Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2010, 04:19 PM

20 posts, read 28,423 times

Advertisements

He is an ingnoratioelenchi which in my dictionary means ignomaniacamus. And I believed him

Old 09-08-2010, 04:50 PM

268 posts, read 456,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xanadau View Post
He is an ingnoratioelenchi which in my dictionary means ignomaniacamus. And I believed him
Xanadau, I'm certainly not the best person to respond, but all I can say is that you are definitely not the first intelligent person to be taken in your moment of weakness...and unfortunately you won't be the last.

And even those who are still there, whose opinions I strongly dislike - such as Peacemaker, Timothy, Shakey, Richard, Annamalita (and even that wretched dips*** Allan1015)...they are, to some tiny extent, in a place that was once similar to those intelligent enough to have now seen truth. May they be fortunate enough to arrive at the same place as you all have, one day soon.

More of Sri Moron's retardedness to come...

Old 09-08-2010, 11:30 PM

FYI, continued from prior posts, below are some additional personal notes taken from listening to the May 28, 2006 tape entitled "Master Satsangs The Bird Flu":

Gary says "So here’s a number of things that they’re talking about. They want you to have food and water. Gingrich said two weeks. No, I’m very convoluted on that"...

..."One should probably have food and water for at least 3-4 months, and even that’s gonna be risky".

"We want long term plan and we want a short term plan. For your own information, I’m compiling together a little bird flu pamphlet. It’s being compiled right now."

"Tom, I want that on my desk by June 21st. I’ll go over it, send it back to the office and we’ll get it out in the June mailing so you should get it in July. And whatever I have in that pamphlet there, I want you to study it and be prepared"…"Some of the things I’m gonna tell you now are not gonna be in the pamphlet."

"So we’re gonna need food and water for at least 3 - 4 months, but if this baby goes years that’s gonna be a whole other issue."

"You better sit down alone or with your wife or husband and come up with a plan"…"I want you to have a plan to survive. And I mean that. Everything is about survival. What you’re learning on the MasterPath is how to survive in higher dimensions"…"Can you survive in the astral plane?"...

"Now we’re talking about survival down on the physical. A lot of us are in la-la land, we’ve been treated so nicely in America"..."You talk to anyone who’s been in the holocaust and you watch their eyes light up"… "it's serious stuff"…"anyone who’s been in war"… "it gets heavy very, very, very fast"…."It’s gonna have the same effect".

"The few people that can get through it are ones that have an extraordinarily strong immune systems"…."You better start beefing up your regimen"…"You wanna be conscientious about this. That seems to be your only safeguard"... "Everyone’s at risk"..."It takes anywhere from 1-2 weeks to finish you off."

"Food and water for 3-4 months"…."if we get into 2-3 years you’re gonna have to be thinking like 50-100 pounds of rice"..."You’re gonna have to have some way to boil your water"..."Live on water and rice"..."Very real here."

"If you prepare for 2-3 months and it goes long term, well then you’re ill prepared."

"They can’t guarantee the utilities will stay on. The national plan says for 50% of utility workers to stay on the job, 50% go home, and the ones that go home stay home"…"They feel the utilities will last about 2 or 3 weeks before the people working in the utilities are wiped out."

"They also say that it’s the medical field that’s just gonna get decimated. With their humanitarian bend of mind, helping people in trouble... they’re gonna be sitting in the hospitals"…"helping the people that get sick"…"they don’t have the supplies to deal with the sick people"…."the projections are that it’s gonna wipe out the medical field...anyone that’s dumb enough to stay there."

"Gingrich was saying the worse case scenario 2 million dead in America. The WHO is saying 1,000 to 2,000 million. That’s quite a bit different."

1,000 million? I think that would actually be a billion, Gary.

"The bodies...they’re not even gonna be able to handle the bodies"…"If you’ve ever seen a war zone I mean they just pile ‘em up"..."They even have a plan how to bury your own dead"..."If you’re in a family and some of your own go, you’re gonna wanna put ‘em in the ground. And if that happens, chances are you’re not gonna make it."

"I’m not an alarmist and I am not an extremist, I do not exaggerate. I’m not into any of that stuff, that’s just cheap trickery."

"I feel very deeply in my heart that this needs to be talked about. If it never hits, well fantastic, but you’re gonna be a fool to bet on that. I’m not betting on it"..."I’m doing my own preparations and I want you to do so as well".

"If the utilities go off, well then you better keep that in mind"..."Now you need some propane and heat supplies, a water supply and a food supply."

Gary then goes on about the utilities not being maintained, going on lockdown, no phones, and how information will be passed to people by radio, so he suggests chelas stock up on radio batteries, etc. He also suggests people who are running businesses to have a plan for their company.

"When this happens it’s gonna be like a sheet drop down. It's gonna come over the news...Hey we’re in it, take your own precautions. Save yourself."

TO BE CONTINUED...

Old 09-09-2010, 01:29 AM

Just to summarize the remainder of the tape - it gets sort of redundant but basically it's stuff like "This baby's a killer...these things have hit before" referencing the bubonic plague and how it's going to be so much worse because now we have international travel. He also says something like "you better polish up on your detachment. Get in your house and shut your door".

Then it goes into how MP isn't a mommy/daddy program. You can't rely on the master, the master only helps those who help themselves, etc. There are some remarks like "You people are here to grow up. You don't know how to walk. You're just little children. You're babes. And the lord sends souls down to become spiritual adults".

He mentions the body count again, and Tamiflu...that mostly covers it for the bird flu topic. I think everyone gets the picture!

Then Gary goes into sort of a tirade about initiate reports and how the chelas are not following his directions. Apparently they're supposed to write "IR" on the reports and they can only be one page. But some chelas were sending in several pages and Gary said it was no laughing matter, it is serious. "Do you think it's not a check against you when you ignore the master's directions?"

Also Gary says, "I know you want answers but that's like a 4 year old saying 'Daddy explain to me sexual intercourse'. The kid's way over his head. Let the kid find out himself. This is not mommy daddy. Learn to go into the works and look for your answer."

Nice spiritual teacher!

Last, I would just like to add that I have presented my notes taken from this tape as an online review of sorts. All of my remarks about the tape and Gary Olsen are simply MY OPINION.

Old 09-09-2010, 06:06 AM

30 posts, read 56,473 times
Unbelievable.....what a cultastrophe! He is a complete moron. I have zero respect for him. I was at that seminar completely brainwashed. Oh, the good ol days. THANK GOD I got out of Masterpath.

Old 09-09-2010, 12:36 PM

I'm so glad you got out too, SoulPatriot!

Okay I know I'm suffering from Obsessive Posting Disorder this week as I'm working at home, but just a couple quick things...

Peacemaker, I just re-read your post from yesterday and realize I jumped down your throat about ignominy and egnimatic and ignoramus and all that. Apparently I missed the top part you wrote in italics, and I see now that you weren't trying to prove Gary said ignominy. Sorry. Please just chalk it up to my extended visit to crazytown listening to your "master's" fear mongering and taking notes. Well, I guess I was also irritated that the pronunciation was the only thing you were focused on as opposed to the total insanity of the seminar. So that's that.

And also, believe it or not I missed citing some significant fear mongering examples at the end of the talk when I was all crazied out and ready to be done with it. But I'll save those for another day. You get the picture.

Old 09-09-2010, 02:00 PM

309 posts, read 579,856 times
I was reading another forum - and a reference was made to this one and read the last couple pages and noticed that I am even now still referenced, I think it was as the biggest Dip**** Chela there is or something like that. For the sake of truth and for others to provide you a fun target for your day, I thought an update was in order.

After the 2cd initiation last year I must say I am still not only satisfied with my involvment in MP but quite pleased and joyfull about it.

For what I guess many here would call a stoned out ignorant old man who chops up words - I find Gary's teachings, especially drawn to the lectures and tapes, to be full of insight and simply quite beautiful at times. Nothing has advanced my spiritual path in 50 something years as much as the past few years with MP.

That would include the year or so I was one of you, one the detractors so to speak, who after deciding to dig in, to be credible and actually know what I was talking about when I cut MP/Gary
down, and instead in that investigation I came to find the end of my spiritual searching.

So far I have found none of the downsides that others peak of, like taking me away from familly, out of the world, etc, in fact MP and my studies have had quite the opposite effect in my life, enrichment and growth.

Of course thats just my experience and being a relative newbie, 4 years, so maybe I'll be one of those people who doesn't realize and become bitter until a decade or so has gone by. As of now I can just say, if i stop and look at now compared to then, my 'life' is better with MP, Gary and Garji then it ever has been. It's really that simple.

...Though I am not in MP for improving my life, that is to me a side affect. This is spiritual issue for me, - though what that means - 'spiritual' is a whole nutter discussion, so I talk about it in terms of my life and quality but do hesitate to set that as some standard.

I do wish everyone find the same kind of place in thier life, whatever path they take.

Last edited by allan1015; 09-09-2010 at 03:08 PM..

Old 09-09-2010, 04:02 PM

33,502 posts, read 37,019,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allan1015 View Post
Of course thats just my experience and being a relative newbie, 4 years, so maybe I'll be one of those people who doesn't realize and become bitter until a decade or so has gone by. As of now I can just say, if i stop and look at now compared to then, my 'life' is better with MP, Gary and Garji then it ever has been. It's really that simple.
Why do you suppose that is allan? Do you think it is because you no longer have to make those tough decisions yourself? Thinking is hard, but it sure beats being a sheep.

Old 09-09-2010, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Why do you suppose that is allan? Do you think it is because you no longer have to make those tough decisions yourself? Thinking is hard, but it sure beats being a sheep.
Is there a question in there? You made it almost rehtorical. I cant tell yet if your just interested in making your point or asking a question? Assuming some amount of honest inquiry let me answer - Do I suppose that my 'life' is 'better' (subjective terms as they are) because I dont have to make decisions or think?

No.

Is that what bothers you about guru lead paths, that people give up thier ability to think clearly or independently? Loss of control and all that?

Last edited by allan1015; 09-09-2010 at 06:46 PM..

Old 09-09-2010, 06:34 PM

Violet11, anon, whatever - applogy accepted, forgivness abounds.

Though given time it takes to write and read, Dip**** is fine as shorethand in the future.

>>I wondered how chelas are still able to shrug off such outright insanity as the bird flu tape

Still after what a year or so of deep focus on that lecturte? Wow. Did you find an answer in your wonderings?

>> it might be part of your karma to follow a false guru for a period of many years. That way when you finally come to your senses and realize you were brainwashed, you will finally understand what it felt like for others.

It might well be.

If it is, if I think about it, I find I am happy as a clam - I mean it seems that I've started to fulfill my karmic destiny. If that is to be my life experience, if it fulfills my karma, would that not be a blessing? I mean if you believe in karma, shouldnt we actually cherish the fulfillment, the completion, the burning off of it? So that next life I dont have to go through, repeat such a lesson again?

As it is, I've no doubt that I have much pain, discomfort, and a whole range of undesired experiences ahead of me, as well as a whole range of I guess we call positive experieces as well. Such experience seem to be part of any 'path' with growth, maturity, expansion, etc.

Last edited by allan1015; 09-09-2010 at 06:45 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.