Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2008, 07:12 AM

4,469 posts, read 7,194,312 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi View Post
As I said living a gay lifestyle is a choice. Nobody argues that but many people believe that if you are gay, regardless how you live your life, that its a sin and you are going to hell. It interesting because it also says in the Bible that we should not eat pork and that its ok to have slaves.
Define, please "a gay lifestyle"? Is it anything like "the gay agenda"?

The Homosexual Agenda Revealed! Conservative Christians discover what radical homosexual activists are up to! Ex-gay Ministry: BASH Baptists Are Saving Homosexuals! Christians Proudly Hating Through Tbe Anointing of Jesus

Old 06-17-2008, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natewood3 View Post

According to my worldview, God created male and female to be in relationship and multiply the earth. Man and man cannot do that, neither can female with female. It goes against nature itself. Marriage is a picture of Christ and the church, with Christ being portrayed as the Husband of his people, and the his people being the bride of Christ. That is the ultimate meaning of marriage, according to the Bible. Thus, it not natural for a man to exchange the natural relations with a women for a man or vice versa. God says that homosexuals, like every other sinner who rejects Christ, will be punished for their sin. So there is a difference.
So by this logic, should we really be allowing the infertile, post-menopausal, or non-Christian among us to get married?

Old 06-17-2008, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natewood3 View Post
snspeur,

Can I ask you this: Are you gay?
If gay people are so different from straight ones, shouldn't you be able to tell?

Old 06-17-2008, 07:28 AM

3,491 posts, read 8,581,229 times
gay lifestlye as Christians would define itsexual activity, homosexual relations, ect)

Old 06-17-2008, 07:32 AM

33,535 posts, read 37,132,711 times
In 2005 a gay man was killed every two days in Latin America because of his sexuality. In Brazil, where the government launched a campaign against homophobia in 2004, 2,509 gay men were murdered between 1997 and 2007. Is this what you anti gay people want?

Gays have been around for as long as recorded history. Treating them with disdain and intolerance is not going to make them go away. Accept gay people as they are and grant them full human and civil rights. Allow them to live honestly and with dignity and respect. We all benefit when no one is excluded. Homosexuality is neither mental illness nor moral depravity.

Old 06-17-2008, 07:35 AM

3,124 posts, read 4,935,934 times
We like to stand at the mall in pink jump suits and buzz cuts to recruit your children

Clearly, if someone believes homosexuality to be a choice, they most likely have homosexual fantasies. Therefore, in their mind, since they made the choice not to act out those fantasies, those of us who are homosexual in orientation must be choosing it. I think they fail to realize there is a difference between fantasies and actual sexual orientation.

Old 06-17-2008, 07:45 AM

33,535 posts, read 37,132,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lior Arel View Post
We like to stand at the mall in pink jump suits and buzz cuts to recruit your children

Clearly, if someone believes homosexuality to be a choice, they most likely have homosexual fantasies. Therefore, in their mind, since they made the choice not to act out those fantasies, those of us who are homosexual in orientation must be choosing it. I think they fail to realize there is a difference between fantasies and actual sexual orientation.
Grabbed this from the web when I was researching and trying to understand why there are so many anti gay people here...I think most of the anti gays here are basing it on their religious beliefs.
"The desire to discriminate against gays and lesbians, and thus to reserve special privileges to heterosexuals, appears to have many causes. Some are:
  • Inability or unwillingness to change the information received during childhood.
  • Fear of people who are different.
  • Promotion of homophobia by a religious group.
  • A heterosexual's natural feeling of repulsion at the thought of engaging in same-sex activity. Realizing that homosexual behavior is unnatural for them, some people generalize this feeling into the belief that homosexuality is wrong for everyone.
  • Actual homosexual feelings that a person cannot acknowledge or handle.
  • Low self esteem leading to a need to hate other group(s)."

Old 06-17-2008, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi View Post
gay lifestlye as Christians would define itsexual activity, homosexual relations, ect)
Seems a bit of a misnomer, then, since "lifestyle" implies a whole lot more than who did what to whom and in which position.

Old 06-17-2008, 07:57 AM

1,167 posts, read 1,520,316 times
I don't know if you are born homosexual and I don't really care. All I know is that my friends who are gay are very happy with who they are and I am very happy for them! Regardless of someone's orientation, they should be free to live their lives without descrimination. It is no person's place to push their belief systems on someone else. I stand behind my homosexual friends and I am very proud that they call me their friend!

I think that it is phenominal that my friends can now get married in two states in the US. It's just a matter of time before they don't have to have a destination wedding in order to get married!

Old 06-17-2008, 08:49 AM

83 posts, read 318,093 times
Aconite,

I did not say that multiplying the earth was the ultimate purpose of marriage.

Why should I be able to tell if someone is gay from a few conversations on a message forum? My only point was that unless he was gay, I do not know how he can claim that gays have the same kind of feelings and love for a person of the same sex as a straight person does for a person of the opposite sex. It has absolutely nothing to do with me being able to recognize if someone is gay because gay people are different than straight people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality