Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2008, 08:13 PM

23,011 posts, read 34,370,036 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwiloMike View Post
Was God unaware that Adam and Eve would sin before he created them?
Yes, He know before He created the earth that Jesus would come die on the cross for our sins.

Old 06-17-2008, 08:15 PM

1,240 posts, read 3,969,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
Just because something is OK in today's society by MTV's standards doesn't make it right with God. The the ceremonial Jewish law no longer applies, the moral law still applies today, especially when its re-affirmed in the New Testement (adultery, divorce, homosexuality).
Is genocide at God's command still OK?

Old 06-17-2008, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
Yes, He know before He created the earth that Jesus would come die on the cross for our sins.
Was it God's voluntary decision to create mankind as he did?

Old 06-17-2008, 08:18 PM

23,011 posts, read 34,370,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwiloMike View Post
Was it God's voluntary decision to create mankind as he did?
Yes

Old 06-17-2008, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom View Post
I hear this reason used everytime, animals do it, why not humans?

What are the circumstances of two male animals mating? Are there any females available?
Yes. Very available.

Quote:
As well, why compare man to animals, not a very complimentary example.
It's not done for complementary reasons but to show the "it's unnatural" crowd homosexuality is indeed quite natural.

Quote:
And it is only found in the males, you don't see two females pleasuring eachother.
Patently false. Females among animal species most definitely also pleasure each other.

Quote:
Just cuz my dog uses his tongue to clean himself, doesn't mean it's okay if i do it. Or my cat eats the kittens that die soon after birth. Not comparable in my pov.
You've never licked remains of food off your fingers? There is a limit to what is comfortable for humans to clean off themselves with their tongue but it's most certainly a task most engage in. We don't eat our young... in most of the world. Various tribes of humans around the globe sure consider it a perfectly fine practice.

Old 06-17-2008, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
Yes
That places God with all his mightiness and foreknowledge and choice of action as the ultimate bearer of responsibility: he creates us the way we are to do whatever it is that we end up doing. If he didn't want human follies he wouldn't have created us.

Old 06-17-2008, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natewood3 View Post
Aconite,

It is not really that hard to follow. Sanspeur believes, more than likely, that I am "anti-gay." Anti-gayness results in gay people being hurt and killed.
Anti-gayness also results in people being shunned, verbally mistreated, fired, denied housing, legislated against, etc.

Old 06-17-2008, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alicenavada View Post
Mankind has grown away from perfection...
When was man ever perfect?

Quote:
we are all born with traits that are contrary to nature or the way we were originally created.
Whatever traits we are born with are natural by definition: they occur in nature.

Quote:
I do not believe homosexuality occurs in the animal kingdom...animals practice sexual activity on other animals as a means of dominance-it doesnt have anything to do w/ an emotional attatchment.
Where do you see dominance in a pair of same-sex animals raising young together and being affectionate toward one another?

Old 06-17-2008, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom View Post
Its not about being alone, or loving someone, its about the sex and the lust, and the perverse nature of the act, its not natural.

godspeed,

freedom
It is perfectly natural (unless you wish to redefine what "natural" means).

Old 06-17-2008, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alicenavada View Post
I am aware of the speculation concerning homosexuality in the animal kingdom. I stand by what I said.
It's not speculation: homosexuality in the animal kingdom is documented and studied.

Quote:
Sex always involves an emotional attatchment among humans. To different degrees.
As it does among animals. To different degrees.

Quote:
For a human to have sex with no emotional attatchment is a result of conditioning, against nature.
Proof?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality