Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2009, 08:42 AM

414 posts, read 776,986 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
There are historical accounts of children under demonic influnce. To suggest this is not the case, will require you to ignore the facts. Again, demons are not the cause of (ALL) sickness. I dont know were people come up with that belief. They are the cause of some sickness, but this is rare.

You are referring to interpretations of "experts" throughout history. Today's expertise is prone to dismiss such "accounts" altogether, suppress a better interpretation and hence understanding with market compatible medication .....

Deep thinkers, where art thou?

Old 01-01-2009, 11:38 AM

7,685 posts, read 13,141,847 times
Default The only demon is a weak mind!

Quote:
There are historical accounts of children under demonic influnce. To suggest this is not the case, will require you to ignore the facts. Again, demons are not the cause of (ALL) sickness. I dont know were people come up with that belief. They are the cause of some sickness, but this is rare.
When you say "Historical Accounts", by which part of the history are you refering too? If by this your saying, in the days of the Bible or the dark ages, then I question the truth in it. I quess its because I'm one of those type of people that when it comes to demons, I'm a see it to believe it type. The human brain/mind is a vast space that is yet to be completely explored and understood, truly the last frontier.

I think the biggest reason I don't believe in the demon thing is because my Mother lived with a brain tumor for 38 years. And it wasn't a preacher praying to God to take it out "Poof its gone". But, by the hands of two skilled surgeons that helped her, the same two sergeons that God gave the wonderful gift of healing to. She lived with the remaining part of the tumor unitl her passing two years ago, and during that time she was marked as making medical history for the size of the tumor. My Mother had a strangth and fighting spirit in her that can't be and never will be touch by most humans. To include myself.

So, I'm sorry if I sound a little pessimistic on the matter of "the devil did it" thing. But seeing my own Mother live through something that would have killed the average person, I guess I have the right to be this way. IMHO, I simply feel that to blame your problems on something that just does not exist is a weak way of saying, "I don't understand, so I'll blame it on demons". The properties of a weak mind, if I may.

disclaimer:
This statement in not directed at any person or group, its just my belief.

Old 01-01-2009, 11:39 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,413,299 times
also used to "expalin" misspellings, but that is easy to cast out.

Old 01-01-2009, 07:52 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,970,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lwowl View Post
You are referring to interpretations of "experts" throughout history. Today's expertise is prone to dismiss such "accounts" altogether, suppress a better interpretation and hence understanding with market compatible medication .....

Deep thinkers, where art thou?
And does that medication keep the person who is being affected from levitating over their bed? LOL. What does todays Deep thinkers have to say about that? LOL

Old 01-01-2009, 09:17 PM

33,536 posts, read 37,136,097 times
Levitating over your bed? Only Chris Angel can do that, and it is just an illusion. Some people would like to believe they are possessed by demons rather than admit that they have a mental illness.

Old 01-01-2009, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeabeeBolt View Post

When you say "Historical Accounts", by which part of the history are you refering too? If by this your saying, in the days of the Bible or the dark ages, then I question the truth in it. I quess its because I'm one of those type of people that when it comes to demons, I'm a see it to believe it type. The human brain/mind is a vast space that is yet to be completely explored and understood, truly the last frontier.

I think the biggest reason I don't believe in the demon thing is because my Mother lived with a brain tumor for 38 years. And it wasn't a preacher praying to God to take it out "Poof its gone". But, by the hands of two skilled surgeons that helped her, the same two sergeons that God gave the wonderful gift of healing to. She lived with the remaining part of the tumor unitl her passing two years ago, and during that time she was marked as making medical history for the size of the tumor. My Mother had a strangth and fighting spirit in her that can't be and never will be touch by most humans. To include myself.

So, I'm sorry if I sound a little pessimistic on the matter of "the devil did it" thing. But seeing my own Mother live through something that would have killed the average person, I guess I have the right to be this way. IMHO, I simply feel that to blame your problems on something that just does not exist is a weak way of saying, "I don't understand, so I'll blame it on demons". The properties of a weak mind, if I may.

disclaimer:
This statement in not directed at any person or group, its just my belief.
A brain tumor is just that, and it would require a surgeons attention. I myself had encounters long ago with the demonic, and it took prayer and a group of Christians in my case to remove that activity from me. Yet there are other accounts of demonic activity that have been recorded in recent times. When all of this happened to me, it really caught me by surprise. I had heard about such things in the Bible, yet such a thing is never often really though of. At least not until it happens to you. It was after that event in my life, when I really got to understand that the Bible is not just a Book of fables, but of actual events. And demons are not a thing of fiction, but fact. Even to this day it is sometimes hard for me to believe that really happened. Yet I know it did.
I still have the tapes of the deliverence I had to go through, and sometimes I still listen to them. That event in my life took place 35 years ago.

Old 01-02-2009, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Levitating over your bed? Only Chris Angel can do that, and it is just an illusion. Some people would like to believe they are possessed by demons rather than admit that they have a mental illness.
I'm sorry sanspeur, but there are cases on file that show that such events have happened, and it has nothing to do with Chris Angels illusions.

Old 01-02-2009, 07:05 AM

970 posts, read 1,700,043 times
Quote:
I'm sorry sanspeur, but there are cases on file that show that such events have happened, and it has nothing to do with Chris Angels illusions.
Evidence? Links? Peer-reviewed papers?

Old 01-02-2009, 08:43 AM

3,032 posts, read 8,920,506 times
Quote:
SuSuSushi, I delt with this problem for 6 months, the events of this time defied logic. And one encounter with a group of Christians in a home in Crete Il. back in 1973 ended it. I'm not the one that is blind here.
No you didn't. You said you didn't seek medical help, so you didn't deal with it at all. Not only are you apparently blind to reality, but you also appear to be deaf to logic. But whatever, believe in your fantasy demons if you wish. Just don't expect us to really give a lot of validity to what you say really happened.

Personally, it sounds to me like you had an isolated psychotic episode, or perhaps brief psychotic disorder. *shrug*

Old 01-02-2009, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxolan View Post
Evidence? Links? Peer-reviewed papers?
You might consider the link below, there are a number of such accounts.

Levitation
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality