Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2010, 11:43 PM

30 posts, read 33,115 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DASULAR17 View Post
All three worship the Same God of Abraham. Muslims that worship Allah via the ancient pagan
"moon god" silliness have a credibility issue in spite of the fact Allah means God in arabic evidenced by
the moon symbol and idol worship dating back centruries. Christians of course believe that God
has three distinct manifestations albeit roles ie,Father Son and Holy Spirit a plurality yet ONE.
Jews worship the God of Abraham yet rejected Jesus oops (let messiah slip through their fingers)
Today those arrogant high priests would have told the nation of Israel ....our bad. Anyway,
Muslims are cursed via their mediator Mohammed (wrong guy). Catholics are cursed via Mariology
and many other mediators too numerous to list (ridiculous) yet they believe in Jesus! Jews will receive their judgement along with other
unbelievers in Tribulation where we see most of the Islamic world destroyed by God and His heavenly
army Armagedon/Gog and Magoog as they protect the now believing Israel (Jews). The demonic forces of satan are cast into the Lake of Fire. Who thunk?

wow, you are a spit bucket full of sunshine... you do know that the thread and OP asked something and you went off and stood on your little broken my little pony soup box, huh? well Muslims don't follow a 'moon' god... they follow the same god as the christians and jews... it is sad and at the same time laughable that you took the moon from a symbol and got that they followed a moon god. how about someone pop your little bubble, i think i will. there once was this guy that was said to be born of a virgin birth, started teaching at 12, healed the sick, had twelve followers and died and rose from the dead three days later... his name was Horus, son of Ra... no wait, it was Krishna, no wait it was jesus, no wait it was over 20-30 people of myth through out man kinds history...

(sorry to all others. the OP just wanted to to know if the three followed the same god and that other person who has no respect for others ticked me off... sorry if i offended anyone other then that rude person.)

here is the answer for the OP:
Yes, Jews, christians and Muslims believe in the same god, just not on the same path. Jews follow Moses's teachings, christians follow jesus, and Muslims follow Muhammad. all thought, the Muslims have great respect for Moses and Jesus. i have researched for 20 years on the god of the three, and the only on so far i can disprove is the side of christians.

Last edited by Kowlzer; 10-26-2010 at 11:52 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2010, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Ice View Post
To my knowledge both the Jews and the Muslims and by extention the Christians are all decended from Abraham. The Jews being the offspring of his wife Sarah and the Muslims the offspring of his wife Hagar. So yes they have the same God. Just different branches of the same tree if you like.

That is , of course, if you can believe the "history" of the bible. At the least it points to a common ancestry which makes sense considering they are from the same region.
Hagar was not his wife. she was given to him to lay with by Sarah, because she at the time could not give Moses a child, which brought to be Ishmael, then once Sarah was able to be with child brought to be Isaac, 13 years after Ishmeal. then once Isaac came Moses cast out of his house Ishmeal and his mother, Sarah's servent, out into the desert.

Old 10-27-2010, 01:03 AM

15,755 posts, read 7,560,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kowlzer View Post
Hagar was not his wife. she was given to him to lay with by Sarah, because she at the time could not give Moses a child, which brought to be Ishmael, then once Sarah was able to be with child brought to be Isaac, 13 years after Ishmeal. then once Isaac came Moses cast out of his house Ishmeal and his mother, Sarah's servent, out into the desert.
The story is right, but it was Abram and Sara. (later names changed to Abraham and Sarah)
I found three interpretations of the same story.

KJV Daily Bible Study - Ishmael

Islam 101 Prophet Ismael

Catholic CATHOLIC ENCYCLOPEDIA: Ismael (Ishmael)

The maid's name could be Agar, Hagar, or Hajira...

Not the same God though. We as people, many see only the physical side in the scheme of things. However, there is a spiritual side to human beings, that well, to see God, to know God is to know one's spirit.

How we came to have the Holy Bible....(the politics of it all)
Preparing the Way: The English Bible before King James

Quote:
We owe the first English translation to a faith that the Bible is a book of emancipation for the mind and for the political life.
We almost didn't have a Holy Bible.

PS: from your words
Quote:
the only on so far i can disprove is the side of christians.
I'd love to see your research. Again, you had the names of the father of Ismael wrong....what else have you got wrong?

Old 10-27-2010, 09:11 AM

"I'd love to see your research. Again, you had the names of the father of Ismael wrong....what else have you got wrong?"

names can change in the spelling through so much time, i got nothing wrong, in fact as you wrote her name. Sara is writing three ways, it's all in where you are looking. Sarah, sara, sarai. and i used Abraham due to it is the must known in the three groups that follow the same god. and yes it's the same god. it's only arrogant christians that don't want to believe that they share the same god as the Muslims.

and prove it? well i doubt this thread is the place for it, but how about for starters that Jesus's birth and life is a copy of over 20 other people of myth(as in one of my last posts). no there could have been a man named Yeshua that pissed off a small group and got killed. but not a son of any god. there are still debates about if Pilate was even there to put Yeshua/jesus to the cross. it's just neat how every holiday for jesus/Yeshua was in fact a pagan holiday time. there were many other people that had a god as a father and a human mother. they are called 'Hero', Heracles, Perseus, and Achilles. they are all the same... a Myth. i don't have time nor do i want to copy paste everything i have, and i doubt that all the christians on this thread want to see it. there is far more proof that Christianity is a fraud. it wouldn't be so big if in the mid to late 300's ad/ce when they mass murdering of those who were not christians by the first king of the Franks.up until, what was it, around the 1700's. thats how is was able to live for the people in power of it to kill off as many that did not believe or to scare them on pain of death to convert.

Old 10-27-2010, 02:03 PM

15,755 posts, read 7,560,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kowlzer View Post
"I'd love to see your research. Again, you had the names of the father of Ismael wrong....what else have you got wrong?"

names can change in the spelling through so much time, i got nothing wrong, in fact as you wrote her name. Sara is writing three ways, it's all in where you are looking. Sarah, sara, sarai. and i used Abraham due to it is the must known in the three groups that follow the same god. and yes it's the same god. it's only arrogant christians that don't want to believe that they share the same god as the Muslims.

and prove it? well i doubt this thread is the place for it, but how about for starters that Jesus's birth and life is a copy of over 20 other people of myth(as in one of my last posts). no there could have been a man named Yeshua that pissed off a small group and got killed. but not a son of any god. there are still debates about if Pilate was even there to put Yeshua/jesus to the cross. it's just neat how every holiday for jesus/Yeshua was in fact a pagan holiday time. there were many other people that had a god as a father and a human mother. they are called 'Hero', Heracles, Perseus, and Achilles. they are all the same... a Myth. i don't have time nor do i want to copy paste everything i have, and i doubt that all the christians on this thread want to see it. there is far more proof that Christianity is a fraud. it wouldn't be so big if in the mid to late 300's ad/ce when they mass murdering of those who were not christians by the first king of the Franks.up until, what was it, around the 1700's. thats how is was able to live for the people in power of it to kill off as many that did not believe or to scare them on pain of death to convert.
nuff said,

Old 10-12-2013, 03:55 PM

241 posts, read 245,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb in VA View Post
No, they are not the same God. Jews and Christians worship the same God, but the Jewish people do not recognize Jesus as the son of God. The muslim god is not the same God that Christians worship. If you do a quick google search you'll see that what Christians believe about God is very different from what muslims believe about Allah.
Jews, Christians and Muslims all trace their faiths back to a fellow named Abraham, whom they all claim was chosen for special treatment by the Almighty.

Old 10-12-2013, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elwill View Post
muslims believes that they worship the same God of jesus and mosas and abraham (peace be upon them all)

i don't know why christians always insist that we don't worship the same God , are they have any clues ?
because i will like to argue about that

the trinity in christianity is God the father and the son and the holy spirit
muslims worship God the father only , but christians insist that all of them one God
so , if we (muslims) believe in one of them , it mean that we worship the same God
I was trying to make that very point ealier...you said it better than me!

Old 10-12-2013, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
Originally Posted by elwill That the Jews and the Christians have their own prophets.
What all 3 have in common is the Old Testament.

This is what I meant.
The Jews had God's story the 1st, then came the Christians and the Islam came last.

Originally Posted by brittZA Jew and a Christian believe as much in God as a Muslim.
The problem is that the Jews and Christians do not acknowledge Muhammad as the Arab's prophet.
Then again the Christians have persecuted the Jews and the Islam several times, simply because they do not accept Jesus as God.
And the Jews were so innocent, right?
Christians persecuted the Jews cause you guys put in your talmund that Jesus is in hell rolling around in dodo.

Old 10-12-2013, 08:04 PM

5,190 posts, read 5,322,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb in VA View Post
No, they are not the same God. Jews and Christians worship the same God, but the Jewish people do not recognize Jesus as the son of God. The muslim god is not the same God that Christians worship. If you do a quick google search you'll see that what Christians believe about God is very different from what muslims believe about Allah.
You could not be more incorrect. The Muslim god is based expressly on the Jewish god. The God of Abraham. The God of the Old Testament. Yahweh.

Judaism, Christianity and Islam are called the Three Abrahamic Religions for this reason,. They share creation myths and several early books of the Hebrew Bible.

Without Judaism, neither Christianity nor Islam would exist.

Also, "Allah" is not a separate name for "God." Like "god", "allah" is just a generic term. It is Arabic for "god."

In Arab countries, Christians pray to "allah." It's not a name; it's a term, or description.

And yes, Muslims have markedly different views about god than do Christians and Jews just as Christians have markedly different views about god than do Jews and Muslims.

But Catholics, Mormons, Baptists, Lutherans, etc. all have differing views of god, yet all are Christian denominations.

Old 10-12-2013, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffis View Post
You could not be more incorrect. The Muslim god is based expressly on the Jewish god. The God of Abraham. The God of the Old Testament. Yahweh.

Judaism, Christianity and Islam are called the Three Abrahamic Religions for this reason,. They share creation myths and several early books of the Hebrew Bible.

Without Judaism, neither Christianity nor Islam would exist.

Also, "Allah" is not a separate name for "God." Like "god", "allah" is just a generic term. It is Arabic for "god."

In Arab countries, Christians pray to "allah." It's not a name; it's a term, or description.

And yes, Muslims have markedly different views about god than do Christians and Jews just as Christians have markedly different views about god than do Jews and Muslims.

But Catholics, Mormons, Baptists, Lutherans, etc. all have differing views of god, yet all are Christian denominations.
two thumbs up!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality