Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2008, 03:05 AM

1 posts, read 2,696 times

Advertisements

I found a really interesting question that I thought would benefit this community. It is a research poll conducted by Dr. Cliff Pickover who is asking: "If Jesus had wanted his Message to spread in an undistorted fashion, why did he not write down his message?"

Take a look, the responses are quite surprising: [url=http://www.pollsb.com/polls/poll/2030667/if-jesus-had-wanted-his-message-to-spread-in-an-undistorted-fashion-why-did-he-not-write-down-his-message]Poll: If Jesus had wanted his message to spread in an undistorted fashion, why did he not write down his message? - polls survey[/url]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2008, 03:11 AM

8,568 posts, read 16,233,536 times
Because Jesus taught through experience and not through mere theory?
Besidez I had always imagined him as a man of action instead of an academic intellectual.

Old 07-03-2008, 05:29 AM

2,630 posts, read 4,940,223 times
I'd say he was illiterate or never existed.

Old 07-03-2008, 05:49 AM

1,216 posts, read 2,264,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coosjoaquin View Post
muslims believe that there are a book revealed to jesus himself from his God called Injeel
beside we believe that jesus (pbuh) is a prophet whom sent just for his people in his time , so that it wasn't necessery to reserve the Injeel
and it's the same reason why holy book of islam is reserved untill this time , because we believe that he is last prophet whom sent for all the world

Old 07-03-2008, 06:59 AM

1,113 posts, read 1,815,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coosjoaquin View Post
I'll go with the illiterate guess. How many carpenters needed to know how to write beyond "40 cubits by 80 cubits"?

Old 07-03-2008, 07:52 AM

2,957 posts, read 7,384,603 times
Why should any of the big-time prophets bother to write?
All they have to do is perform miracles and/or spout off about how much they understand -- then people fall in line to write stuff down for them.

Old 07-03-2008, 08:21 AM

2,595 posts, read 4,440,088 times
Jesus may have written a book, if it exists then we do not have access to it.

It is written that when Jesus was twelve he was found in the temple with the Rabbi's both asking and answering questions.

Jesus was literate, because it said on the sabath that he read from the scroll of Isaiah and after reading. Said "today these scriptures that have been read have been fullfilled".

It is also written when John was talking to the pharasees he said "there is one AMONG you whose shoelatchet I am not worthy to unloosen. He was refering to Jesus. So Jesus was not only a Rabbi a tittle which he is refered too, but he was a Pharasee. This means that he was educated in the writtings of the law and the prophets. Jesus however separated himself from the doctrine of both the Sadduces and the Pharasees. The two group when they came and spake with him refered to him as Master. If he was uneducated or illiterate they would not refer to him in this manner.

If there was a Book written by Jesus in the hands of the Pharasees. After the crucifiction, this book would have been destroyed or hidden. Maybe if it does exist, it will come to light in the future. How exciting that would be!

Old 07-03-2008, 08:31 AM

3,978 posts, read 8,550,032 times
I would think that Jesus was too busy going about doing His Father's business to be sitting around writing an extensive book. And even if there were books which were said to be His, they would no more be believed than those that were inspired. Even though He came back from the dead, there are relatively few that really believe all that is recorded about Him.
I hope this is not just another way to stir up negative remarks about Him !

Old 07-03-2008, 08:38 AM

2,957 posts, read 7,384,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marianinark View Post
And even if there were books which were said to be His, they would no more be believed than those that were inspired.
Very true. I wouldn't believe that it was true just because Jesus wrote it. Joseph Smith wrote a few things - and that doesn't make Mormonism any more credible to me than if he had not.

Old 07-03-2008, 09:02 AM

3,517 posts, read 13,261,663 times
Jesus never wrote anything because he never existed. If his "apostles" wrote down what he spouted off as claimed, then we would have documents dating from the 1st century - but we don't. The gospels date from the late 2nd century and later. The timing just doesn't fit the story line.

And even if he did write it all down, it still doesn't lend any credence to the story - lots of religious people write stuff down that they made up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality