Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2008, 10:30 PM

321 posts, read 679,528 times

Advertisements

Why are Christians so giddy about Jews returning to their homeland when according to the bible, it will only spell unprecedented disaster for them before a "remnant" is saved? For the Christian (in the worldview of some of them), a mass Jewish migration to Israel means Jesus is giddyaping across the universe to come and get them and whisk them away to safety, but for the Jews they would be walking into a divinely authored death trap. If I were Jewish I would move to Antarctica if the Christians are right in their interpretations.

Thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2008, 01:09 AM

5,563 posts, read 7,213,605 times
It is all part of the twisted apocalyptic interpretation of Revelation linked to Ezekiel, Daniel, Isaiah and Psalms (mainly) that infers that they will be gathered up from all the nations.

According to Christians, the Jews are awaiting their Messiah who by all accounts must be from the "line of David" and be a "Davidic King" Of course, according to Christians, this "king" will be the antichrist who somehow also appeals to Muslims and Hindus who are "also" awaiting a "messiah" It is odd that Orthodox Jews do not share this same sentiment.

The fact is when Jesus prophesied the destruction of the temple, He did not anywhere indicate it's rebuilding or restoration - we became the temples.

This s a short answer and likely you will get many spins on this, you have just started a brand new thread for Campbell (thanks a lot)

Old 12-17-2008, 01:43 AM

1,216 posts, read 2,263,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekerSA View Post
According to Christians, the Jews are awaiting their Messiah who by all accounts must be from the "line of David" and be a "Davidic King" Of course, according to Christians, this "king" will be the antichrist who somehow also appeals to Muslims and Hindus who are "also" awaiting a "messiah" It is odd that Orthodox Jews do not share this same sentiment.
muslims beliefs are close to the christians in this issue
we believe that when antichrist " al_dajall" will come , most of his followers will be from jews , the prophet (pbuh) warned us from following him .

Old 12-17-2008, 04:39 AM

2,255 posts, read 5,397,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Condemned View Post
Why are Christians so giddy about Jews returning to their homeland when according to the bible, it will only spell unprecedented disaster for them before a "remnant" is saved? For the Christian (in the worldview of some of them), a mass Jewish migration to Israel means Jesus is giddyaping across the universe to come and get them and whisk them away to safety, but for the Jews they would be walking into a divinely authored death trap. If I were Jewish I would move to Antarctica if the Christians are right in their interpretations.

Thoughts?
This modern day literal view of a physically restored Kingdom , Jerusalem and Temple fraud has been perpetuated ever since World War I with several major clergymen (8 to be exact) signing a document called the "London Manifesto" which was published in a London newspaper in 1917, the same year the British liberated Jerusalem and Isreal from the Turks of the Ottoman Empire. There seems to be several religious demnominations back then represented at the signing. Baptists, Congregationalist, Methodists, Presbyterian, Episcopalian, etc . Even various Adventist groups of the time , like the Seventh Day Adventist were looking for the literal return of Christ because of the prophecies regarding the ending of the Gentile Times. I had more info back on this in the 1970s from public libraries, but find very little of it on the Net with a few acceptions. Here's a partial quote from the manifesto from which these clergymen claimed that "the present crisis points towards the close of the times of the Gentiles" and that "the revelation of the Lord may be expected at any moment". They recognized the time of Christ's presence, but they did nothing about it. Sadly, rather than promoting God's Kingdom as the only government to benefit mankind, the clergy back then were heavily involved in promoting both sides of World war I, and this was repeated in World War II.

The problem is that there is no nation on Earth that will be spared destruction. Not one religious nation, Jewish, Christian, Islamic or otherwise will be spared. None of them pursue the counsel and command mentioned at the books of Micah & Isaiah which speaks about beating of swords into ploughshares and spears into prunning hooks and not learning war anymore. All of those false children of Abrahamic religions are bent on self-rule and bent on mutual slaughter and have no use for a kingdom of God with Jesus Christ as it's "Prince of Peace". There is no evidence that shows them otherwise. All you have to do is turn the news on and read and listen to their modern day script being played out in world events.

Micah 4:2-4 - "Young's Literal Translation"
BibleGateway.com - Passage Lookup: Micah 4:2-4;

Isaiah 2:4 - "Young's Literal Translation"
BibleGateway.com - Passage Lookup: Isaiah 2:4;

Here's a quick link of what I can find of this "London Manifesto" and the eight names of the clergymen who signed it. You can google the eight clergyman individually and find out more about their end times revelations according to their view. I have no idea who these men are or who published this, but one of the men appears to have the name Campbell

Cheers

London Manifesto - Wikibin - Where free speech matters

Old 12-17-2008, 08:31 AM

20,718 posts, read 19,360,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Condemned View Post

Thoughts?
Hi Condemned. Agreed.

Not this Christian. Ask one of these Christians that believes in this genocidal absurdity to point out one place in the entire New Testament that describes being gathered into Israel. They don't have one verse. There are lots of them that say the opposite.
They will then proceed to cite sources in the OT not taking into account that it applies to the Babylonian exile.
Ask them how in Deuteronomy 30 it explains Israel would be gathered only when they seek God with all their heart . It is abundantly clear God gathers Israel when they are faithful and scatters them when they are not. Why do they think God is gathering them into the land for judgment when the Law says the opposite?
Finally ask them how in Hebrews it describes this whole process as obsolete and what this means.

Do not expect a coherent response.

Old 12-17-2008, 08:36 AM

5,563 posts, read 7,213,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Hi Condemned. Agreed.
--snip--

You made muh day

Old 12-17-2008, 08:39 AM

3,032 posts, read 8,920,506 times
Campbell's the only Christian I've ever seen that gets such a woody over the Jews and Israel and the gates and all that babble. He'll be all over this thread like fleas on a hound dog as soon as he sees it.

Old 12-17-2008, 08:42 AM

5,160 posts, read 9,171,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuSuSushi View Post
Campbell's the only Christian I've ever seen that gets such a woody over the Jews and Israel and the gates and all that babble. He'll be all over this thread like fleas on a hound dog as soon as he sees it.
Well, when he does reply, strap yourself in before reading his answer. Otherwise you might go off on a Lewis Black number.

Old 12-17-2008, 08:49 AM

321 posts, read 679,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Hi Condemned. Agreed.

Not this Christian. Ask one of these Christians that believes in this genocidal absurdity to point out one place in the entire New Testament that describes being gathered into Israel. They don't have one verse. There are lots of them that say the opposite.
They will then proceed to cite sources in the OT not taking into account that it applies to the Babylonian exile.
Ask them how in Deuteronomy 30 it explains Israel would be gathered only when they seek God with all their heart . It is abundantly clear God gathers Israel when they are faithful and scatters them when they are not. Why do they think God is gathering them into the land for judgment when the Law says the opposite?
Finally ask them how in Hebrews it describes this whole process as obsolete and what this means.

It's one of the beauties and detriments of the Bible. "Prophecies" are sometimes rather vague and can be interpreted 20 million different ways. To make matters worse, sometimes Old Testament prophets use terms like "in the latter days" or "in the great day of the lord" and Christians reading that today assume it refers to these times we live in. One of the other problems is that some of those "prophecies" may not have come to pass in the time frame the prophets predicted so like the book of Revelation, the target dates (era) keeps moving.

I understand what you mean though.

Old 12-17-2008, 08:51 AM

3,771 posts, read 7,093,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuSuSushi View Post
LOL! I know exactly what you mean.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality