U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-11-2009, 04:05 PM

1 posts, read 722 times
Default There is only one God

You challenge us to find something wrong or a mistake in your book.

We were not placed on this earth to judge or point fingers but to share the truth about Our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ the son of God i cannot and wont make you believe anything that i say but i am sharing it with you not to challenge you but to minister to you. Furthermore, the Example you make about a Country having 3 Presidents is irelevent to the Trinity We believe in God the Father God the son ant the Holy Spirit, the trinity is not human yet the president of a country or three at that are. God is perfect in all his ways and we as humans are not. Would we believe in God if we were all perfect? I think not.
He did not create to be perfect but to praise and glorify him. He is why you and I are here, and why the Birds sing and the trees move.
He my God is the Way The Truth and The life!
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2009, 05:32 PM

4,349 posts, read 4,245,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by a slave of Allah View Post
Muslims and christians believe that only the true believer will be safe in the day of Judgement, yes? not the bad people or those who lie.

We almost believe the same, but we differ about Jesus PBUH.

The Truth at the end is with one of us, not all of us.

x took your money, you call the police, x said: this is my money and this is the truth for me.
you said: this is my money, this is the truth.
the police said: you should not say: this is the truth.
say: this is the truth in my point of view, bcause x has another truth, too?
both of you has the truth, so share the money between both of you.

God The All knowing The All Wise said:
71. And if the truth had been in accordance with their desires, verily, the heavens and the earth, and whosoever is therein would have been corrupted! Nay, We have brought them their reminder, but they turn away from their reminder.

We will see in the last day, who has the truth.

Allah glory be to Him The Merciful will not punish you if want the truth, but you did not get it, but if you want to lie then listen:
60. And what think those who invent lies against Allāh, on the Day of Resurrection? [i.e. Do they think that they will be forgiven and excused! Nay, they will have an eternal punishment in the Fire of Hell]. Truly, Allāh is full of Bounty to mankind, but most of them are ungrateful.

God knows what is in your heart.
the one who want the truth will searsh for it and he will be happy when it comes to him, yes? because he want it.

can you imagine 3 president of one country at the same time?
it will be a disaster, yes.

How can someone claim that this big universe has 3 Lords and then claim again that they are one?

Allah The Lord of the worlds said:
22. Had there been therein (in the heavens and the earth) gods besides Allāh, then verily both would have been ruined. Glorified be Allāh, the Lord of the Throne, (High is He) above what they attribute to Him!

Now regarding Jesus PBUH:

God The Holy said:
16. And mention in the Book (the Qur'ān, O Muhammad PBUH , the story of) Maryam (Mary), when she withdrew in seclusion from her family to a place facing east.

17. She placed a screen (to screen herself) from them; then We sent to her Our Ruh [angel Jibrael (Gabriel)], and he appeared before her in the form of a man in all respects.

18. She said: "Verily! I seek refuge with the Most Beneficent (Allāh) from you, if you do fear Allāh."

19. (The angel) said: "I am only a Messenger from your Lord, (to announce) to you the gift of a righteous son."

20. She said: "How can I have a son, when no man has touched me, nor am I unchaste?"

21. He said: "So (it will be), your Lord said: 'That is easy for Me (Allāh): And (We wish) to appoint him as a sign to mankind and a mercy from Us (Allāh), and it is a matter (already) decreed, (by Allāh).' "

22. So she conceived him[], and she withdrew with him to a far place (i.e. Bethlehem valley about 4-6 miles from Jerusalem).

23. And the pains of childbirth drove her to the trunk of a date-palm. She said: "Would that I had died before this, and had been forgotten and out of sight!"

24. Then [the babe 'Iesa (Jesus) or Jibrael (Gabriel)] cried unto her from below her, saying: "Grieve not! Your Lord has provided a water stream under you;

25. "And shake the trunk of date-palm towards you, it will let fall fresh ripe-dates upon you."

26. "So eat and drink and be glad, and if you see any human being, say: 'Verily! I have vowed a fast unto the Most Beneficent (Allāh) so I shall not speak to any human being this day.'"

27. Then she brought him (the baby) to her people, carrying him. They said: "O Mary! Indeed you have brought a thing Fariya (an unheard mighty thing).

28. "O sister (i.e. the like) of Hārūn (Aaron) [not the brother of Mūsa (Moses), but he was another pious man at the time of Maryam (Mary)]! Your father was not a man who used to commit adultery, nor your mother was an unchaste woman."

29. Then she pointed to him. They said: "How can we talk to one who is a child in the cradle?[]"

30. "He ['Iesa (Jesus)] said: Verily! I am a slave of Allāh, He has given me the Scripture and made me a Prophet;[]"

31. "And He has made me blessed wheresoever I be, and has enjoined on me Salāt (prayer), and Zakāt, as long as I live."

32. "And dutiful to my mother, and made me not arrogant, unblest.

33. "And Salām (peace) be upon me the day I was born, and the day I die, and the day I shall be raised alive!"

34. Such is 'Iesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary). (it is) a statement of truth, about which they doubt (or dispute).

35. It befits not (the Majesty of) Allāh that He should beget a son [this refers to the slander of Christians against Allāh, by saying that 'Iesa (Jesus) is the son of Allāh]. Glorified (and Exalted be He above all that they associate with Him). When He decrees a thing, He only says to it, "Be!" and it is[].

36. ['Iesa (Jesus) said]: "And verily Allāh is my Lord and your Lord. So worship Him (Alone). That is the Straight Path. (Allāh's Religion of Islāmic Monotheism which He did ordain for all of His Prophets)." [Tafsir At-Tabarī]

37. Then the sects differed [i.e. the Christians about 'Iesa (Jesus) <><>], so woe unto the disbelievers [those who gave false witness by saying that 'Iesa (Jesus) is the son of Allāh] from the meeting of a great Day (i.e. the Day of Resurrection, when they will be thrown in the blazing Fire)[].

38. How clearly will they (polytheists and disbelievers in the Oneness of Allāh) see and hear, the Day when they will appear before Us! But the Zalimūn (polytheists and wrong-doers) today are in plain error.

39. And warn them (O Muhammad PBUH) of the Day of grief and regrets, when the case has been decided, while (now) they are in a state of carelessness, and they believe not[].
I see you did not include what I see as the true answer. The Atheists have it right. The rest of you are wasting your time, energy, and lives on myths and lies. Worst yet is you are wasting our lives about 200,000,000 to date on your foolishness.

Old 06-11-2009, 06:34 PM

7,089 posts, read 7,815,217 times
Beliefs are not the same things as facts. Most beliefs don't even come close, depending on the belief of course. If you say, "I believe I'll make a pot of coffee" this may indeed turn out to be fact. If you say I believe in god, there is no rational way to prove if this belief is fact or not, but, the only fact may be that "You believe in God" god does not have to exist for this statement to be true. A whole lot of people believe things that just ain't so, most of the time it does no harm. Problems arise when someone believes that everyone should believe just like they do. Kinda sounds like a couple of christers who post here, doesn't it? I do believe that what you believe is none of my d_mn business and I really wish some others felt the same.

Old 06-11-2009, 10:25 PM

1,554 posts, read 761,871 times
The most accurate belief is:
1- To believe in God alone: the Eternal: without associate or peer or equal or son or daughter or parents. Do not take patrons (prophets, saints, imams or sages) other than God alone as the Patron.

2- To believe in all the apostles of God including Moses, Jesus and Mohammed (and have all the blessing)

3- To believe in all the books revealed from God: the Torah, the Gospel and the Quran (and have all the wisdom)

4- To believe in the next spiritual afterlife, and work for this everlasting future life of man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality