Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 10:35 PM

3,412 posts, read 10,144,441 times

Advertisements

Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. (John 14:6)

Who/What did people believe and how did they get to heaven B.C.??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2008, 11:07 PM

3,306 posts, read 4,135,439 times
Perhaps the flying spaghetti monster?

Old 07-09-2008, 11:26 PM

2,630 posts, read 4,930,155 times
well either they all went to hell or I dunno, they sacrificed goats maybe?

Old 07-10-2008, 12:17 AM

1,130 posts, read 2,233,156 times
They worshiped God and covered their sin with blood sacrifices.

Old 07-10-2008, 12:23 AM

1,248 posts, read 1,252,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShepsMom View Post
Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. (John 14:6)

Who/What did people believe and how did they get to heaven B.C.??
I'd be happy to give you my explanation. That verse has two distinct meanings.
1. This saying was to cause the Jews to condemn Jesus as a blasphemer and to offer Him up in sacrifice.
2. Also to show that Jesus as God is the only righteous one capable of saving humanity.

The first must be complied with so that the second could take place.

Now, as for the souls before Christ, they were held captive until such time that Jesus appeared to them and were liberated.

That is the beauty of the coming of Jesus, in that God saves His own creation.

Peace>>>AJ

Old 07-10-2008, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by look3467 View Post

Now, as for the souls before Christ, they were held captive until such time that Jesus appeared to them and were liberated.

That is the beauty of the coming of Jesus, in that God saves His own creation.

Peace>>>AJ

What would happen if Jesus never showed up?

If God knew ahead of time that he will send JC to save everyone, doesn't it mean that the whole thing was a set up in the first place??

Old 07-10-2008, 07:07 AM

4,348 posts, read 7,336,197 times
Seeing there is more proof that Jesus did not exist than there is that he did; I think you can look at all recorded history and see life before your Christ.
This conclusion opens a new can of worms, in that without your fictional Jesus the whole base for Christian religion will fall apart, and 2000 years of fraud will be exposed.

Old 07-10-2008, 07:20 AM

3,978 posts, read 8,522,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShepsMom View Post
What would happen if Jesus never showed up?

If God knew ahead of time that he will send JC to save everyone, doesn't it mean that the whole thing was a set up in the first place??
The sending of the Son of God was known from very early in the beginning of mankind.
Most of we Christians have no problem with that. I am sorry that you apparently do.
If you wish to call it a "set up" you can take that up with God. I rather doubt that He needs you to question why He planned things. I really think His wisdom is much higher than yours.

Old 07-10-2008, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marianinark View Post
The sending of the Son of God was known from very early in the beginning of mankind.
Most of we Christians have no problem with that. I am sorry that you apparently do.
If you wish to call it a "set up" you can take that up with God. I rather doubt that He needs you to question why He planned things. I really think His wisdom is much higher than yours.
Due all the respect, i would never compaire my wisdom to something that doesn't exist.
You gave no explanation to my question, what you do is trying to have an excuse for JC/God existance. While i might or might not believe in JS as a historical and real person, i don't buy that he's the only way to god. If he's the only way, then i'm back to my original question. Can you answer that?

Old 07-10-2008, 08:33 AM

23,000 posts, read 34,281,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefer View Post
They worshiped God and covered their sin with blood sacrifices.
This is correct, the Priest would go into the Holy of Holies and sacrifice with blood of a animal, because according to the Bible, there can be no forgiveness of sin without the shedding of blood (Hebrews (:22). This had to be done over and over, Jesus died once, for all, His blood is has been shed for us so we may now live. I believe He is the ONLY way, because I believe the Bible and that is what Jesus said.
Hebrews 9:12 "Once for all time He took blood into that most holy place, not the blood of goats and calves. He took His own blood, and with it He secured our salvation forever".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality