Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2008, 12:30 PM

43 posts, read 72,938 times

Advertisements

The Book of Daniel, Chapter 8, says that, as a sign, that Adonai (God) is bringing the wickedness of this world to an end: "Suddenly, a male goat ("kingdom of Greece") will appear in the West," then cross the surface of the whole earth without being stopped.

Today, that prophecy is being fulfilled. American President George H.W.Bush, said: "Eisenhower was right to say, "the spirit of the West, the modern spirit, is a Greek discovery," See George Bush: Remarks at the Arrival Ceremony in Athens, <B><font color='#cc3300'>Greece</font></B>= . In fact, American president Lyndon B. Johnson, said: "The Western World is the child of Greece...what we are and how we feel today is linked to what happened in a little Greek city 2400 years ago." Lyndon B. Johnson: Toasts of the President and Queen Frederika of Greece. .

My God lives and is at work.

What are your thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2008, 08:26 PM

4,903 posts, read 5,998,908 times
I doubt that that's a prophecy being fulfilled. The prophecy is even to vague to distinguish it from other events that have happened or might happen in the future. The ancient Greeks wouldn't have even known that the Americas existed. What they considered the West would have been somewhere in the Mediterrean or Middle East. Another problem with the prophecy is that it doesn't give any specific dates or people. It doesn't say that what will happen will happen on a certain date, it just says that something vague will happen sometime. And it doesn't specify who exactly will be involved so someone can tell if it has come true.

Old 01-09-2009, 05:37 PM

1 posts, read 4,262 times
I agree that USA is greece in Daniel 8. After studing and thinking a lot i get to the conclusion that the only fit is USA. First because it comes from the west. Greece is not in the west and, second, because it cant beat Persia (Iran). Just the USA fit in this scenario. Ancient Greece and Persia are just ways of naming future nations, USA and Iran, whom are just about to get involved in a scarry war. But for the war to start we need the horn who is in between the eyes of the male goat. That horn is the first king, who is Barack Obama. He is the first black president in USA history, and not just there but in all anglo-saxon nations. So we may see during 2009 the start of a big war in the middle east. This war will end with the USA divided in four nations. That is what Daniel is telling in chapter 8.

Old 01-09-2009, 05:59 PM

33,502 posts, read 36,999,655 times
Boy, do you people ever stretch things...Greece is and has always been Greece..In my opinion there is no such thing as a valid prophesy. Not in the bible or anywhere else...Unbelievable the length some people will go to to fit their chicken little sky is falling point of view

Old 07-08-2011, 08:57 AM

1 posts, read 2,591 times
America was founded based on the ideals and customs and law of the Roman Republic, not Greece. We are the offspring of the Old roman empire, so is England and france and spain. (Roman empire came after greece) and Greece never occupied any land in western europe or central europe for that matter, they only conquered towards the east, (persia, middle east and asia)

Old 07-08-2011, 01:00 PM

31,387 posts, read 36,925,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bquintanilla View Post
I agree that USA is greece in Daniel 8.
I suggest that Greece is Greece and the United States is the United States.

Prophecies remind me of my dream of going a fortune teller and just stand silently at the reception desk. If they ask me a single question I know they would be a fraud. The same goes with prophecies, if the United States meant Greece then they should have said, the United States.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality