Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2008, 08:33 AM

22,913 posts, read 28,249,166 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouperStar34 View Post
When was Israel governed by one ruler?

When was Israel no longer divided in tribes?
The answer to your first question: Jesus.

The answer to your second: The Church.

Check out Paul's epistle to the Romans. He explains all this pretty well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2008, 08:46 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,967,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yydanay515 View Post
I'm still waiting for an answer to the question. Dispensationalist Christian you are filled with joy because the Jews have returned to their homeland and established the state of Israel and [some] of you support ministries that provide means for others (in places like Russia) to do so. This you feel will hasten the return of Jesus to rapture you while the world will be and plunged into a 7-year, unimaginable tribulation period, one in which Jew and unbeliever will endure unprecedented tortures, death and destruction.

Knowing this, why would a Jew care to return to Israel IF indeed you are correct with your vision of how you feel things will go down? The only people benefiting from any of this will be your special little group.
All people are invited to attend our special little group. Yet the Bible tells us the world does not want to see God return, so it should come as no surprise that are special little group will remain small. The fact is, Christians see the truth of the Bible being fulfilled, and the world oppose that truth. No one needs to endure the death and destruction that is coming, yet that is the choice the world is makeing. Don't blame God or the Christians for telling you the truth. Your own fate and the worlds depends on your own personal choices. The fact is most people do not believe the Bible, and it matters little to them if the Bible is really speaking the truth.

Old 06-22-2008, 09:05 AM

553 posts, read 567,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
All people are invited to attend our special little group. Yet the Bible tells us the world does not want to see God return, so it should come as no surprise that are special little group will remain small. The fact is, Christians see the truth of the Bible being fulfilled, and the world oppose that truth. No one needs to endure the death and destruction that is coming, yet that is the choice the world is makeing. Don't blame God or the Christians for telling you the truth. Your own fate and the worlds depends on your own personal choices. The fact is most people do not believe the Bible, and it matters little to them if the Bible is really speaking the truth.
And you're okay with the idea that God will allow 2/3 of his people (as per Zechariah 13:8-9) to be killed and apparently countless other Gentiles (as per the book of Revelation's interpretation by some Christians) while saving a "remnant?" This was the grand plan of salvation he designed before the beginning of the world where the overwhelming majority of his prized creation has and will perish (as per the theology of some Christians) and only a few will be "saved?" No offense, but my dog could have come up with a better plan.

Old 06-22-2008, 11:12 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,967,722 times
Quote:
And you're okay with the idea that God will allow 2/3 of his people (as per Zechariah 13:8-9) to be killed and apparently countless other Gentiles (as per the book of Revelation's interpretation by some Christians) while saving a "remnant?" This was the grand plan of salvation he designed before the beginning of the world where the overwhelming majority of his prized creation has and will perish (as per the theology of some Christians) and only a few will be "saved?" No offense, but my dog could have come up with a better plan.
The people who are going to be killed are not God's people. If they were, they would be with God. They are the one's who have rejected God. God did all that He could do to save them, and they have demonstrated that they love the things of this world much more than they could ever love God. Jesus tells us, His sheep hear His voice and they follow Him. People who love God will search Him and they will find Him. Most people go through their entire life and never give any thought for God. The bottom line is, God has called the world to Him. And all who call on God will be saved. The world has rejected His invitation. Don't blame God for the ignorance of the world.

Old 06-22-2008, 11:48 AM

2,017 posts, read 5,105,666 times
Quote:
Also, it might be exciting for you but your joy is death to lots of Jews if some biblical prophesy experts are accurate.
The Bible says that the Jews will eventually accept Jesus as their Messiah and hope will come to the nation.

Old 06-22-2008, 11:49 AM

1,168 posts, read 2,503,030 times
The door to salvation is open. Now is the time, today is the day - the bible tells us. Everyone has their own choice. Yes, times are getting harder and harder, people worry about global warming and crime - perilous times are here - Israel is back in it's homeland. The stage is set, like at no other time in history, for the return of Christ to the earth.

I believe in the Rapture of the church. Not the ones who just go along to church on Sunday, but the ones who have made Jesus their Saviour and Lord.

Before the flood, God took away Noah and his family. Others could have gone along - but they mocked Noah. called him a silly old fool.

Before it rained down fire on Soddom and Gommoroha - God took Lot and his family out. Others could have gone too - but no one wanted to, they were having too much fun sinning.

Before God brings on the end of the world and Armageddon - He will remove his Church.

It will hit the headlines allright! But a grand delusion will come over the world, they will think that Tom Cruise is right after all - that Aliens have abducted masses of people from the world to cleanse it. There will be excuses made - but the church will be gone - safe with the Lord - and then the end will come. God doesn't want anyone to perish. But he doesn't force us. I always think about Arnie in that film - Terminator - he stretches his arm out and says "Come with me if you want to live" Jesus is saying that to YOU.........so what are you waiting for?

Old 06-22-2008, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
That's not what I meant at all. All Christians await the return of Christ.

But there is the popular misunderstanding that the establishment of Israel in 1948 was the beginning of the End Times, that soon the Jews will rebuild the Temple, the anti-Christ will rise and make everyone have 666 on their foreheads, the Rapture, seven years of Tribulation, etc., etc., etc.

It's a brand of eschatology popularized by such books as The Late, Great Planet Earth and the Left Behind series. It represents a pretty vast misunderstanding of the Bible --- and one that was completely unheard of up until about a hundred years ago. Most of the world's Christians still don't buy into it, though it has become popular among American evangelicals.
I disagree that it's a "brand" of eschatology or that it's been popularized by recent books, such as the Left Behind series. Yes, the books were popular, but this theology has been taught for since 150 AD. Here's a quote from one of my other posts in a different thread about the history of this teaching.

Quote:
In 150 AD, the Rapture theology was preached by the Shepherd of Hermas.
In 270 AD, Victorinus, the Bishop of Pettau, a Catholic leader preached it.
In 350 AD, Ephraim the Syrian
In 400 AD, Jerome in the Latin vulgate (in the Catholic Bible)

Then there were the 1,000 years of the dark ages, and then it came back.

In 1304 AD, Reverend Dolcino proclaimed the Pre-trib Rapture.
In 1400 AD, Bible translations in the native tongues led to a new propagation of the Pre-trib Rapture.
In 1627 AD, Joseph Mede
1627 AD Increase Mather
1687 AD, Peter Jurieu
1700 AD, John Asgill
1738 AD, Philip Doddridge
1748 AD, John Gill
1763 AD, James McKnight
1744 AD, Morgan Edwards
1792 AD, Thomas Scott
And then in 1830 AD, John Darby.

The rapture theory has been preached from 150 AD onward.
I don't know anything about Israel becoming a nation being the "start" of the end times, but I do know that, biblically, it's most definitely a sign. Here are two videos from YouTube that will tell you exactly how much of a sign the Jews are to Christ return. Watch the videos. See the evidence.

1 of 20 -The Final Countdown (The Jewish People)

2 of 20 -The Final Countdown (The Jewish People)

And, if you watch the rest of the videos in this sermon series, you'll see exactly how close we are to Christ's return. It goes through all the signs of the end times and how deep we are into them. They includes lots of actual television footage showing these things coming to pass.

Old 06-22-2008, 12:02 PM

553 posts, read 567,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple Living View Post
The Bible says that the Jews will eventually accept Jesus as their Messiah and hope will come to the nation.
But only a mere "remnant." Who employs a plan that they KNOW will be a total failure?

Old 06-22-2008, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Simple living a question for you...Are you excited about the possibility of the coming rapture and end times, and if so why? From my vague understanding, it means all but saved Christians will perish am I correct?
To answer your questions:

1. Yes, I'm very excited about Christ's return / the rapture. For the Christian, it is our hope and our encouragement. The Bible tells us how wonderful it will be for those who believe, so there is nothing to fear...

2. Yes, all those who remain unbelievers will spend eternity in the lake of fire. Am I excited about that? Right now, no, I'm not. It horrifies me. That's why I'm on these message boards AT ALL! I'm not here for the discussion or any other reason. If something I say can help, at some point, turn someone towards Christ, that's what I hope for.

However, on that Day of Judgment, yes, I will be happy and glad to see God carry out His just judgments and punishments. A work will have been done in us so that we will fully understand how righteous and just His final judgment is and we will rejoice when it's carried out. That's not in a boast, or a gloating way, either. It's not the ultimate "Neener! Neener! Neener!" It will be rejoicing at God's justice and holiness.

Old 06-22-2008, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Simple living a question for you...Are you excited about the possibility of the coming rapture and end times, and if so why? From my vague understanding, it means all but saved Christians will perish am I correct?
In a different thread, you brought up the ridiculous book by Barbara Rossing called The Rapture Racket with the foolish notion that the rapture theory started in Scotland with a retarded girl in the 1830's.

I responded but haven't heard back from you, yet.

I never seem to hear back from people (not just you) when I do provide biblical facts and history on a topic. That's interesting to me. The topic just seems to die or get ignored after that.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality