Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2013, 03:39 PM

1 posts, read 847 times

Advertisements

@Nikk Muslims pray to the same God that jesus prayed to .and your statement has nothing to do with the topic and does not make sense this statement "It is like saying that Christians walk on their feet, sometimes Muslims walk on their feet, so Muslims are sometimes Christians." this is not a valid statement and does not match the topic .

book of deuteronomy chapter 6 verse 4 moses said "o he israel our lord is but one and none else'
jesus said the same thing in the Gospel of Mark Chapter 12 verse 29 "The first of all comandment is , Hear, O Israel ; The Lord our God is one Lord"
Jesus was a muslim and Moses and all the other Prophets and its proof if you examine the stuff jesus said in the bible

Gospel of John chapter 16 verse 12-14 jesus said that there is one more to come after me he will not speak on his authority but he will speak what is spoken to him .He will glorify me , for he will take what is mine and declare it to you"
Jesus was talking about the prophet Mohamed peace be upon him.
the people then changed the bible and came up with the trinity. jesus never said about the trinity.thats why u get so many different version of the bible it has been changed by man. the Quraan has not been changed not a single word and thats from over 1400 years ago
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2013, 09:29 PM

995 posts, read 951,697 times
YHWH and Allah are both the God of immorality, murder, genocide and terrorism. I wouldn't pray to either. They belong in Hell.

Old 11-27-2013, 03:47 AM

2 posts, read 1,054 times
Muslims pray to Allah (not God).

I am a Christian and I pray sometime on my knees with my head on the ground. Sometimes I am prostrate on the ground. This does not make me a Muslim.

Your reasoning is faulty.

__________________________________________________ ________________________

God in English, Allah in Arab, Deus in portuguese, Tixo in Xhosa!

Think before your write as you offend not only the person you dirrect your insult to
I reconverted from cathlic to islam and i have studied the bible extensively and all the prophets and dissiples prayed like muslims do.

Open your mind and do not discrinate.
People can bow to kings and kiss the hands off the pope but praying as Jesus himself did is Extreme?

The original language of Jesus is Aramaic, the hebrew language, the sister language to Arabic so when Jesus refered to God dont think he said it in english he said it in his mother tongue "Illiya" meaning God

Old 11-27-2013, 03:49 AM

2 posts, read 1,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omaira View Post

muslims pray to allah (not god).

i am a christian and i pray sometime on my knees with my head on the ground. Sometimes i am prostrate on the ground. This does not make me a muslim.

your reasoning is faulty.

__________________________________________________ ________________________

god in english, allah in arab, deus in portuguese, tixo in xhosa!

Think before your write as you offend not only the person you dirrect your insult to
i reconverted from cathlic to islam and i have studied the bible extensively and all the prophets and dissiples prayed like muslims do.

Open your mind and do not discrinate.
People can bow to kings and kiss the hands off the pope but praying as jesus himself did is extreme?

The original language of jesus is aramaic, the hebrew language, the sister language to arabic so when jesus refered to god dont think he said it in english he said it in his mother tongue "illiya" meaning god
:d

Old 11-27-2013, 06:12 AM

50,081 posts, read 20,504,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elwill View Post
A(before entering the mosque)

And Moses and Aaron and his sons washed their hands and their feet thereat; when they went into tent of the conregation they washed as the Lord commanded Moses."-(EXODUS 40:31-32)

B(PRAYER THE MUSLIMS)

And he (Jesus) went a little further, and fell on his face, and prayed..."-(MATTHEW 26:39).

And Joshua fell on his face to the earth, and did worship..."-(JOSHUA 5:14).

And he (Elijah) cast himself down upon the earth, and put his face between his knees."-(1 KINGS 18:42).

And they (Moses and Aaron) fell upon their faces..."-(NUMBERS 20:6).
And Abraham fell on his face..."-(GENESIS 17:3).
This is what we call putting the cart before the horse. Aside from ritual prostration being an instinctive thing in a variety of cultures it can be argued that the Muslims derived their rites from the previous religions of the Book rather than the Book somehow prophesying how Muslims would worship centuries later.

Old 11-27-2013, 11:59 AM

4,612 posts, read 4,872,845 times
An old topic gets resurrected.

I remember the OP very well. He is from Egypt, and during the so-called 'Arab Spring' he thought his country would accept democracy without too much trouble because they are all of the same religion.

It would be interesting to hear what he has to say now.

Old 11-28-2013, 04:26 AM

50,081 posts, read 20,504,666 times
I imagine he would say that, if the secularist and Non - muslims would just pipe down and accept the Muslim brotherhood's plants is Islamize the whole country, there would instantly be an end to the trouble.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality