Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2008, 01:16 AM

64 posts, read 102,366 times

Advertisements

Hear is a good question. We all know the major issues surronding the creation of the earth and all that talk. I mean, here is the question. If god created the earth, who created god? Modern science has proven that 2 people can create a child and that bacteria can cause infections and disease. This stuff is proven fact, while god is all myth and superstition. The whole god thing is a persons idea. As modern pshycology states, people create things to help them cope with the troubles of everyday life. This whole god and chirstianity thing as gone waay to far. It has created a whole mess of stuff that has basically brainwashed into believing that there is one. It has also affected our function in everyday society and our morals as well. im sure your asking me about modern science. That does also bring up a good question. We have NO CLUE about how we came to be. i sometimes get the feeling that this whole world isnt real, reality and all. There is too much evil going on in the world. I wish someone could help us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2008, 01:39 AM
SWV

445 posts, read 1,332,832 times
Default .....

Why you guys always pointing out CHRISTIANS..You have no other logics.

Old 06-01-2008, 01:39 AM

2,017 posts, read 5,078,289 times
For someone who is brand new to the forums and jumps right into a combative post like this one, I think you should be first to prove that what you're saying to be true. What you've said is merely your opinion. You don't understand God (or Christianity) so you call Him a myth. I don't understand algebra but I don't call it a myth.

Coming into a Christian Forum to knock Christianity is not very good form. It's like going into someone's home, just because the door was open, and starting to criticize the house and the family. Meanwhile they just stare at you wondering, "Who are you and why are you in our house if you don't like it?"

Old 06-01-2008, 01:40 AM
SWV

445 posts, read 1,332,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple Living View Post
For someone who is brand new to the forums and jumps right into a combative post like this one, I think you should be the first to prove that what you're saying to be true. What you've said is merely your opinion. You cannot prove God is a myth. You say that because you don't understand God or Christianity. I don't understand algebra but I don't call it a myth.

Coming into a Christian Forum to knock Christianity is not very good form. It's like going into someone's home, just because the door was open, and starting to criticize the house and the family. Meanwhile they just stare at you wondering, "Who are you and why are you in our house if you don't like it?"

I agree!

Old 06-01-2008, 01:54 AM

2,017 posts, read 5,078,289 times
In another post about homosexuality, you said:
Quote:
Its not a disease. Its people's honest and true thing about what they desire
Well, God is who we desire. Why aren't you saying, "Well, Christians want to believe in God, and, if that's what they desire, who am I to say it's wrong?"

This is the world's double-standard when it comes to Christianity. They scream about political correctness and demand tolerance as long as THEY are the ones RECEIVING it. They still want "their rights" to "free speech" and bash Christianity. Sorry. You can't have it both ways.

THIS IS THE HYPOCRISY AND IMPOSSIBILITY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS! "Political Correctness" is the myth. Not God.

Old 06-01-2008, 02:01 AM

1,706 posts, read 3,289,472 times
It sounds like your world has turned upside down. Science seems to provide no answers, and religion seems a consoling construction of the mind in the midst of chaos. What kind of meaning are you looking for? And why now?

Life cannot be reduced to observable, provable data. On those merits bees can't fly and varied injustices of experience abound. In a world like that, nihilism seems appropriate.

Christ came as a literal, flesh-and-blood human in our landscape. He was a historical figure who made outrageous claims of his synthesized nature. A man but G-d. And Christ's simple message was to save the world's humans. With such positivism, you would expect that he would have been welcomed, but he was spurned, and eventually gave his life for the masses.

My question for you friend, is if he came as a false prophet, why do so many believe in him, as the incarnate G-d? And if he indeed was who he pretended to be, how come you don't believe?

Remaining in history and fact, what are your passioned arguments for your continued theories of experience, and how come you have come here asking for answers? The spiritual life in Christianity is a reasoned argument about chaos, injustice, and flipped relativism, and what answers we have now for working and living in such a distorted reality. It wasn't intended to be sin first followed by good, but good as the first choice relative to the consequences of sin. Will you take good when it is offered?

We can speak at length about these topics in this forum, many others will join, and I encourage you to do intellectual and emotional battle here, but I also encourage you, as you begin to search and ask questions, to consider a self-study of the same with C. S. Lewis' "Mere Christianity." Lewis was a philosopher and unbeliever as he began a quest similar to yours and he took a 180 degree turn when he began to consider the reality of experiences you address.

Friend, this isn't preaching as much as it is considering an argument for one person who made outrageous claims. Again, in a hypothetical world, anything and everything can or should happen. Let's leave all injustices aside for now and talk about Christ. Christ is the basis of Christianity and this is where a study of this religion should begin.

Are you game? Send me a DM if you seek answers beyond what seems to many to be flaming. I should also add and you have quickly found this room provides a lot of seasoning. Peace to you.

Last edited by Kin Atoms; 06-01-2008 at 02:18 AM.. Reason: errata and correction

Old 06-01-2008, 04:24 AM

just stating my opinion about what i think about world issues

Old 06-01-2008, 04:57 AM

20,222 posts, read 19,768,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acecombat View Post
just stating my opinion about what i think about world issues
What are your opinions about Jews and Muslims?

Old 06-01-2008, 04:57 AM

like i said before, who created god? things cant just magically appear out of thin air and exist. Its IMPOSSIBLE. Impossible as the truth impossible. I cant magically appear out of thin air, that would be nice and have supernatural powers. But can everyone see though? All we have is someone elses opinion about the creation of this world. IF and IF i say is factually true, then the world we know it to be today is surely out of this world. If everyone took a second and thought about this, they would see and agree that i am corrrect

Old 06-01-2008, 07:02 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,563,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acecombat View Post
like i said before, who created god? things cant just magically appear out of thin air and exist. Its IMPOSSIBLE. Impossible as the truth impossible. I cant magically appear out of thin air, that would be nice and have supernatural powers. But can everyone see though? All we have is someone elses opinion about the creation of this world. IF and IF i say is factually true, then the world we know it to be today is surely out of this world. If everyone took a second and thought about this, they would see and agree that i am corrrect
In the spiritual realm, there is no beginning or end. It's eternal. God has always existed, there was no beginning. We live in a physical, finite world of beginnings and endings. That's how God created it, and that's why we can't understand anything else. You're looking for a beginning that doesn't exist, because God doesn't require one. The Bible teaches that faith is an important factor in believing in God.

Here's a website you might want to explore.
Prayer of Salvation

It's a choice to believe in God. If you read and study the Bible and learn about Biblical prophecy, you will find that the prophecies that have already been fulfilled are enough to know that you can trust the Bible to be true and accurate. Christianity is not fake. It's the only way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality