Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2010, 12:17 PM

138 posts, read 244,742 times

Advertisements

"Egotism is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity" - Frank Leahy

I thought that was a rather nice way to close out my inputs on the thread for the day, particularly as it pertains to Gary Olsen.

How else could Gary Olsen be so stupid if not for the egotism that anesthetizes him, it makes perfect sense to me.

Old 09-06-2010, 03:48 PM

28 posts, read 47,034 times
Question At the Feet of the Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulPatriot View Post
* Excerpt from "Truth and the Seeker" Vol. 5 #8, Sat Guru Bhakti Part B

"Those who beg from a sat guru suffer no loss of honor or
dignity, because all are beggars before the sat guru. There is
none in the whole creation who is not a beggar before the sat
guru. Those who feel shame in begging from the Master will have
to humble themselves before Kal and bear the penalty. Blessed
indeed are those who beg from the sat guru."
Great quote you found there SP.

I am beginning to see it more clearly now. You pretty much have to "Beg" Gary to accept you for the privilege of becoming his serving chela. Is that what you do in these initiations, beg for him to use you over lifetimes (billions?) of devotion? How can anyone become so desperate and hard up to relegate themselves to the lowly position of the submissive doormat! Does he "wash your feet" in return as a humble master would? He may pretend to, but does he, Ever?

Whether we realize it or not, we are all equals under the earth. “When the student is ready, the teacher appears.” A teacher appears to guide the student. However, the student is, by the same token, also there to guide the teacher. “When the teacher is ready the student appears . .…to teach the teacher.”

Here is an experiment for current chelas to try out. Study your Master. How true is he really and if he has any sense of the humility he says he has. Has he given you any sense of your own divinity? Your true place in and among the greater scheme of things? Instead of addressing him as "Master", as I understand you all do, just call him plain old "Gary". In your initiates reports just address them to "Gary". See how that goes down. Whether he can accept of you as his true equal. If you are there as much for your benefit as his; shown true place, when you are ready. To recognize your place as being fully responsible and capable of your own spiritual development, with the intention of "standing on your own two feet" in the upcoming future. I'm telling You: You are fully capable of finding your own way, your own Path, that and now could very well be the time you started to realize it!

Also: may the real "Kal Niranjan" stand up and show himself to You. I know who He is! May you also make that discovery for yourself and banish him to his place, in his own Hell, he so rightfully deserves!

"All men shall be my slaves! All women shall succumb to my charms! All mankind shall grovel at my feet and not know why!" – L. Ron Hubbard

Old 09-07-2010, 01:24 PM

20 posts, read 28,486 times
I wonder, will Gary and his wife move out of "the parsonage" when Richard picks up the mantle? Gary has stated that Richard will be the next Guru for MP when he retires. Is Gary planning to leave soon? I have noticed that Richard is sporting a snappy tan and lacquered hair style. He and Gary look very much alike. Very much alike. Richard are you out there? Could you clarify your position on MP. Is it a paid position yet? Are you the one writing the new books and discourses now?

I have looked at the olive trees on the property. There are a good number of them. Do you have an olive press on the property Gary? Olive oil is a popular small business on the west coast these days. Or is it just produced for friends and family and Christmas gifts for those chelas on the inner circle? Or is it just for anointment?

It probably costs a lot to spend one on one time at "the parsonage" but only as a contribution to the 501(c)3. One would probably have to be considered "within the group of the inner circle as distinguished from the smaller fry--the common heard"(an excerpt) after such an august visitation. Maybe a supervisor could win a trip to "the parsonage" after their "cell" recruits a certain number of aspirants. That would be probably dependent upon the reports of tax filings of these prospective small fry within the last five years. Thanks to SoulPat for providing the historical perspective on chela recruitment. This is the best example of two-faced insincerity on the path that has been exposed here. Supposedly recruitment of chelas will wash away karmas from past lives or gain favor with the Great Guru and He will absorb these karmas along with the money, or something insidious like that. To bad there are laws against inciting a riot, or else I would be all for it.

I have heard that many service staff who cater to these seminars really dread the arrival of the multitudes of slack jawed chelas. They have lots of jokes and goofs about what goes on in those meetings.

Old 09-07-2010, 03:04 PM

3 posts, read 5,021 times
Default It would be just like Gary...

It would be just like Gary to leave a clone like Richard holding the bag after Gary runs off with all he money. I'm sure Gary could convince Richard and his Joy-clone wife that he deserves the $3.5 miilion or more that has (or thinks he has) to retire on because of how many "chela's" he saved from KAL. Its just that his "exist strategy" won't work because I already know that the IRS is on to him

JB

xanadau
befriend

15 posts, read 2,306 times

I wonder, will Gary and his wife move out of "the parsonage" when Richard picks up the mantle? Gary has stated that Richard will be the next Guru for MP when he retires. Is Gary planning to leave soon? I have noticed that Richard is sporting a snappy tan and lacquered hair style. He and Gary look very much alike. Very much alike. Richard are you out there? Could you clarify your position on MP. Is it a paid position yet? Are you the one writing the new books and discourses now?

Last edited by JeterBoye; 09-07-2010 at 03:16 PM.. Reason: My statement didn't post

Old 09-07-2010, 04:41 PM

268 posts, read 457,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard. View Post
Hello, I was browsing the web and came across this topic. I thought I would stop by and say, "Yes, I am familiar with Gary Olsen." I have been a student of his for about nine years, and a practitioner of Surat Shabda Yoga for about 25 years (I started with Radha Soami).

After I read a few of the most recent pages here, one saying that came to mind was, "It takes one to know one." Since I'm quite sure I'm not one, I won't bother making any claims one way or another about whether I consider Gary to be a "true" guru. What I will say is that I am very satisfied with my involvement with Gary and MasterPath.

Over the years, I've found that people who are interested in the basic Light and Sound teachings will make their own decisions about what sort of connection they feel with any particular master (that also applies to any other spiritual tradition, as far as that goes). Of course, lots of "My master is holier than thou's," goes on too. If people aren't interested in the Light and Sound teachings, then any tradition pretty much seems to be considered a cult.

To each her and his own. I expect I'm in it for the long haul. I wish all here the best.
^Is it THIS Richard or a different one?^ Why isn't Dennis a candidate?

How lovely that they are both tanned and lacquered. Does Richard also partake in the ganja regularly?

Great question about the so called "parsonage". If I remember right, MasterPath "rents" the parsonage from Sky View Corporation - or something along those lines. So maybe Sky View will be the key to figuring that situation out?

Old 09-07-2010, 07:08 PM

20 posts, read 28,486 times
Talking Cult-ish?

Originally Posted by Richard.
Hello, I was browsing the web and came across this topic. I thought I would stop by and say, "Yes, I am familiar with Gary Olsen." I have been a student of his for about nine years, and a practitioner of Surat Shabda Yoga for about 25 years (I started with Radha Soami).

After I read a few of the most recent pages here, one saying that came to mind was, "It takes one to know one." Since I'm quite sure I'm not one, I won't bother making any claims one way or another about whether I consider Gary to be a "true" guru. What I will say is that I am very satisfied with my involvement with Gary and MasterPath.

Over the years, I've found that people who are interested in the basic Light and Sound teachings will make their own decisions about what sort of connection they feel with any particular master (that also applies to any other spiritual tradition, as far as that goes). Of course, lots of "My master is holier than thou's," goes on too. If people aren't interested in the Light and Sound teachings, then any tradition pretty much seems to be considered a cult.

To each her and his own. I expect I'm in it for the long haul. I wish all here the best.

Thank you Violet11 for reminding me of this post. Yes, I do believe it is the new Him. "It takes one to know one." What is that supposed to mean. How childish. The semantics the understatements. Sheesh!!! He knows of Gary. What??? He is on the path admittedly. One must consider gary to be a "true guru" to be on the path. On the path for nine years at the time of posting. How did he move up so fast to become Gary's b****. Maybe because he's so pretty. If only nine years...maybe it is'nt him or, oh yeah, it could be a LIE.

Radaha for 25 years how did he get away? Only outsiders consider it a cult. Maybe it really isn't THE Richard who is now in charge of 0 to 2nd initiates, and will be the next Master on MP,and that looks just like GGGary sans moustache. Certainly he would not appear on this post and cross the HOLY ONE. It is a free country and victimization of the masses of the poor, destitute, disabled, and mentally unstable could be considered a crime. I am NOT interested in the light and sound teachings anymore and after another 10 thousand dollars in counseling fees maybe I can be free again too. Considered a cult??? Perhaps I should say individuals who practice fundamentalist beliefs and worship of a narccisitic figure head.

Maybe this Richard is just one of the herd and likes it that way. If so, I wish him the best.

Read more: http://www.city-data.com/forum/relig...#ixzz0ytSa1vBs

Old 09-07-2010, 07:18 PM

30 posts, read 56,550 times
Richard, the Gary clone and next master, has been on the path for close to twenty years. These are not the same Richards.

Last edited by SoulPatriot; 09-07-2010 at 07:28 PM..

Old 09-07-2010, 07:45 PM

28 posts, read 47,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xanadau View Post
It probably costs a lot to spend one on one time at "the parsonage" but only as a contribution to the 501(c)3. One would probably have to be considered "within the group of the inner circle as distinguished from the smaller fry--the common heard" (an excerpt) after such an august visitation. Maybe a supervisor could win a trip to "the parsonage" after their "cell" recruits a certain number of aspirants. That would be probably dependent upon the reports of tax filings of these prospective small fry within the last five years.
I was wondering if there's a lot more than $30/month needed to get anywhere near to Gary's "god-realization" (i.e. Gary-realization).

Take another look at Adi Da Samraj, that Tim Beasly referenced:
Quote:
Originally Posted by timothybeasley View Post
Adi Da Samraj has a video entitled: "I Will Do Everything" shown here
I noticed how this “guru” would target rich devotees, millionaires, for personal fleecing, and obtained resorts and a Fiji Island retreat with such proceedings (BTW Adi Da was a ex-Scientologist who also collected wives - as well as "Gold" and "Glory" - for himself, one being a former Playboy centerfold).

In Scientology you will have to shell out over a cool half a million to get to level OT8. Not too many everyday folk get to go that far. The most dehumanizing money making scam ever conjured up, where the pinnacle of “enlightened” is to end up solo-auditing, exorcising attached rouge spirits on you body and paying $500/hr for the privilege.

Beyond the 4th Initiation, further initiations are only by Gary’s invitation with no set time period of “progression” declared. Are these initiations conducted on a personal basis, at Gary’s "Olive Grove" Retreat? Is the continuation on the path towards realization have any relationship to how much of the green stuff (no, not pot) a chela can materialize? Who says all donations are necessarily recorded for the benefit for the of the IRS. Cash is still King, and untraceable.

“A body is a vegetable . . . and, like vegetables, one way or another, it gets used by others.” – L. Ron Hubbard (Adi Da Samraj's Guru)

Old 09-07-2010, 08:40 PM

30 posts, read 56,550 times
Default Clarification

Zeeker, Just to clarify, the first and second initiations are given at the request of the chela. If the second is not taken ( this is the initiation that binds you to Gary until you become God Realized, no matter how many lifetimes it takes to get there) you will be dropped from the path shortly thereafter. The rest are bestowed by Gary and given at the seminars.They follow no particular time line except that the sixth initiation is given only after you have received 12 years of discourses. If your dues are not paid on time each month, the discourse will be withheld for that month and it will take longer to reach the 12 years needed to get the sixth initiation. The seventh is given generally 2 or 3 years after that. This is the third eye initiation and can be attained in about 14 years if you are a good chela. But, according to Gary, just because you have the 7th initiation, it doesn't mean that you are necessarily there. He has said that many of his 7th initiates are actually 5th initiates. He doesn't want anyone to get too high and mighty and keeps the chelas in their place, paying dues and hanging on his every word.

Also, drug use is generally looked down upon and I doubt any chelas are offering weed to further their expansion in consciousness. This point makes Gary's drug use a little more damning by the practice what you preach mentality. He did mention in a seminar that Sufi master's walked around with bowls of burning hash around their necks. This was called a upaya (not sure of the spelling ) and was supposed to move them more easily into the God state. He gave this talk shortly after being outed for heavy pot smoking on this forum.

Cheers

Last edited by SoulPatriot; 09-07-2010 at 09:45 PM..

Old 09-07-2010, 08:59 PM

268 posts, read 457,662 times
FYI for those interested, the following are just a few personal notes taken down from listening to the May 28, 2006 tape "Master Satsangs The Bird Flu Virus":

The tape starts out with the "hu" chant and some jokes about how the master is in everyone's third eye so there's no roaming around. "Timeliness is important". Evidently some chelas were late getting into the seminar.

Then Gary talks about the lectures from the day before and how they probably offended some people because light and sound is the opposite of conventional truth and tradition. Gary says "Let them have their firetruck or their baby rattle and play with it. They’ll learn more from that than they will from some higher esoteric truth".

The bird flu monologue starts out "I wanna talk about the bird flu"..."It would be unconscionable not to talk about it."

Then Gary makes the statements/disclaimers that Timothy had mentioned in his defense post like "Do you have a control of your brain?" and "Can you approach this calmly?".

Right after that he scolds "Wipe that smile off your face, [chela's name withheld], this is serious stuff."

Gary then talks about how "to get a human body is the highest privilege of all creation, that's the bottom line" and it would be a shame to lose it, we don't wanna get in car accidents or O.D., and suicide is out of the question because the "karma for that is just unbelievable".

Soon he continues on: "Now here's the scene. The federal government is attempting to educate the masses on the bird flu"..."The federal government has a problem. They have to be culpable to their citizens so they have to warn them."..."On the other hand, the government knows that if they give too much of the stats there will be mass hysteria and paranoia because people are too shaky in their minds."..."So they can’t give the masses all the truth."

Shortly thereafter Gary asks "Did anyone see this Newt Gingrich special on Fox here about three weeks ago?"

!!!!

Note: Gary pronounces "Newt" as two syllables = "Newitt". He also explains to everyone that Newt Gingrich (quote) "was the past speaker of the house I believe". Thanks, Gar-Bear!

Gary goes on about Newt's Fox appearance saying "That was really the big push." Then..."He gave a talk about the bird flu"..."So they tried to get a high profile person out their to drop the message."

The odds of bird flu pandemic are explained by Gary… “The chances of it hitting are way, way, way better” than not hitting. “If you went to Vegas...we’re probably looking at 70/30, 80/20, maybe even a 90/10 that it will hit. Do you understand what I just said there?"

“Okay we know the bird flu is a virus that is in the birds and it's jumped to humans. That's a big step right there. It has transferred from human to human through bodily fluids. They're waiting for it to become communicable"...[insinuating the virus would be mutating and becoming airborne]. “Highly highly contagious. Highly powerful. They can’t make a vaccine for it. The virus kills what it’s injected into.”

“The WHO [World Health Organization]...has said that it is imminent. IMMINENT…know what that word means? It’s UPON US. It could hit America TODAY. Who’s prepared?”

...This covers just the beginning, it gets way better. (TO BE CONTINUED)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality