Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Adam and Eve had two sons. Whom did they marry and have children with?
Thats filthy, Dirty lie! 3 10.71%
Technically, theri fathers rib. 2 7.14%
Eve, the original MILF. 5 17.86%
Their kid sisters, it was ok with god then. 18 64.29%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2008, 02:23 PM

1,736 posts, read 2,105,826 times

Advertisements

We all follow a God.

God, to me, is a title somewhat like King.

It is the philosophy that is important in following any God. We cannot follow Jesus, we can only follow His philosophy.

The same with Government philosophy, be it democracy or the other flavours.

God or Government philosophy, they all offer a better way of life if only every one would get on board.

Lets all pray to God because the first God was a man and with luck the last.

Regards
DL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2008, 06:13 PM

1,897 posts, read 3,492,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oren View Post
I want to call you on this...

Gen 1:28, God made human beings. Gen 2:5, God created Adam and Eve. I'm just throwin this out there, but doesn't this mean that God created people to be fruitfuly and multiply and then created Adam and Eve seperatly? Which would mean...there were people already inhibiting the earth before Adam and Eve were cast out of the garden of eden. I'm supposing these inhibitants are who their offspring mated with.
Oren: Why was there not found a mate for him among all those you believe came before him (Gen. 2:20)? Why is Eve alone called the "mother of all living" (Gen. 3:20). Why does Genesis 5 begin with just the "generations of Adam?" Also, have you considered the genealogy of Joseph found in Luke 3 which traces his lineage back to Adam?

Paul speaks of death reigning "from Adam to Moses" (Rom. 5:14). And again, in 1 Corinthians 15:22 Paul says, "in Adam all die." Notice especially 1 Corinthians 15:22. Later he adds, "the first man, Adam, was made a living soul" (1 Corinthians 15:45)--See also verse 47: "The first man is of the earth, earthy."

As I said before, given the number of years that Adam and Eve lived and the command given to them to fill the earth, I have no difficulty in accepting that Adam and Eve, over the years, had many children who left their fold and began their own families. If at one point in time such a thing was not declared by God to be sin, then it was not sin. But at the moment is says "stop!--no longer do that" (for whatever reason He is totally privileged to have), it becomes a violation of His law and an abomination to Him.

That's my take on it for what it's worth!

Preterist

Old 10-06-2008, 09:26 PM

5,826 posts, read 9,608,011 times
I believe that everyone is basing their opinion on this subject on one book. I don't think that any one book has all the facts, all the miracles and all the details in it.

Since Adam and Eve were created long before the written word came into being, it is possible that details - crucial details - were left out. God created Eve. There is mention if that was the only time He created someone new. Logic would dictate that that miracle was repeated many more times. It just didn't get translated into the book that way.

That's just my theory.

I didn't partake of the poll because it is clearly biased.

And one more thing, I don't know what MILF means. I looked it up and am still unclear considering how it is used.

To not believe what someone else believes is one thing. To turn what someone else believes into something dirty or evil just because you don't understand it is rather juvenile.

Belief in a God or the Bible - or any written reference you choose - is the right of every individual. You are allowed to believe what you believe and are not required to explain your view to me or anyone else. Those of us with faith will pray for you, no matter what you say or do. This is not a bad thing, it's just what faithful people do.

Old 10-06-2008, 09:45 PM

12,015 posts, read 11,290,327 times
Don't feed the troll.
Attached Thumbnails
who did addam and eve's kids marry?-troll.png  

Old 10-09-2008, 08:48 AM

1,186 posts, read 2,250,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesusiscominglookbusy View Post
who did they marry?
EVE and ADM were the only human being in the earth
and at that time it was legal and necessary for the brother to marry his sister

but there was a special case and and a special rule

the case was
EVE give birth a male and a female at the same time

and they are not allowed to get married

but the male should marry the female from the next pregnancy
And vice versa

of course this case and rule is by ALLAH

and after some time ALLAH forbid the marriage of brothers and sisters

Old 10-09-2008, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsun View Post
EVE and ADM were the only human being in the earth
and at that time it was legal and necessary for the brother to marry his sister

but there was a special case and and a special rule

the case was
EVE give birth a male and a female at the same time

and they are not allowed to get married

but the male should marry the female from the next pregnancy
And vice versa

of course this case and rule is by ALLAH

and after some time ALLAH forbid the marriage of brothers and sisters
Nice to add whatever you want to the old scriptures. Flexible laws are good. Here today gone tomorow. Is it any wonder then that God Himself breaks His own laws of killing humans.

Did He repeal that law the days of the flood? Is that why God is without sin, He just changes the rules to suit.

Regards
DL

Old 10-09-2008, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceT View Post
I believe that everyone is basing their opinion on this subject on one book. I don't think that any one book has all the facts, all the miracles and all the details in it.

Since Adam and Eve were created long before the written word came into being, it is possible that details - crucial details - were left out. God created Eve. There is mention if that was the only time He created someone new. Logic would dictate that that miracle was repeated many more times. It just didn't get translated into the book that way.

That's just my theory.

And one more thing, I don't know what MILF means. I looked it up and am still unclear considering how it is used.

To not believe what someone else believes is one thing. To turn what someone else believes into something dirty or evil just because you don't understand it is rather juvenile.

Belief in a God or the Bible - or any written reference you choose - is the right of every individual. You are allowed to believe what you believe and are not required to explain your view to me or anyone else. Those of us with faith will pray for you, no matter what you say or do. This is not a bad thing, it's just what faithful people do.
If you believe a certain thing then it should stand the test of reason.
This is why I make fun of those who believe in talking snakes.

It is my responsibility and duty to God to try and lead souls to Him.

You nor any one else cannot see the truth of God if it is based on the supernatural and talking snakes.

I had a young nephew who thought that Indians ate white people. His father did not correct this weird thinking. I did. This was as right to do as mock the talking snake.

Regards
DL

Old 10-09-2008, 10:12 AM

2,595 posts, read 4,439,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceT View Post

That's just my theory.

MILF is a secular acronym. It means Mother-I'd-Like-to-F***. I think it began from the Movie: American Pie. But, I am not sure. It refers to someone else's Mother that a young man would still want to have sex with.

Old 10-09-2008, 03:32 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,623,378 times
Nikk wrote:
Quote:
MILF is a secular acronym. It means Mother-I'd-Like-to-F***.
Any you know this because why?

Old 10-09-2008, 05:30 PM

1,242 posts, read 2,460,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
But don't you guys say the bible is fact, especially when spewing hatred about homosexuals?
Seems that the bible is spot on only when it says what you want it to.
The hypocrisy is endless.

Not all Christians take the Bible as literal truth. Those that do are called fundamentalists. In RCIA (Catholic) we are taught that many of the stories in the old testament are myths based on truths. We are supposed to look for the underlying story.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality