Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2008, 08:04 AM

2,255 posts, read 5,389,809 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Do you ever consider what the Bible actually states. God tells us in the Bible that God is not allowing the Jews to return to Israel (for their sakes). God tells us (the Jews polluted His name where ever they went).
There's no purpose in restoring the nation of Israel. The promise made to Abraham was, "by means of your seed, ALL Nations will be blessed". Oh, BTW, what name exactly was that name they polluted anyway ????? Certainly not Jesus since he had'nt appeared on the Earth yet ??????
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34
God tells us, He is allowing the Jews to return to anger the nations. And He is allowing the Jews to return so that when many nations rise up to destroy Israel and drive them out of their land, God will use that as an opportunity to reveal to the world who He is. God gave that land to the Jews, and he allow the Romans to remove them from their land as punishment. Now God is allowing them to return, and God will punish the nations who try to remove them now. In doing so, He will reveal to the wayward Jews, and the unbelieveing world, that He does exist. The Bible tells us, that when God defends the Jews in the latter days, the whole earth well shake in His presence. What I have just stated can be found in Ezekiel chapters 36, 37, 38, and 39. Yet in much greater detale.
Wrong again Campbell, God's purpose at this late date is to Dump on ALL Religion, then remove ALL governments. Apparently you've yet to read Alexander Hislop's book, "The Two Babylons"

Old 08-03-2008, 08:42 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,956,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
Originally Posted by Campbell34 And you truly believe that Christians haven't?
Throughout the centuries the self-righteousness of Christians has sparked many a war around the globe.
The point I was stating, is God was not returning the Jews to Israel because they were so good, or Godly. The Bible states that none of us are any good. This observation is not about who is good, or who is bad.

Old 08-03-2008, 08:53 AM

285 posts, read 534,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by agnostic soldier View Post
What I meant by suppression of science and reason were things that the Religious Right does, for example trying to take evolution out of school and teach Creationism in public school or preventing stem cell research, things like that, not necessarily that religion or religious people have always done things stop the spread of science and rational inquiry.
What gets me the most, is that THE evolution that creationist are so against, is NOT even the actual theory that is taught by those who know. In short ID people are merely beating up a straw man.

ID is a fairy tale and to teach as science is a terrible disservice to our kids. Put in the fiction section where it belongs, along with the pink unicorns and pixies.

Old 08-03-2008, 09:00 AM

8,568 posts, read 16,207,649 times
Originally Posted by Campbell34
Quote:
The point I was stating, is God was not returning the Jews to Israel because they were so good, or Godly. The Bible states that none of us are any good. This observation is not about who is good, or who is bad.
And my point is that Christians now act exactly as the Jews did when Jesus was alive; they believed to be God's chosen people.
While Jesus stated that it was about who is good or who is bad, because acting self-righteously = being evil.

Old 08-03-2008, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluepacific View Post
There's no purpose in restoring the nation of Israel. The promise made to Abraham was, "by means of your seed, ALL Nations will be blessed". Oh, BTW, what name exactly was that name they polluted anyway ????? Certainly not Jesus since he had'nt appeared on the Earth yet ??????
Wrong again Campbell, God's purpose at this late date is to Dump on ALL Religion, then remove ALL governments. Apparently you've yet to read Alexander Hislop's book, "The Two Babylons"
There's no purpose in restoring the nation of Israel? Then I guess you must believe God is a liar. Or maybe you have spent to much time reading Alexander Hislop's book, and not the Bible. Well you have your opinon, and then we have the truth of the Bible which you can read below.

Ezekiel 36:17 Son of man, when the people of Israel were living in their own land, they defiled it by their conduct and their actions.
Ezekiel 36:18 So I poured out my wrath on them because they had shed blood in the land and because they had defiled it with their idols.
Ezekiel 36:19 I dispersed them among the nations, and they were scattered through the countries;
Ezekiel 36:20 And wherever they went among the nations they profaned my holy name, for it was said of them, These are the LORD's people, and yet they had to leave his land.
Ezekiel 36:21 I had concern for my holy name, which the house of Isreal profaned among the nations where they had gone.
Ezekiel 36:22 Therefore say to the house of Israel, This is what the Sovereign LORD says: It is not for your sake, O house of Israel, that I am going to do these things, but for the sake of my holy name, which you have profaned among the nations where you have gone.
Ezekiel 36:24 For I will take you out of the nations; I will gather you from all the countries and bring you back into your own land.
Ezekiel 36:28 You will live in the land I gave your forefathers;
Ezekiel 36:33 This is what the Sovereign LORD says: On the day I cleanse you from all your sins, I will resettle your towns, and the ruins will be rebuilt.
Ezekiel 36:34 The desolate land will be cultivated instead of lying desolate in the sight of all who pass through it.

The God of the Bible tells us there is a purpose, and He does not agree with you. God has brought the Jews back to Israel to both anger the nations, and to raise up His Holy name that the Jewish people have profaned.

Old 08-03-2008, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
Originally Posted by Campbell34And my point is that Christians now act exactly as the Jews did when Jesus was alive; they believed to be God's chosen people.
While Jesus stated that it was about who is good or who is bad, because acting self-righteously = being evil.
Jesus never stated it was about who was good, or who was bad. Because Jesus said (only God was good). Jesus tells us you can not get to heaven by doing good works. So I don't care how good you think you are. Unless you have been born again, and have Jesus Christ in your heart you are going to hell, and that is what the Bible teaches us. And Jesus tells us, whosoever believes in Him are His chosen people. Christians know that without the sheding of blood there is no remission of sin, and the only blood that will cover anyones sins, is the blood that Christ shed on the cross for us.

Old 08-03-2008, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coosjoaquin View Post
Nope but I spoke to my mum after trying to wake me up and it turns out she was trying to wake me up all those times. You see, your nerves don't stop firing when you are unconscious or in a semi-conscious state. When someone is in a coma, doctors advice the family of the patient to keep talking to him/her because that activity can speed up the recovery of damaged neurones.

With that in mind It's not surprising you heard her words and imagined a female face in your state. I'm sure that by now you have convinced yourself it was the same face as hers.
I was watching all the activity while it was happening, and I was unconscious. I could both see and hear the woman who was standing over me clearly. I did not imagine anything. I never spoke with that woman before, so her voice was not one I knew, yet I knew who she was because I could see her face while I was unconscious.

Old 08-03-2008, 10:15 AM

2,630 posts, read 4,933,797 times
Yes yes, there are literally billions of rationalizations one can try to disprove in order to make the event seem magical but my belief is that you heard her voice in a semi-conscious state and pictured a woman whose face you've convinced yourself was the same when you talked to her later on. If my hypothesis is right then I predict you will reveal more and more information which will make the event seem more and more miraculous.

Old 08-03-2008, 10:23 AM

2,255 posts, read 5,389,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahteist2 View Post
What gets me the most, is that THE evolution that creationist are so against, is NOT even the actual theory that is taught by those who know. In short ID people are merely beating up a straw man.

ID is a fairy tale and to teach as science is a terrible disservice to our kids. Put in the fiction section where it belongs, along with the pink unicorns and pixies.
This is exactly why they lost that court case in Arkansas. Because they wanted to have a fairytale promoted to school children. There's a huge reason they failed, and you may be surprised to find out the reason why.

Stay Tuned

Old 08-03-2008, 10:27 AM

2,630 posts, read 4,933,797 times
I think my main beef is that there is far too much disinformation about Neo-Darwinism being spread around by Creo/Iders
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.