Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2008, 11:21 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,971,100 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekerSA View Post
Maybe you should pray for the gift of interpretation of tongues - I sure does not look like you can understand or read English

Would you like me to post it in Afrikaans?
In your own words you said. "I will answer your question with my own answer." ---> YHWH aka God <---

Thats what you said, and again you are not answering the question put to you. How could YHWH of created all things when the Bible tells us that it was Jesus Christ who created all things? Rather then attack me, could you just answer the question?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2008, 11:22 AM

5,563 posts, read 7,214,408 times
Even Peter only had to be told 3 times

Old 07-31-2008, 11:23 AM

5,563 posts, read 7,214,408 times
we are now page 21 read page 19 and 20

Old 07-31-2008, 11:25 AM

2,255 posts, read 5,398,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
What history books are you reading?

Constantine had very little direct impact on Christian theology. Historians aren't even convinced he ever became a Christian.
You are absolutely correct or I guess those historians you mentioned. He never was converted. There is a lot of controvesy over his supposed baptism. He continued much of his Roman paganism long after the fussion of Apostate Christianity & roman Pagandom. He finally came to power after the death of his father and defeat of his rivals for the Emperor's throne. There's a book called "A History of Christianity" and it mentions the dispute of him actually having those visions of the Sun with the flaming cross. But after he defeated and killed his last remaining enemy Lucinius, he entered Rome with the Pagan Senate welcoming him and declaring him as Chief Augustus and Pontifex Maximus, that would be, Pagan High Priest of Pagan Roman Religion.In thr year 325, as yet unbaptized, Constantine presided over the first great ecumenical council of the Christian church, which condemned Arianism and drew up a statement of essential beliefs called the Nicene Creed.

Constantine fell terminally ill in the year 337 and it was at that late hour he was supposed to have been baptized, and then he dies. After his death the Senate placed him among the Roman gods. There is a well known historian, Paul Johnson, said, "He never abandoned sun-Worship and kept the sun on his coins". The Encyclopedia Britanica says that , "Constantine showed equal favour over both religions. As Pontifex Maximus he watched over the heathen worship and protected it's rights". "Constantine never became a Christian". The story of him being baptized also does'nt hold water when you realize the day before his death he had made a sacrifice to Zues and kept the Pagan religious title of Pontifex Maximus.

Other serious questions should also be asked here like, Was his baptism preceded by genuine repentance and a genuine turning around of his former deeds, as would be required by the scriptures of someone getting baptized ? Was it total water immersion or like the pagan infant baptism of the day ? Anyway, just some interesting background of the man who help formulate the Pagan Trinity Doctrine into official apostate Christian religion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARK S
Constantine made it so that it was no longer illegal to be a Christian in the Empire, thus formally ending years of persecution. It allowed Christianity to no longer be an "underground cult" and to become an accepted Faith.
And Constantine pre-dated the Holy Roman Empire by almost 500 years. I think you're confusing him with Charlemagne.
Everything the man did was for political reasons and had absolutely nothing to do with clean unadulterated Christian truth.

Old 07-31-2008, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Well Seeker stated on post 181 that YHWH created all things. Yet in Colossians 1:16 it states that Jesus Christ created all things. Could you tell me how Jesus Christ could of made all things when the Old Testament tells us that YHWH made all things? If you refuse to answer this question I will understand. LOL
There again you are misrepresenting what it states. God used him as a master craftsman. He's still called the first born of all creation, and I've already explain what that means. Everywhere that expression First Born is used whether with Israel, Pharoah, Egypt, animals, etc, it means the first born of that particular Group. Jesus is the first Born of any type of creation, spirit, Universe, Galaxies, Our Solar System, Earth, Mankind , etc. But you DON'T want that! You are the one who has overwhelmingly taken everything out of context. And you so determined that you are in the right on this, that nobody, not even GOD ALMIGHTY is going to tell YOU anything different. You're stuck in neutral with nowhere to go and again I dare say even several Trinitarian Churches in your deep dark past have no doubt abandoned you, not the other way around. I can just imagine the internal conflicts certain Reverends and Pastors have had with you throughout your sad and lonely history.

Again it will always be, when someone does respond the way you like or the way you think it should be, they are'nt answer your righteous question!

You've got to get away from the Kool-Aid man!!!

Old 07-31-2008, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluepacific View Post
There again you are misrepresenting what it states. God used him as a master craftsman. He's still called the first born of all creation, and I've already explain what that means. Everywhere that expression First Born is used whether with Israel, Pharoah, Egypt, animals, etc, it means the first born of that particular Group. Jesus is the first Born of any type of creation, spirit, Universe, Galaxies, Our Solar System, Earth, Mankind , etc. But you DON'T want that! You are the one who has overwhelmingly taken everything out of context. And you so determined that you are in the right on this, that nobody, not even GOD ALMIGHTY is going to tell YOU anything different. You're stuck in neutral with nowhere to go and again I dare say even several Trinitarian Churches in your deep dark past have no doubt abandoned you, not the other way around. I can just imagine the internal conflicts certain Reverends and Pastors have had with you throughout your sad and lonely history.

Again it will always be, when someone does respond the way you like or the way you think it should be, they are'nt answer your righteous question!

So you believe Jesus was helping YHWH with the creation? Jesus being His master craftsman.
Then you must also believe that YHWH is a (LIAR)? Because the God of the Old Testament tells us they He created all things (ALONE) and by (HIMSELF). Anotherswords, no one was helping HIM. I believe YHWH. Do you believe Him?

Old 07-31-2008, 12:50 PM

Quote:

And yes you already explained what first born means to you. You believe that first born means Jesus Christ was a created being. Now thats what you believe, thats not what the Bible tells us. The Bible tells us that Jesus was the first born from the (DEAD) . And the Bible tells us Jesus (always was). So, there seems to be a difference of opinion as to what you believe, and what the Bible actually states. Now who should we believe, the Bible, or your opinion? The only answers I'm intrested in, are the one's that agree with the Scriptures.

Old 07-31-2008, 12:56 PM

Quote:
So you believe Jesus was helping YHWH with the creation? Jesus being His master craftsman.
Then you must also believe that YHWH is a (LIAR)? Because the God of the Old Testament tells us they He created all things (ALONE) and by (HIMSELF). Anotherswords, no one was helping HIM. I believe YHWH. Do you believe Him?
And yet you are ignoring your own flavourite scripture at Genesis 1:26 which proves he was'nt working alone. He was'nt talking to himself, he was talking to his First-Born Son. Jesus was right there when man was created and guess what ????????????? So were billions of other Angels who were also created perhaps millions of years before the Earth, because the Bible shows that the morning Stars (Sons of God) applauded with the Earth creation happened. Again who knows how long, it just does'nt say!! Perhaps there is a Multi-Billion person Godhead ?????? And as Montana so aptly put it when he started this thread, "I feel sorry for the Holy Ghost" because it's always gotten a third rate reputation. The holy Ghost (or as properly translated "spirit") is merely Almighty God's power. PERIOD!

Jesus had a beginning & YHWH has been around for all eternity. You need to dump your beloved King James Version. It's giving you fits. Besides us. ROFL

Old 07-31-2008, 01:14 PM

Quote:
And yes you already explained what first born means to you. You believe that first born means Jesus Christ was a created being. Now thats what you believe, thats not what the Bible tells us.
Wrong again "Mein Camp" . In every single instance where the 30+ times the expression is used, "First-Born" is always used in reference to something or someone being the beginning of whatever GROUP is being spoken of. In this case, and I realize it gives you pissy fits, but Jesus was the first DIRECT Creation over every single thing Spirit & Physical - Living or inanimate that Almighty God of the entire Universe (Yahweh - Jehovah -YHWH ) created period. But you are welcome to spin it anyway you see fit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34
The Bible tells us that Jesus was the first born from the (DEAD). Which simply means he's the first one his FATHER - YHWH resurrected and gave eternal immortal life to.

And the Bible tells us Jesus (always was). Where does it say that ???????

So, there seems to be a difference of opinion as to what you believe, and what the Bible actually states. Now who should we believe, the Bible, or your opinion? Right back atcha Pop Stick!!!

The only answers I'm intrested in, are the one's that agree with the Scriptures.
You mean like the numerous diliberate False Spurious Scriptures put into the "Authorized King James Version" by the Apotate Anglican Clergyman, that Sir Isaac Newton & William Whiston (who the Trinitarian clergy murdered) discovered in their intelligent and conscientious research ??????????

Cheers

Old 07-31-2008, 01:18 PM

Quote:
And yet you are ignoring your own flavourite scripture at Genesis 1:26 which proves he was'nt working alone. He was'nt talking to himself, he was talking to his First-Born Son. Jesus was right there when man was created and guess what ????????????? So were billions of other Angels who were also created perhaps millions of years before the Earth, because the Bible shows that the morning Stars (Sons of God) applauded with the Earth creation happened. Again who knows how long, it just does'nt say!! Perhaps there is a Multi-Billion person Godhead ?????? And as Montana so aptly put it when he started this thread, "I feel sorry for the Holy Ghost" because it's always gotten a third rate reputation. The holy Ghost (or as properly translated "spirit") is merely Almighty God's power. PERIOD!

Jesus had a beginning & YHWH has been around for all eternity. You need to dump your beloved King James Version. It's giving you fits. Besides us. ROFL
No, I did not Ignore Genesis 1:26, I believe in the trinity, you do not. I'm left with the understanding of how God could be speaking to others in the Godhead. Your left with a countridiction. Because unless the trinity exist, there is no way that Jesus and the God of the Old Testament could have both created all things. The God of the Old Testament tells us He created all things (ALONE and by (HIMSELF). If you believe in the trinity there is no problem with that statement. If you believe that Jesus is a created being, your left with a countridiction. Because only God alone was involved in creation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality