U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-23-2009, 04:49 PM
 
Location: egypt
1,215 posts, read 1,367,096 times
Reputation: 158

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
Honor killings? Is it not possible that some zealous muslims could decide to carry out the punishment themselves?
well , then christianity not that worth to them to die for it !!!!!!!

if i was in your position i will not feel proud that thousands of christians (from muslims ) hide thier faith fear of death
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-23-2009, 04:51 PM
 
4,669 posts, read 1,669,838 times
Reputation: 409
Quote:
Originally Posted by elwill View Post
well , then christianity not that worth to them to die for it !!!!!!!

if i was in your position i will not feel proud that thousands of christians (from muslims ) hide thier faith fear of death

LOL. How many converts to islam do you think you'd have if they knew that even considering it would give you the death penalty by an angry mob?

Fact of the matter is, if you read the New Testament, the church grew the fastest in times of persecution. It's always been that way. The name-only Christians who only go to church because they think it's a nice service wouldn't be going if they thought they'd face a bunch of angry jihadists on the way out the door.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-23-2009, 05:01 PM
 
Location: egypt
1,215 posts, read 1,367,096 times
Reputation: 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
LOL. How many converts to islam do you think you'd have if they knew that even considering it would give you the death penalty by an angry mob?

Fact of the matter is, if you read the New Testament, the church grew the fastest in times of persecution. It's always been that way. The name-only Christians who only go to church because they think it's a nice service wouldn't be going if they thought they'd face a bunch of angry jihadists on the way out the door.
wow , then anger of muslims prevent muslims to convert into christianity !!!

try your best then to keep the christians in thier faith , you have another fight with former christians athiests

Good luck
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-23-2009, 06:17 PM
 
2 posts, read 2,711 times
Reputation: 12
this was a point i had made. i was confronted w/ a 40 lashes option, and told that if that were not successful, death would be the next step. and also, i remind you brother, that Omar perpetrated those 40 lashes on his own son, for his own sins, and his son died of a result of that. My other point is that the reaction to even questioning islam among the culture of islam is a very dangerous practice indeed. as i said, i do not tell the refugee families that i work with everyday that i was a muslim. i had made that mistake before and had to move to another city to protect my daughters. these people will find you, they hurt or even kill you, and they will be completely unemotional about it.
and elwill, i will also remind you that i have never in my life lived in a majority muslim country or city. in fact, i was born in the southern USA. there may be no shariah law in france, but you and i know both know that it is there in the communities. remember, islam also tells you not to be a hypocrite but then says that you can fool kufar by living a life incongruant to the teachings of islam specifically for the purpose of lying to non-muslims. either way you cut it, all one really needs to do is read the information and they will see for themselves that islam is a two-faced religion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-04-2012, 06:55 PM
 
1 posts, read 599 times
Reputation: 10
It is probably unknown to most that Indonesia actually allows the conversion of Muslims to Christianity. You can see proof for such a conversion on faith-indonesia.com. It is documented by ID cards.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-04-2012, 08:22 PM
 
Location: Holiday, FL
1,577 posts, read 833,409 times
Reputation: 1121
Quote:
Originally Posted by elwill View Post
wow , then anger of muslims prevent muslims to convert into christianity !!!

try your best then to keep the christians in thier faith , you have another fight with former christians athiests

Good luck
You're wrong. There is not fight. We don't STONE each other. We do have discussions. An exchange of thoughts and ideas... And even arguments, but no fights.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-04-2012, 09:50 PM
 
Location: Marion, North Dakota
10,854 posts, read 4,445,017 times
Reputation: 4276
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
Hey elwill...under sharia law is it not true that someone converting from islam to another reason should be killed?


Do you disagree with a fellow muslim in post #26 this thread:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/relig...shariah-3.html

"The apostate is not to be put to death immediately after he falls into apostasy, especially if his apostasy happens because of some doubt that arose. Rather he should be asked to repent and he should be offered the opportunity to return to Islam and resolve his doubts, if he has any doubts. Then if he persists in his apostasy after that, he is to be put to death."
What Madhab of sharia did tht come from? The Sunni recognise 4 Madhabs of Sharia and that is not in any of them. That may be coming from Wahabbi, Salafi or Jafa'ari
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-05-2012, 10:53 AM
 
11 posts, read 10,817 times
Reputation: 15
It's prohibited to leave Islam
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-05-2012, 11:26 AM
 
Location: Marion, North Dakota
10,854 posts, read 4,445,017 times
Reputation: 4276
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Lee View Post
It's prohibited to leave Islam
It is prohibited, However it is not considered a Hadud Crime by the 4 Madhabs of Maliki, Hanafi, Hanbali and Shafi'i None of which call for any punishment for apostasy unless it is accompanied by another crime.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-05-2012, 11:37 AM
 
Location: Victoria, BC.
24,986 posts, read 18,582,885 times
Reputation: 9893
Depending of where you live, simply being the "wrong kind" of Muslin is dangerous...

BBC News - Iraq: Bombings in Baghdad and Nasiriya kill scores
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top