Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2008, 10:18 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,623,201 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple Living View Post
A biblical Christian is not concerned with the respect or reputation we receive from people outside the faith. Those are not the things we seek after. We seek to please the Father. Period.

And yes, we are becoming a minority in these last days. The Bible warns us that we will. It warns us that we will be hated, persecuted and even put to death. Yet, we still carry on believing, regardless the price, because we know He's real. Do you think Christians would give their lives for a lie or for pretty poetry?

The hypocrisy of the world is that all faiths are supposed to be of equal merit and all are tolerated... except Christianity. (Just as the Bible predicted.)
Just can't get said any better than this. Amen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2008, 10:31 PM

553 posts, read 568,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple Living View Post
The hypocrisy of the world is that all faiths are supposed to be of equal merit and all are tolerated... except Christianity. (Just as the Bible predicted.)
Taste of their own medicine perhaps?

Old 06-23-2008, 11:59 PM

1,022 posts, read 3,344,593 times
This is where I stand:

John 14:6 "Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

I do believe many people will be judged according to their heart though. Most of the people around the world who did not have the word. I think that is mentioned in the Bible. I do not budge on that one bit, and never will. The writing is there and plain to see.

Old 06-24-2008, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_pines View Post
This is where I stand:

John 14:6 "Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

I do believe many people will be judged according to their heart though. Most of the people around the world who did not have the word. I think that is mentioned in the Bible. I do not budge on that one bit, and never will. The writing is there and plain to see.
And we're supposed to believe that, why?

Old 06-24-2008, 12:10 AM

Because he says so. I didn't write it. Everyone can believe in what they want. That's what I believe because Jesus is the ONLY son of God to me, and the only path to salvation from this world.

As I said before I think many Indians and all kinds of other people throughout history will be judged according to their heart since they did not have the word.

We're all free to find what it is we believe in. I choose Jesus, and those are his words he told to the world.

Old 06-24-2008, 12:12 AM

8,568 posts, read 16,233,536 times
Is there a salvation?
What I mean to say is; can people be saved from their own ignorance?

Quote:
Luke 11.34-36
34 Your eyes are the lamp for your body. When your eyes are good, you have all the light you need. But when your eyes are bad, everything is dark. 35 So be sure that your light isn't darkness. 36 If you have light, and nothing is dark, then light will be everywhere, as when a lamp shines brightly on you.

Old 06-24-2008, 12:15 AM

I would hope so, since no one on Earth is immune to ignorance. I know I have a lot of faults that's for sure. That's why we aren't suppose to rely on our own understanding.

Old 06-24-2008, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_pines View Post
That's what I believe because Jesus is the ONLY son of God to me, and the only path to salvation from this world.
Ok, I gotcha now.

Old 06-24-2008, 12:17 AM

8,568 posts, read 16,233,536 times
Originally Posted by the_pines
Quote:
I would hope so, since no one on Earth is immune to ignorance.
I agree.
Sadly the truly ignorant will insist that he isn't ignorant at all.

Old 06-24-2008, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yydanay515 View Post
Ok, I gotcha now.
Yup. That's my intention. To make it very clear and straight forward. I definitely don't have a bit of "well maybe there is another way, or there could be several paths through different (prophets) exct." I'll never go for that, ever. That to me is anti-christ doctrine. A delusional deception sweeping the world. I quickly get away from anyone teaching any kind of universalism, or that Jesus was only a prophet, or that there are different ways for everyone to go to heaven.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality