Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2008, 11:28 AM

5,298 posts, read 4,591,997 times

Advertisements

The beginning of understanding God, is the seperation from all that churchs teach. It is the total rehabilitation of all that you have learned, and then to unlearn it. Religion has been the largest brainwashing operation that I have seen in my life time.

Peace.

Old 07-29-2008, 01:53 PM

3,261 posts, read 3,705,472 times
Amen to that Mickiel.

Old 07-29-2008, 01:57 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
fear of the lord beginning of wisdom.
ps 111:10

Old 07-29-2008, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
fear of the lord beginning of wisdom.
ps 111:10

Very good scripture. Often I wonder what it really means. I recall reading that we should fear him because he is able to kill both body and soul, and I quess we do tend to fear those who can kill us. Yet with God it must be different, because he is " Able to Kill", and yet just as able to save us from eternal death. Such ability is beyond my comprehension, yet still deserves my fear. Even still, deserves my respect and belief.

Its worth it, fearing God. Or rerspecting him for what he both is and could do to all of us. He created us, he could kill us all, and what could anyone do about it? Yet I ask myself, why would God create Life, just to turn around and kill it? I think he created us to have LIfe, and have it abundantly, or eternally. I think thats what he wants, and conversely I don't think anything can stop that either.

Unbelief in him cannot stop it, rejection of him cannot stop it, nothing can stop Gods will, and I believe his will is for all to have life.

Peace.

Old 07-30-2008, 10:31 AM

would'nt you think that an omnipotent being would be beyond anger & vengeance.

Old 07-30-2008, 10:36 AM

2,595 posts, read 4,440,088 times
The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom.
The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge.
The fear of the Lord is the beginning of understanding.

To fear God you must first believe that He exists and is a rewarder of those who dilligently seek Him.

Old 07-30-2008, 10:43 AM

2,595 posts, read 4,440,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by albion View Post
would'nt you think that an omnipotent being would be beyond anger & vengeance.
No!

The emotions and feeling we have are just a reflection of the feeling and emotions that God has.

Are you not angry when you see a child molested?

Don't you think the parrent of that child would not be angrier than you?

How about our heavenly Father, God? Who created that perfect child and has plans for that child's life and intended for the child to spend eternity with him! That evil person that molested the child may have caused that child to reject God and spend eternity in hell. I think God has many reasons to be angry.

Old 07-30-2008, 12:15 PM

I refuse to worship a god that allows child molestation to happen at all.
You've said that god is all powerful, then why would he allow peoples houses & crops to be destroyed in Iowa, why did he allow 6 million of his chosen people to be murdered in the death camps, did they make him angry, were they being punished, if so for what.

Old 07-31-2008, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albion View Post
I refuse to worship a god that allows child molestation to happen at all.
You've said that god is all powerful, then why would he allow peoples houses & crops to be destroyed in Iowa, why did he allow 6 million of his chosen people to be murdered in the death camps, did they make him angry, were they being punished, if so for what.

God does not need your worship, nor does he need your approval for anything that he does. Neither does he need to explain himself to humanity. Why should God be concerned with crops on earth when he knows hes going to renew the earth in a time to come, and those crops will be far superior to anything that we now know. Why should God be concerned with how many people have been murdered or how they were murdered, when he holds the power to ressurect them and give them life again at a much higher level.

Humans rant and rave about God because they do not know him. And our views of him are born from that ignorance.

Peace.

Old 08-02-2008, 09:27 PM

The beginning of Understanding God, is when he decides to lift the blindness from you himself. The only way to understand God, is to have God move on your mind first, there is nothing we can do to begin this process.

The beginning of understanding God, is for your self to die. All your selfish thoughts about God has to be humbled and untwisted.

Peace.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality