Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2008, 03:44 PM

4,714 posts, read 8,458,946 times

Advertisements

Theocratic Sect Prays for Real Armageddon | | AlterNet

Anyone hear of Joel's Army?

I think that history teaches that some of these wacko ideas just have to burn themselves out, sometimes after having a major event take place.

My personal belief is that some ideas don't go away in the public's mind until replaced by a better idea. The idea that society needs to be governed by an explicitly religious organization is one such idea. That idea had mostly been superseded after the revolutions of the 18th and 19th centuries, but now there are fringe religious and political groups that continue to try to resurrect the idea.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2008, 04:34 PM

1,168 posts, read 2,503,030 times
I've never been a fan of Todd Bentley. I do not believe Christianity will ever take over the world completely - not till all the prophecy has been fulfilled, including I believe, the rapture of the true church of Jesus and his children - and then the end times as read of in Revelation. This world is an imperfect one - has been for thousands of years. Good and Evil co-exist on planet earth. God and Satan are still the options for mankind and the choices are still made with the eyes closed and mind fixed on possessions and other things that in the end are not so important as the eternal destination of the soul. So Joels army is a bit of a non-starter as far as I am concerned. But only God knows how eveything will pan out in the end. My job is just to trust him and keep on going.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality