U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2008, 12:16 PM

10,494 posts, read 10,067,507 times

Advertisements

As a non-Christian and a nonbeliever that the Bible is the Word of the Christian God, how is it that my soul was going to go to Hell, if I don't believe in either the Christian Hell or Heaven? Explain to me about something that I do not believe in.

Last edited by ptsum; 07-21-2008 at 12:50 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2008, 12:31 PM

3,758 posts, read 7,524,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
As a non-Christian and a nonbeliever that the Bible is the Word of the Christian God, how is it that my soul was going to go to Hell, if I don't believe in either the Christian Hell or Heaven? Explain to me about something that I do not believe in.
Not to veer from your question, but could you please tell me first what you think will happen, if anything, when you die?

Old 07-21-2008, 12:38 PM

21,416 posts, read 29,529,737 times
Quote:
As a Christian I believe this what the Bible teaches, all who reject Jesus as Savior will spend eternity in hell. Would you like scriptures on this?

Old 07-21-2008, 12:48 PM

7,780 posts, read 13,243,602 times
Quote:
We believe our sins cause us to owe a debt we can not pay.

Whether I believe something or not has no bearing whatsoever on whether it exists or not.

Old 07-21-2008, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG77 View Post
Not to veer from your question, but could you please tell me first what you think will happen, if anything, when you die?
Let me explain, I am Native American and in our culture we do not believe in heaven or hell as the Christian Bible speaks of. We do not believe in death, we believe that there is a changing of world's, that our spirits go from this world to the next world when our time has ended on this one.

Last edited by ptsum; 07-21-2008 at 12:59 PM..

Old 07-21-2008, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
As a Christian I believe this what the Bible teaches, all who reject Jesus as Savior will spend eternity in hell. Would you like scriptures on this?
ILNC, I do not want to be disrespectful to you but you are a Christian and this is your belief and I do believe that the concept of heaven and hell is a Christian belief and not that of other cultures, so how is it that those who do not believe the way you do and do not accept your Jesus as their savior is going to go to some place that they do not believe in and is not of their culture.

Old 07-21-2008, 12:58 PM

3,162 posts, read 10,294,821 times
Quote:
Let me explain, I am Native American and in our culture we do not believe in heaven or hell as the Christian Bible speaks of. We do not believe in death, we believe that there is a changing world's, that our spirits go from this world to the next world when our time has ended on this one.
I believe exactly the same thing that you do my friend, the soul is inmortal and nothing can destroy or harm her, when our time in this world expires we go to other planes according to our karma (the fruit of our good or bad actions) if we still have unsolved karma in this plane we will eventually reincarnate until this karma is finally vanished.

Suffering is what would be best equated as hell, although for people who accumulated a lot of bad karma, they can end up in darker regions in the astral plane, but it is temporary.

We believe in Christ though, and Buddha, and all the enlightened ones who incarnated on this earth to give mankind a message of love, peace, harmony, forgiveness, and compassion, which is the true way to attain unity with our creator.

In our religion suffering is caused by 5 hindrances which are

the darkness of unwisdom, self-assertion, lust hate and attachment.

it doesn't matter what world you are in, if your soul hasn't gotten rid of those hindrances you will continue reincarnating on this physical plane because of those desires and attachments, until you work them out and can reside in the higher planes or worlds, but the final goal is to attain total unity with the creator.

Union, spiritual consciousness, is gained through control of the versatile psychic nature.

The right use of the will is the steady, effort to stand in spiritual being.

This becomes a firm resting-place, when followed long, persistently, with earnestness.

Ceasing from self-indulgence is conscious mastery over the thirst for sensuous pleasure here or hereafter.

Spiritual consciousness is nearest to those of keen, intense will, devotion and spiritual ardor.

Last edited by Travelling fella; 07-21-2008 at 01:10 PM..

Old 07-21-2008, 01:01 PM

7,780 posts, read 13,243,602 times
Quote:
ILNC, I do not want to be disrespectful to you but you are a Christian and this is your belief and I do believe that the concept of heaven and hell is a Christian belief and not that of other cultures, so how is it that those who do not believe the way you do and do not accept your Jesus as their savior is going to go to some place that they do not believe in and is not of their culture.
I hope ILNC doesn't mind me stepping in here, but I can 'not believe' in prison all I want to but it won't change the fact that if I'm guilty of a crime I will still go there. Even in the face of my unbelief of where I am being sent.

Old 07-21-2008, 01:04 PM

3,758 posts, read 7,524,512 times
Quote:
Let me explain, I am Native American and in our culture we do not believe in heaven or hell as the Christian Bible speaks of. We do not believe in death, we believe that there is a changing of world's, that our spirits go from this world to the next world when our time has ended on this one.
But you do know about Jesus Christ and his message?

Old 07-21-2008, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post
I hope ILNC doesn't mind me stepping in here, but I can 'not believe' in prison all I want to but it won't change the fact that if I'm guilty of a crime I will still go there. Even in the face of my unbelief of where I am being sent.
Alpha, no disrespect in your belief but I have committed no crime within my culture and I realize this may be hard for you to understand but the only prison that I am in is the physical body that my spirit is in and the only crime would be for me not to obtain the knowledge and harmony and peace for me to carry over into the next world. You see in my culture true knowledge is what sets your spirit free and enables you to obtain spiritual heights.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality