Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2008, 04:42 PM

250 posts, read 335,998 times

Advertisements

Evolution is the dogmatic, pagan religion of people who want life on their terms and want nothing to do with recognizing God as the authority over their life. All is done in defense of their faith, regardless of scientific fact.

Science and evolution are contradictory. Science does not support evolution. Evolutionary science is a contradiction in terms. Ever heard an evolutionist try to explain the bombadier beetle? Or the human footprints inside the dinosaur footprints? Or the whole trees preserved through hundreds of sedimentary rock layers? It's hilarious!

Evolution is an old argument, one that was lost long ago and yet held up for review by college professors and people who like to stir the pot with nothing new to say. I rather enjoy the arguments between Kent Hovind and professors who wind up at dead ends... the debates are factual and quite entertaining. So funny to see troublemakers attack Hovind without science or challenging his arguments. Silly, childish tactics.

I have yet to see Belinski in person but would like to ask him some questions. Thanks for the thread. Those with questions should consult the sources... old argument lost long ago. No thanks to a rehash.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2008, 04:56 PM

9,732 posts, read 4,062,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanTerra View Post
What's a Theory?

Answer my question first please.

Old 06-05-2008, 04:57 PM

2,630 posts, read 4,940,223 times
You mean the same Hovind who's doing time in jail for tax evasion and is schedule to come out on august 2015?

Old 06-05-2008, 05:07 PM

2,630 posts, read 4,940,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandgirl View Post
Where have you personally seen evolution in progress?
I'm a student doing a biology course in college. Unit 5 is evolution, genetics and enviroment, unit 4 is microbiology where early January we saw evolution in action with E coli. These little gram negative bacteria that I grew for a week in a petri dish were being killed off by me inserting doses of penicillin on them. All of them would have died if not for the few bacteria that evolved an immunity for penicillin.

Another experiment which I didn't carry out but saw the other biology group do it in the summer was with the fruit fly species Drosophila melanogaster evolving into the species Drosophila pseudoobscura after a few months.

The last one I feel like mentioning you will have to wait till I find my papers. It involves polyploidy of plants which is as big as a jump as evolution will allow.

Edit: I WAS a student in college though I finished it about 2 weeks ago. Just like in January when I'm getting used to writing 2008 instead of 2007, I still haven't stopped the habit of saying I am still in college.

Last edited by coosjoaquin; 06-05-2008 at 05:21 PM..

Old 06-05-2008, 05:15 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,624,668 times
pshinspections wrote:
Quote:
Or the human footprints inside the dinosaur footprints?
If you're talking about the so called human prints with dino prints in Glen Rose, Texas I've been there and I've seen the dinosaur prints at Dinosaur Valley State Park and I also went to the nearby creationism museum which was laughable. I happened to talk to one of the employees at the State Park who knows the guy who runs the creationism museum personally and doesn't have a very high opinion of him. What you probably don't realize is that most creationists now accept the fact that it has been proven to be false that there are fossilized human footprints at this location. The tracks were made by bipedal meat eating dinosaurs and the distance between each print is much longer than it would be if they were made by a human being. Some of the tracks are much clearer than others probably because the muddier areas would have produced a less distinct print while the drier soil would have produced a print with finer details. I made a point of going there to see it for myself so if you're getting your information from an outdated creationism website I would advise you to do the same. Evolution has withstood a century and a half of attacks from people who don't want it to be true but it's true despite their objections.

Old 06-05-2008, 05:25 PM

1,129 posts, read 2,699,180 times
Okay, why are we limiting God? Do any of us have His blue prints? It is obvious it was a master design/plan of some kind!! All you have to do is study how anything and everything works (starting with your amazing body).

So many people won't believe in God because they relate this image of Him from back in the dark ages. But think about it folks-all this knowledge, including this computer, was given by Him. I consider Him the biggest "Techy" of all. Beam me up God!

Now, if ya really want to test Him and get freaked out all at once, read the Bible. But don't do it the "normal" way. First ernestly ask God to show Himself. Then, sit back and enjoy the wonderful and mighty works of our Creator!!!

Have a subject on your mind and ask God to show you some of His words on that very subject. Open the Bible and see if it (The Word) doesn't read your mind!!!

This has happened for me so many times I can't count! There is a verse about it even. I discovered this years after my conversion from an Atheist. Here it is:

"For The Word of God is quick (Living) and powerful, and sharper than a two-edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart!"
Hebrews 4:12

WOWWY!!!!! I limit my God not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-05-2008, 05:39 PM

3,306 posts, read 4,155,506 times
Dude, are we really debating whether humans walked with dinosaurs here? I mean seriously? I think this evidence speaks for itself:

Evidence that Humans and Dinosaurs lived at the same time:* Artifacts and Art work

Also, if evolutionists were really correct you should find:

YouTube - Kirk Crocoduck

Quote:
But think about it folks-all this knowledge, including this computer, was given by Him.
Yes as we know folks like Alan Turing where very religious, god was clearly speaking through him and others when when computers were developed. God is amazing.

Old 06-05-2008, 05:42 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,624,668 times
jadybug wrote:
Quote:
starting with your amazing body
I only wish it was amazing.
I've noticed that there are several people who have stated that they were an atheist at some point in their lives and then became Christians or at least religious in some sense. If you don't mind my asking, what was it that convinced you that you were wrong and that there is in fact a God? Thanks.

Old 06-05-2008, 05:47 PM

9,732 posts, read 4,062,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coosjoaquin View Post
I'm a student doing a biology course in college. Unit 5 is evolution, genetics and enviroment, unit 4 is microbiology where early January we saw evolution in action with E coli. These little gram negative bacteria that I grew for a week in a petri dish were being killed off by me inserting doses of penicillin on them. All of them would have died if not for the few bacteria that evolved an immunity for penicillin.

Another experiment which I didn't carry out but saw the other biology group do it in the summer was with the fruit fly species Drosophila melanogaster evolving into the species Drosophila pseudoobscura after a few months.

The last one I feel like mentioning you will have to wait till I find my papers. It involves polyploidy of plants which is as big as a jump as evolution will allow.

Edit: I WAS a student in college though I finished it about 2 weeks ago. Just like in January when I'm getting used to writing 2008 instead of 2007, I still haven't stopped the habit of saying I am still in college.

I interpret these facts to indicate a simple mutation within species. It hardly meets the criterion for an evolutionary jump. Also, all these experiments were created by an intelligence, and could not have happened by accident. A point in my mind against evolution as it is being presented by science today.

Old 06-05-2008, 06:01 PM

1,129 posts, read 2,699,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humanoid View Post
Dude, are we really debating whether humans walked with dinosaurs here? I mean seriously? I think this evidence speaks for itself:

Evidence that Humans and Dinosaurs lived at the same time:* Artifacts and Art work

Also, if evolutionists were really correct you should find:

YouTube - Kirk Crocoduck

Yes as we know folks like Alan Turing where very religious, god was clearly speaking through him and others when when computers were developed. God is amazing.
He may have not "known" God, but God certainly knew Alan. There was a purpose. This subject is covered in The Word as well if you'll just pick it up and give it a good read! Trying to cover it here is like trying to put the state of Texas in your coffee cup.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality