Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2008, 04:05 PM

2,630 posts, read 4,940,223 times

Advertisements

I don't recall the last time but on average I'd say its about 2 times a year and never because I'm interested in what the father has to say
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2008, 06:44 PM

7,996 posts, read 12,275,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawgpz550 View Post

When was the last time you went to church?

Kawg!

Where the heck have you been? (I edited that sentence appropriately, given the fact that this is the Religion/Philosophy forum!) We've missed ya. Alot's gone on. June and Montana got married, adopted Troop, and Blue was my maid of honor. We baked our own wedding cake. So sorry you missed all the merriment!

As to your OP: When was the last time June went to church?

Answer:

Old 07-10-2008, 07:31 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,509,987 times
KAWG!!!!!~~HUGS~~Last time I went to church was in May for my grandsons wedding God bless him and his wife..I am getting a brand new great grandbaby boy in November

Old 07-10-2008, 08:46 PM

23,016 posts, read 34,383,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
Kawg!

Where the heck have you been? (I edited that sentence appropriately, given the fact that this is the Religion/Philosophy forum!) We've missed ya. Alot's gone on. June and Montana got married, adopted Troop, and Blue was my maid of honor. We baked our own wedding cake. So sorry you missed all the merriment!

As to your OP: When was the last time June went to church?

Answer:
And I made coon dumplings for the reception!

Blue I hope your great grandbaby is born on my birthday

Old 07-10-2008, 08:53 PM

7,996 posts, read 12,275,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post

And I made coon dumplings for the reception!

Darn right, she did! That's because coon's not just for Southerner's anymore!

Old 07-10-2008, 09:08 PM

1,513 posts, read 3,388,203 times
OK, I'll come out of hiding for KAWG Sweetie! Good thing I saw this from the main board!

Hi there old pal! Please do give us updates. You've been missed!!!

As for church? About 4 hours ago! Went to check on VBS.

Old 07-11-2008, 03:32 AM

2,800 posts, read 10,009,096 times
Wow! It's great to see everyone!

Things are crazy around here as usual. My dad just finished his last radiation treatment on Monday. We're hoping he can now heal, gain A LOT of weight (he is now 5'11 and weighs 135 pounds), and get back on his feet. He has been off work now for about 3 months, this time, and he's chomping the bit to go back. We just have to wait and see.

We just got back earlier tonight (yeah, having a bit of insomnia right now and have to be to work in a few hours ) from Lake Havasu City, AZ (about an hour away from us). Our 13 year old's All Star baseball team just won their district's championship! It was pretty awesome! So, now, next week they will be traveling to Flagstaff, AZ (about 3 hours away) for a week to play for the State Championship! They're a great team! I don't know if they'll actually manage to pull that one off, but we're hopeful!

To all you "old timers" that responded, it is really great to see you all again (you know who you are!). I was really kind of surprised to see so many of you still here!
I'm sorry I don't have time to reply to each and everyone of you, but please know I have read all of your replies and you are all in my heart! Blue62, June, Alpha, Blueberry, GCS, MG, ILNC, Aiangel <<<<<<HUGS>>>>>>

To all of the ones I don't know...It's good to meet you!

For church related: I was there the last two Sundays and my husband actually taught the adult Sunday School both times. The Asst. Pastor is out of the country () and my husband helped out. Not too bad for his first 2 times behind the pulpit. lol

Again, it is great to see you all. I will be back on tomorrow to check in!

<<<<LOVE>>>> <<<<HUGS>>>>

Old 07-11-2008, 06:04 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,509,987 times
Kawg..Wonderful, wonderful news about your dad! I will pass on that info to some of the gang that don't come here anymore..I will keep on praying for him..What determination he is blessed with..Sounds like there just may be a professional ball player in the family some day..Now about your hubby's church serving..Maybe he can ask for a love offering to give the asst. pastor a little extra time out of the country

Old 07-11-2008, 08:31 AM

22,178 posts, read 19,221,727 times
this morning out on my deck i prayed at sunrise
beauty of nature is best church i know

Old 07-11-2008, 08:59 AM

1,250 posts, read 3,501,599 times
Kawg!!! It's good to hear from you and to know that your dad is recovering! We've been wondering how your family was doing. Congrats also on your son's baseball team. That must be exciting.

As for the church question...I'm at church right now helping my hubby prepare for Sunday. Can't you tell I'm working hard?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality