Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2008, 12:29 PM

5 posts, read 10,827 times

Advertisements

i everyine I am trying to spread the "Good News" and am going to go for my counseling degree its the only thing I am good at I will help anyone through anything. Please visit my page at
MySpace.com - Saved By His Grace Only - 27 - Female - Florida - www.myspace.com/savedbyhisgraceonly

Old 09-17-2008, 01:41 PM

1,461 posts, read 3,651,981 times
I think we need lots of Christian counselors. Just talking to someone doesn't solve their problems. They need the truth of God's word to change their lives. I'm almost 60 and have thought about taking some classes through a bible college to be a counselor. I taught at a university and have retired and our church would like to offer more counseling. I think it sounds like a positive line of work.

Old 09-18-2008, 04:16 PM

4,904 posts, read 6,014,889 times
I find notion that someone needs 'the truth of God's word to change their lives' to be rather suspicious. How is a divine entity so much more helpful than a human being. Why is 'god' necessary to change someone's life. Why are people not able to solve your problems.

Old 09-18-2008, 04:22 PM

3,032 posts, read 8,919,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by agnostic soldier View Post
I find notion that someone needs 'the truth of God's word to change their lives' to be rather suspicious. How is a divine entity so much more helpful than a human being. Why is 'god' necessary to change someone's life. Why are people not able to solve your problems.
Some people are incapable of solving their own problems without thinking that there's some sort of higher power at work. As long as they're not bothering me, I don't have a problem with someone else believing in a fantasy.

Old 09-18-2008, 04:40 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,622,146 times
Well I will give you credit for the artwork in the upper right hand corner of your page which appears to be a pretty hot female angel whose wings as well as clothing seem to be falling off.

Old 09-18-2008, 05:05 PM

Location: In the North Idaho woods, still surrounded by terriers
2,179 posts, read 7,018,586 times
Christian counselors are good for Christian people or those who want that sort of counseling, but I have found in my years of working with non-Christians, most people already know the answers to their problems, they kust need a sounding board to help them see it. A really affective counselor listens more than speaks.

Old 09-30-2008, 05:36 AM

5 posts, read 10,827 times
Well I can see there are a few NON-believers in here, that is ok God says it is not my job to judge you only to love you. I do pray that you find the truth God is not a fantasy, he is real and very loving, I have seen the goodness God has to offer in my darkest hours when I thought life couldnt go on I FELT the love and power of God not anyone or anything else just him. I cannot make you believe that is the amazing thing about faith its not something I can give you but something YOU must have. I truley pray you find God. Can I just ask you all where do you think all this came from I know some believe in all those "big bang" and "evolution" things but do you really think it was that simple that you arent so great that God planned YOU! He LOVES YOU and everything about you, all your faults, and you failures, all your goodness, and love. He is not as the world is he is not condeming but forgiving and mabey you dont believe in him because you are afraid of these TRUTHS. As far as the "naked" girl if you were as open as you seem to think you are you would understand its not a "naked girl" but a angel representing you an I with a broken wing just as you and I have broken wings and she is shedding all her clothing just as we should and outstreatched twords God just as you and I should. Where the world and all it has to offer fails you God will never fail......
As far as the "christian counseling" I am christian BASED meaning that my main goal is to help people in need with the love and understanding and yes LISTENING and just accepting that GOD gave me he blessed me with such a gentle soul and I am truley a loving and understaning person and this is whi I am choosing to counsel but if I can save just one person and give them the relief God has given me then I have became a successful counselor. Please feel free to keep the opinions coming I can take them and and thankful for them. God bless you all and please try and be open minded and believe that there IS a God who loves you so much... until next time.. also you can email me at jnajanides@bellsouth.net if you would like to talk
Love to you all......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality