Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2007, 11:48 AM

3,570 posts, read 8,717,788 times

Advertisements

Why is it accepted in our society to slam Christians, but if you speak out about not agreeing with gays, Muslims or any other group you're deemed as a hateful Christian?

I get so tired of people slamming my faith, making fun of my faith and saying that I'm an idiot for believing on faith that God created the earth, that Jesus died for my sins and that there is as heaven and a hell.

And people who mock those of us who are "born again". What's that all about? They choose not to try and understand what born again means. Here's the meaning: it's not a physical rebirth. It's a spiritual one. We are made up of a body and spirit. When you are born again, it means your spirit comes alive and is in union (tune) with God.

Instead of slamming Christians, mocking us and crying that we are hateful because we disagree with another person or community's life choices, please realize you are doing the same thing to us.
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2007, 12:24 PM

1,281 posts, read 2,367,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosier67 View Post
Instead of slamming Christians, mocking us and crying that we are hateful because we disagree with another person or community's life choices, please realize you are doing the same thing to us.
Oh yes, they love to slam Christians by picketing churches denouncing the beliefs as invalid. They like to sit idly by as politicians who claim Christianity as their belief try to legislate those beliefs over others. They choose not to debate the Christians who hold up the bible as the absolute truth of our existence and to deny the validity of science.

There wouldn’t be a problem with Christians, or any other religion for that matter, if they would only live by their beliefs and not trying to force it over others.

I love your last statement, it’s really like saying “don’t hate me for my lifestyle because I hate yours”.

Old 02-11-2007, 12:47 PM

1,155 posts, read 3,332,782 times
What goes around, comes around.

Quote:
Why is it accepted in our society to slam Christians, but if you speak out about not agreeing with gays, Muslims or any other group you're deemed as a hateful Christian?

I get so tired of people slamming my faith, making fun of my faith and saying that I'm an idiot for believing on faith that God created the earth, that Jesus died for my sins and that there is as heaven and a hell.

And people who mock those of us who are "born again". What's that all about? They choose not to try and understand what born again means. Here's the meaning: it's not a physical rebirth. It's a spiritual one. We are made up of a body and spirit. When you are born again, it means your spirit comes alive and is in union (tune) with God.

Old 02-11-2007, 12:56 PM

Default Hate is not the issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by madicarus2000 View Post
There wouldn’t be a problem with Christians, or any other religion for that matter, if they would only live by their beliefs and not trying to force it over others.

I love your last statement, it’s really like saying “don’t hate me for my lifestyle because I hate yours”.
Not every Christian is like the ones you see in the news. Unfortunately they can give the rest of us a bad reputation. Many of us live by our beliefs, however the media isn't interested in portraying that. The line goes, "if it bleeds, it leads."

There are many people who try and force their beliefs on others...case in point the state of California mandating that at the kindergartener level, children must begin learning about the gay lifestyle. Of course it's masked as "diversity". It's masked as "tolerance". Why should my chlidren be forced by the state to learn something that is against our beliefs?

History shows that our nation was founded on Christian principles. I believe there are very few people in Washington who will stand up for what is right in the eyes of God. There are some, but few in contrast to how many are there. Maybe they will stand up for what is right because of society, but not God. That is my opinion only based on what I've seen and read in the media.

And never did I say that I hate any other lifestyle. I said that I'm tired of being slammed by people who do not share and choose to understand the Christian faith. I didn't say you have to agree or accept my faith. When I brought in gays and Muslims I was saying they of all people should be tolerant since they continually scream for the rest of the country to be tolerant of them. Hate was never an issue, and isn't. I accept all people for who they are, and love them unconditionally as best I can as a fallen human.

Old 02-11-2007, 12:56 PM

1,904 posts, read 2,439,504 times
It has much to do with hypocrisy. If Jesus is love, then nothing should come from a Christian except love.
It has to do with self righteousness, if a person says, you must believe as I do or you are damned, then that person is rightfully subject to scorn.
If Christian say one thing, yet do another, they paint the whole tribe.

Consider this; believe as you wish, but do not talk about your beliefs, if they are worth anything the life you lead will be a sufficent witness.

It has much to do with exclusivity, believe as I do, or you are damned is pretty darned egotistical.

Why would you "disagree with another person or community's life choices" ?

What gives you the right to do so? God? Doubt it.

Old 02-11-2007, 12:59 PM

1,904 posts, read 2,439,504 times
Quote:
case in point the state of California mandating that at the kindergartener level, children must begin learning about the gay lifestyle. Of course it's masked as "diversity". It's masked as "tolerance". Why should my chlidren be forced by the state to learn something that is against our beliefs?
This is interesting, never heard of such a thing, Please state your source. As for being forced to learn something that is against your beliefs, Do you have a problem with tolerance? Jesus didn't. "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone."

Old 02-11-2007, 01:04 PM

172 posts, read 309,316 times
Quote:
Why should my chlidren be forced by the state to learn something that is against our beliefs?
That question is an absolute no-brainer.

Why do you oppose understanding other lifestyles and viewpoints? Surely if your faith is strong and your conviction true, then you should have no problem exploring the world outside of your belief system.

What do you fear?

Old 02-11-2007, 01:05 PM

10,203 posts, read 27,113,560 times
I'm not going to tell anyone how to run their life, or what to believe.

Others have already said it, "to each our own."

Old 02-11-2007, 01:18 PM

I never tell anyone to believe as I do. Never have, never will. I know many people who do and it's sad that they choose to condemn others. And I agree with you completely that the life I lead is definitely a witness moreso than my words. But to tell me I shouldn't talk about my faith to others is wrong. My life will hopefully speak to others about who I am, but there are definitely times to share my faith with those who are interested in hearing it. If they don't want to hear, then I don't share.

I'm not asking anyone to join my church or denomination. It's not about that. It's about believing and trusting in God. If you don't believe in God or care about that part of life, then that is truly your decision and I respect that completely.

And yes, Jesus is love but many people stop there and condemn Christians because they're "not loving". If you read the New Testament you will see that many times Jesus rebuked people because they were not doing what was right in the sight of God.

Old 02-11-2007, 01:18 PM

10,203 posts, read 27,113,560 times
Actually, I want to answer this question with more thought and sincerity.

This country is primarily Christian, and I don't generally or often "slam them" or "bash them" but in this(these) rabid with hatred forum and with fundamental Christianity on the rise, to the point that it is practically biblical (no pun intended) - those of us who are not reborn have to defend ourselves.

It is the insistence that the might of the right is right that makes me angry. If I say it is day, and you say, no it is night--you are invalidating my beliefs.

If you continue to invalidate my beliefs, you leave me very few choices--I am chosing to fight back.

Stop prostyletizing and start walking the talk--tolerance, peace and justice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality