Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 11:48 AM

1,168 posts, read 2,500,294 times

Advertisements

I think you should look after your ageing parents, unless they beat you up all your childhood....then you should stick them in the Old Folks Home and never visit them again!

Seriously, I remember, some old folks never getting any visitory as the Home where I once worked for a while - I thourght it was terrible - "Their children should be ashamed of themselves"...etc.... then someone told me what hell those parents had given their children - I guess it was their comeuppance time - sad but true. Look after your children and love them and of course they will look after you!

Being a Christian though - heres the real challenge - look after your parents even if they were nasty. God give us grace.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2008, 02:45 PM

126 posts, read 299,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuSuSushi View Post
Macha...I'm sure you have a lot of good things to say, but it's really not fun to try to read your posts when you use so many shortcuts.
Sorry about that,my computer has been having trouble&I'm using a PSP,to post mes.w/.It only gives me small space to post on so its either abr. things,&say things like"N 2",or I don't have room to post whole message,&everyone knows I love to post mes.,it's enjoyable.

Old 09-12-2008, 03:03 PM

1,167 posts, read 1,518,154 times
I don't feel that I have a Ethical or Moral Responsibility to take care of my parents, but I do when given the chance, now my mom is only 52 and my dad is only 50, they are both extremely healthy, luckily, no big issues. My dad had a European strand of mono that lead to Cronic Fatigue Syndrome, but other than that they are happy healthy people.

I will take care of them if need be though because I love them and they raised me wonderfully, teaching me right from wrong and they raised me to think for myself. I would be honored to be able to take them in and give them at least a small slice of what they gave me. They did live with my husband and I for about 6 months when they moved back to the states (they were living in Germany). We have also offered to move my husband's grandmother into our home, but she moved in with DH's mother in Co springs.

Old 09-12-2008, 03:09 PM

1,921 posts, read 5,614,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennaflorrie View Post
Being a Christian though - heres the real challenge - look after your parents even if they were nasty. God give us grace.
Trust me, in my case, my parents wouldn't want, nor would they accept, my help, (unless, of course, they were senile, and didn't know, and I certainly hope that wouldn't happen to them). And if was necessary for them to be in an old folks' home, (which I sincerely hope not. I wouldn't wish that on anyone, including my parents), like as not they'd have me run off the premises if I came to visit them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality