Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2008, 11:14 AM

3,040 posts, read 4,998,605 times

Advertisements

This series of books were written by Baird T Spalding in the first half of the 1900s.
If you have read these I would be interested in your opinion about them. If you haven't read them, and desire to do so, then be ready to have your reality shattered.

A friend of mine gave me the series to read, his only advice to me, before you start reading these get rid of any preconceived ideas of Western religion and just read the book open minded.

These completely blew away my old ideas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2008, 01:03 AM

1 posts, read 5,221 times
I am currantly reading them and on the third volume. I am really enjoying them. They do put a whole new meaning on reality and I would love to hear from someone that actually experienced something that these books talk about.

Old 08-31-2009, 08:09 PM

2 posts, read 5,486 times
I am very familiar with these books; my sister spent several years in the late seventies involved in a cult based in Denver Colorado centered on these books. They are, sadly, entirely imaginary and a hoax. Spalding first went to India in 1934, 11 years after publishing the first volume. Tibet was closed to outsiders for the entire 19th century and all attempts to penetrate by westerners are well recorded. Please do not fall for this.

Old 12-05-2009, 07:58 AM

1 posts, read 4,666 times
I have read these several times and am going through again after having been a student of the Course in Miracles for awhile. It is very interesting to now see how the similarities in Truths set down by Jesus and Buddha are expressed. As for the possibility that this was a hoax, there was no money in it in those days, but a lot of people since the 50's, nice Christians I'm sure, have wanted to discredit these books. Don't be misled by naysayers...just read.
I had a curious experience with these books in 1979. A doctor friend of mine had given me a set without Book 1. I put them on the shelf and they sat until I moved to Chicago. Packing my books I took down from the top shelf these then four volumes and cleaned an inch of dust off them. After pulling down the four familiar little books I noticed a fifth. I grabbed it, it was book 1...and it didn't have a lick of dust on it. I was flabberghasted. No one lived with me. Leonard was long gone from town. Yup, it manifested itself. And of course, I sat down and started the book right then and there. Once one starts it, the tale of wonder and spiritual ideas takes over.

Last edited by Saysef; 12-05-2009 at 08:00 AM.. Reason: grammar

Old 12-07-2009, 01:30 PM

3,040 posts, read 4,998,605 times
I think that it isn't so much about who wrote these books or when they were written, it's the content of the books and what you take away from them. I will agree that some of the things written in these books are hard to wrap your mind around, but that shouldn't detour you from reading them. I can think of other well know books that offer the same mystic.

Old 03-12-2010, 08:23 PM

2 posts, read 4,964 times
This is the first time I have been on this sight. I hope I am able to return. Am not very computer litterate. I was loaned a set and told, These things and greater you too shall perform... The experience presented to you is similar to mine where a book printed in purple ink about Saint Germain presented itself to me and although printed in the nineteen thirties appeared in fresh ink. I don't know if it is appropriate but my email is [EMAIL="Larrypuddymama@aol.com"]Larrypuddymama@aol.com[/EMAIL] otherwise I hope to meet you here. Thank You

Old 03-14-2010, 04:12 PM

2 posts, read 8,179 times
Default the life and teachings

These books, if they have come into your life, is because you have decided to leave this world and live completely in the spiritual world. This world is illusion. If these books have come to you, then you already know this world is illusion. You are simply trying to once again realize yourself as you truly are, not human but spirit. It does not matter how these books came into being, or what experiences took place for them to materialize into your hands. But, be assured your brought them to yourself. There is only one life and this one life is God. And you are that one life. You and God are one. You are the eternal life right now. You live in an eternal life right now. But, you do not see it with your natural eyes, you must receive it by faith and it will maternalize into your experience. You will experience who you are, once you accept who you are and always have been. Shut your natural eyes and refuse to accept sickness, disease, sin, lack, poverty, pain, suffering, hardship, chaos, and even death. Refuse to allow your consciousness to dwell in the world of these natural physical things. Do it right now. Know that you are a part of the only life (that is God) and know right now that life is manifesting wholeness, completeness, peace, harmony, abundance, life, freedom. It is taking place right now and you do not have to create it. It was created for you from time beginning. You only have to receive it. Receive it and it will begin to pour through you. Without your own effort or work. Don't seek to create anything. This is not the way. The way is already complete. It is finished. Simply receive that it is done and you shall have whatever you desire. God manifests always. Believe and it will come to you. You are it and always have been . You are not a seeker of the light, you are the light. You are not seeking to know, you already know. You are not seeking to be wealthy, you already are. You are as you have believed. This is the Kingdom of God within and it has already been created and exists for your even now. Today is the day of your salvation, if you will cease from your labors and receive with joy your own fullness. You are the way, the truth and the life. You are the door and the gate. You are one with the Father and all that he has is yours and always has been.

Do not think about attracting by "ANY" law what you would desire. You do not need to create a law that you must abide by, because you are the law maker. Only receive that it is yours and life will manifest all that is yours. Why would you create a law, that you must obey or fail? Success at receiving has always been yours, because what you desire is yours right now. You do not have to create it or attract it. You can not attract what you already are or what is already yours. You are not becoming, you are. I AM is the only way. I AM is the gate, the way, the truth, the life.

Stop living the life that you have always lived, right now! Finish it. Proclaim your new life and live in it and it will manifest before your very eyes. It is yours right now, just receive. Refuse to live in any other world but the Kingdom of God and you shall have it. All that the father has is yours and always has been, receive it. Receive the one life and allow it to manifest through your heart, all that you have desired. It is the Father's desire to give you his kingdom.

YE SHALL KNOW THE TRUTH AND THE TRUTH WILL SET YOU FREE: THE TRUTH THAT SETS YOU FREE IS "YOU ARE ALREADY FREE" Lillian DeWaters

These books, have come to you, to remind you. Awake and live right now!

Last edited by lifeexpressing; 03-14-2010 at 04:23 PM..

Old 04-18-2010, 12:16 PM

1 posts, read 4,013 times
Timeless love of the Beautiful and the Good. Self realization is the awakening and release of the beautiful that has always been here and no where else.
Having read these wonderful books in the 70's, I am delighted to be reading them again. I can hear Esther Hicks and many others echoed in this ancient wisdom.
If one has ever experienced a divine revelation directly, then you know first hand and know the Truth when you meet it. It comes from the Source from which we are.

Old 04-18-2010, 02:49 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,175,776 times
It isn't surprising at all that Jesus and Buddha promoted many of the same ideas. There are only so many ways one can attempt to sell the same old snake oil. Not that they are completely without value, but don't fall for the mystical bologna. Philosophy is one thing, but rejection of reality is another. If the world is an illusion, then so are you, and how does that leave you feeling better?

Old 04-19-2010, 05:42 PM

2 posts, read 8,179 times
Catman,
you are correct. you are very much real. you are more real than anything you can see or touch with your natural eyes or natural hands. but, the world that you call real (the natural world) is illusion. It appears solid and real only to the extent that you choice to see it as such. It is very much illusionary and changeable based on your own preception. It will appear to you as you believe, because the real you is not flesh and bones. The real you is spirit and always has been and always will be. To the point that you begin to accept that, is to the point that you will be freed from the natural world and all its stuff. Stuff being pain, suffering and sorrow. But, you are always free to believe whatever you choose. There is no good or bad, there is only what you believe. As you choose to stop believing or loose your own beliefs for higher beliefs, your world will change accordingly. You will experience the change in the world that you believe is real. It will occur. You will by that knowledge release that you are free and always have been from any plagues or problems that you have believed. Loose those things that do not serve you and replace them with a higher way and that higher way will appear, in the world you now think as real. Choose this day to be free or choose not. It has always been your own choice. Choose. If you will choose, you will clearly see the illusion. At first this is extremely difficult, for you have many untruths to overcome. But, if you will began to believe that you are the master of your own world and that nothing has power over you at all and you begin to apply that truth, you will see and experience wonderous results. You are the power to change your world, but you must change your mind. Your mind must begin to take on the freedom, that you already possess as spirit. You are free. Eternally free. Receive it or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality