View Post
I forget to say that god made 1 defect with humans he made us in his image so we want the infinite knowledge just like he does but we cant get that infinite knowledge so we make things up like dumb ATHEISTS
This statement makes no sense to me. I've never heard anybody claim to be looking for infinite knowledge. I have no idea why you said something in this post about dumb ATHEISTS. Somebody that know more than I will post the statistics that show that the higher the IQ the less likely one is to be religious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:57 PM.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top