Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2008, 11:34 AM

5,298 posts, read 4,590,271 times

Advertisements

There are so many things that I am " Beginning to Do", its just to long to list. But where God is concerned, I have been " Beginning to Understand him" for quite some time now. I haven't got pass just Beginning to comprehend him. I began this most interesting and unusual journey, by really divorcing myself from the Traditional way of understanding God. I don't use books, other than the Bible itself, I don't need teachers and I don't adhere to churchs of any sort. And this is what works for me. I really am interested in comming to know God one day, I kind of look forward to it.

Yet I disagree with so much " Popular information about God out there." I just don't like what I hear comming out of people, so I tend to myself in this area. God does not talk to me, nor do I understand him like I truly want to, but I kind of " Know he is There." So I examine his word, and to my surprise, I Like it. I like God, although I do not know him. This whole " Spiritual Thing" kind of turns me on. And the Bible is unique to me, its message quite stimulating.

The beginning of understanding God is not quite like I thought it would be, but it is rather stimulating, unlike anythingelse I have experienced. I find God to be very stand offish, very hidden and very impersonal. All of which has surprised me. He comes and goes as he pleases, and does things according to his own ways and means, not mine. I can't seem to bargain with him, or manipulate him. And I have learned that I now cannot do without him.

I think God is quite mysterious and strange, and well worth the effort to get to know him. The beginning of Wisdom is quite Lonely and like nothingelse.

Peace.

Old 06-13-2008, 11:38 AM

3,978 posts, read 8,546,566 times
My God bless you in your search and your studies of God's word.

Old 06-13-2008, 11:42 AM

2,214 posts, read 5,577,136 times
I am so thankful to understand the 'nature' of God with so much confusion out there. I truly feel like I do have a relationship with God and I encourage everyone to pursue that as well.

I love this scripture: "Do not be anxious over anything but in everything by prayer and supplication along with thanksgiving let your petitions be made known to God and the peace of God that excels all thought will guard your hearts and your mental powers by means of Christ Jesus."-Phil 4: 6,7

Old 06-13-2008, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alicenavada View Post
I am so thankful to understand the 'nature' of God with so much confusion out there. I truly feel like I do have a relationship with God and I encourage everyone to pursue that as well.

I love this scripture: "Do not be anxious over anything but in everything by prayer and supplication along with thanksgiving let your petitions be made known to God and the peace of God that excels all thought will guard your hearts and your mental powers by means of Christ Jesus."-Phil 4: 6,7

Well yes, L'll be glad when my time comes also. I do admit to being " Anxious" in wanting to know him, and at times I am not sure as to how to speak to him. I can go days without prayer, and then conversely spend days in prayer, and just trifling inbetween that. I don't trust it when other people claim that God speaks to them, I just don't know about that. I admit to being sckeptical about the things others are saying about their " Experience with God."

I am a supersticous man myself, but I know that I need God.

Can't just seem to be able to " Bottle that up", or compress him into my own little world.

Peace.

Old 06-13-2008, 12:22 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,500,581 times
Mickiel, such a wise post, and good understanding from someone who is new and growing everyday in faith and a personal relationship with God.. on this marvelous journey....God bless you on this marvelous journey you have begun

Old 06-13-2008, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue62 View Post
Mickiel, such a wise post, and good understanding from someone who is new and growing everyday in faith and a personal relationship with God.. on this marvelous journey....God bless you on this marvelous journey you have begun

Well thank you, but I do not know God as of yet, though I am very curious about him. I have no relationship with him, but I am sure he knows I want one. I believe in the bible, but often disagree with how it is interpited. So in my search for God, I walk into most areas alone, and am comfortable with that. I figure if I am to learn about him, then I would like for that learning to come directly from him, and I don't want others messing with that, good intentioned or not.

I believe God created all things, through Jesus, and that we may seem to be left to ourselves, but our true destiny lays in him. I am trying to key in on that, and I am impressed with what the bible has to say about Salvation, very impressed. I am impressed with God himself, and what the bible says about his characther, so I, for one, would certainly like to know him.

Peace.

Old 06-13-2008, 07:42 PM

The Mind of God is of Intrest to me, as well as his true emotions. What he really thinks like, what he has really planned for all of humanity. What is Gods true felt hearts desire for humanity? I mean what is it that he really desires for us all? A look into the Bible has surprised me with the answer. He wants humanity to be saved and to live with him forever. Oh how I want to believe in this, yet I find that most religions discourage this kind of Salvation, and instead teach a very limited view of Salvation.

Is the Mind and Heart of God limited where the Salvation of humanity is concerned? I mean did God construct Salvation as if it is a survival of the fittest program? Are only certain " Good People" going to be saved. Is God " Partial" in the way he has predestined Salvation. Did Jesus come only for the Righteous? Is God willing for unbelievers to be saved? These kind of questions really intrest me about God, and I want to know what he really thinks about these things.

And what the bible says about these things, is not what others are saying.

Peace.

Old 06-14-2008, 08:33 AM

Jesus in Matthew 23:13, makes an interesting statement concerning Salvation, which I see a lot of religions acting out. He was talking about the crude belief of " Limiting Salvation", or the desire of people to actually limit who can receive Salvation. Jesus then in 23:13, " But woe to you Scribes and Pharisees, Hypocrites, because you " Shut Off the Kingdom from Men." Seems a horrible thing to do, but people actually are believing in ways to close off Salvation from others. Thinking of ways to condemn others, searching for scriptures that prove that people willnot be saved.

This whole aittitude is a " Developed way of thinking",which effects how you consider God. Certain religions really " Get Off" on this desire to " Shut off Salvation from men." They develop these limited atonement mindsets, and really loose the sight of hope that the Bible gives for those sinners who really need God, like myself. So I personally don't bother with them, because I don't like thinking like that. I don't want these aittitudes spreading into my belief, I want to think like God thinks.

In 2Pet. 3:9, it says the Lord is not slow about his promise, as some others are slow, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish but for all to come to repentance. I consider this to be the True desire of God himself, HE is not Limiting Salvation or trying to " Shut off his Kingdom " from certain people. I begin to believe this is how God really is, not like people have been saying that he is.

There really is Hope for all of humanity, and this is encouraging to me. I really didnot think that God was like " Religious Humans", but those humans will try to convince you that they represent God. Thus the number ONE fault in the beginning of comming to know God, is to allow people or religion to guide you, instead of the Word of God itself.

Peace.

Old 06-14-2008, 02:20 PM

2,214 posts, read 5,577,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
Jesus in Matthew 23:13, makes an interesting statement concerning Salvation, which I see a lot of religions acting out. He was talking about the crude belief of " Limiting Salvation", or the desire of people to actually limit who can receive Salvation. Jesus then in 23:13, " But woe to you Scribes and Pharisees, Hypocrites, because you " Shut Off the Kingdom from Men." Seems a horrible thing to do, but people actually are believing in ways to close off Salvation from others. Thinking of ways to condemn others, searching for scriptures that prove that people willnot be saved.

This whole aittitude is a " Developed way of thinking",which effects how you consider God. Certain religions really " Get Off" on this desire to " Shut off Salvation from men." They develop these limited atonement mindsets, and really loose the sight of hope that the Bible gives for those sinners who really need God, like myself. So I personally don't bother with them, because I don't like thinking like that. I don't want these aittitudes spreading into my belief, I want to think like God thinks.

In 2Pet. 3:9, it says the Lord is not slow about his promise, as some others are slow, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish but for all to come to repentance. I consider this to be the True desire of God himself, HE is not Limiting Salvation or trying to " Shut off his Kingdom " from certain people. I begin to believe this is how God really is, not like people have been saying that he is.

There really is Hope for all of humanity, and this is encouraging to me. I really didnot think that God was like " Religious Humans", but those humans will try to convince you that they represent God. Thus the number ONE fault in the beginning of comming to know God, is to allow people or religion to guide you, instead of the Word of God itself.

Peace.
I agree with this. One religion does not hold the key to salvation. It is indeed open to everyone who honors God by observing his commandments. After all, God will let himself be found by anyone who is 'earnestly seeking him'. An encouraging thought.

Old 06-14-2008, 04:22 PM

When religion is used to paint the picture of God, that picture will always be distorted. When people are the extension of God, and the only extension that we can see, that picture will be distorted. Whenever humans are involved, the picture of God will be distorted. Something human is going to water it down. The best way to begin to understand God is to remove humans from the picture. And they will always try to enter into the picture, good intentioned or not. Espically religious humans, you know the type, those who think that God can do nothing without them.

In my search for God, I find the most barriers to the entrance of the truth, to be other people. The different distortions they have picked up, they want to " Spread it on you", but they don't know they are distorted, so they are happily spreading their deception onto you. This is what the bible calls " Tradition", or the " Common religious way." You know, the way that seems right to a man, the way that most people agree with. I grew tired of that way, its endless distortions, its cunning deceptions, its limited view of God. Its traditional view of Salvation. Its obvious dislike of sinners and unbelievers, the very people who really need God.

And I began to search the bible for what Gods true desires really are.

The God of the bible is NOTHING like the humans who believe in him.

God is more Loving than humans, more Kind than humans, more Peaceful than humans are running around teaching him to be. More Patient and more Joyful than humans teach him to be. Much more Gentle than these hell fire condemnation sermons you hear believers preaching.

Look at the Fruits of the Spirit in Galations, each fruit is an actual description of Gods own characther. The beggining of understanding God, is to know that each fruit of the Spirit perfectly describes God.

Peace.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality