Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2008, 07:10 PM

56 posts, read 102,977 times

Advertisements

Well I watch a great movie today, The god who wasn't there. For those of you that have not seen it, its a documentary about a guy who was a Christian and started questioning his faith, he dose some research and came to the conclusion that there is no god and provides some interesting point of views.

After watching it, I came to the conclusion that I am not a theist, but an atheist I found this interesting to all of you questioning Christianity.

Luke 12:I0

any one that speaks a word against the son of man will be forgiven, but anyone who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will NOT be forgiven.

Mark 3:29

Who ever speaks blaspheme against the Holy Spirit can never have forgiveness, but is guilty of an eternal sin.

There it is twice!

Denial of the Holy Spirit WILL NOT be forgiven do not pass heaven, straight to hell. According to the bible so if you even questioned your faith, you will not be saved. I am sure Christians will figure out away to twist this but this is the word of god. The Holy Spirit is the easiest thing in the bible to doubt because you cannot see it or touch it, or smell it. You can not even think there might not be a god or Jesus because he is in your thoughts.

Christianity teaches us doubt = death, you are not allowed to think. Do not use the complex minds we have and do as the bible commands.

I just wanted to say it was a great documentary, I accepted Jesus Christ as my savor.... and today I want to say I DENY THE HOLY SPIRIT and I am not afraid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2008, 07:17 PM

5,160 posts, read 9,169,978 times
Congrats.

Old 07-24-2008, 07:28 PM

8,568 posts, read 16,229,511 times
Yes well, I never believed in the trinity anyway.
And I also don't find anything wrong with working through your doubt to arrive at (self) knowledge.

Old 07-24-2008, 07:43 PM

2,630 posts, read 4,939,060 times
Congratulations Karrsquest. While I'm sure there will be people who say you are misguided, going through a phase or corrupted by satan(happens a lot in a passive way) I just hope you find the path that makes most sense to you and that the people you interact with accept it

Old 07-24-2008, 08:01 PM

My parents understand, my wife she doesn’t understand she asks me why I would I take the chance instead of just believing that there is something after we die. She doesn’t understand the logic behind question something so far fetched. I see what happens to people when they just follow what they have been told. I was in the Marines for 5 years and have seen what a brain washed terrorist can do; I have also seen what brain washed Christians are doing to this country. I am happy with my choices and my life and don’t need people to tell me Satan have taken a hold. I love my wife, my family, serving my country, working for the VA (NEW JOB), and helping people in my spare time. I try and make good moral decisions based on what I feel is right in my heart, and live the best life possible.

Pat Tillman’s famous last quote “Hey, O'Neal, why are you praying? God can't help us now.'"

Old 07-24-2008, 08:03 PM

I do wish for a day in which people become more understanding of the non believers, homosexuals, races, and just people being diffrent as a whole.

Old 07-24-2008, 08:04 PM

I agree, I just can't understand how people can think you can just will yourself into casting away your doubt.

Old 07-24-2008, 08:50 PM

4,346 posts, read 6,616,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karrsquest View Post
Christianity teaches us doubt = death, you are not allowed to think. Do not use the complex minds we have and do as the bible commands.
So, you basically reject a particular view of one theistic sect. I don't see how that = atheism. If you think you can scare God off with a one silly out-of-context declaration, then you think too highly of your mortal powers. You can easily be a thinker without jumping on the blasphemy challenge bandwagon, even though there seems to be a certain shock value and sense of empowerment for those who do.

blessings,
- Byron

Old 07-24-2008, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
If you think you can scare God off with a one silly out-of-context declaration, then you think too highly of your mortal powers.
Why would you try to scare something you don't believe in?
Why are you twisting what he's said?

Old 07-24-2008, 09:19 PM

5,160 posts, read 9,169,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karrsquest View Post
and today I want to say I DENY THE HOLY SPIRIT and I am not afraid.
Another hellbound mate.

Welcome to the club.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality