U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2007, 05:57 PM

8,581 posts, read 8,935,513 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyHateMachine View Post
You're sick! I was wondering when one of you would say something so idiotic. When everything else fails, equate homosexuality to beastiality.

You get REAL!
It is sick and I am not equating it I am just pointing out how ridicules the rational is!

Old 03-28-2007, 06:00 PM

10,017 posts, read 16,711,438 times
beastiality is a choice and a freaked out one at that, just like necorphelia (sp), being gay isnt, so no the rationale isnt ridicules at all.

Old 03-28-2007, 06:02 PM

279 posts, read 1,039,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBNN View Post
I think your addressing this to me.......
I never asked you if you believe in Adam and Eve. we were talking about God. If were talking about God then looking in the bible is a great place to start
No I wasnt addressing it to you, lol. I dont read the bible and I dont go to church.

I do believe in a higher source but even that is pushing it.

Old 03-28-2007, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
beastiality is a choice and a freaked out one at that, just like necorphelia (sp), being gay isnt, so no the rationale isnt ridicules at all.
why is one a choice and the other isnt?

Old 03-28-2007, 06:05 PM

2,967 posts, read 1,659,223 times
I guess that is where we part company. . the fact that Christians see homosexuality as a choice. We are not animals, we can choose to engage in behavior that is against God's laws, we can choose to harm our bodies in many ways with lifestyle choices. If one refuses to accept the fact the the homosexual lifetyle is a choice then I guess it is useless to debate the issue further because this is the crux of where we differ.

Old 03-28-2007, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
why is one a choice and the other isnt?
Something in the Genes, I guess the others could be considered a born with trait since they both deal with mental disorders.

Old 03-28-2007, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky1 View Post
I guess that is where we part company. . the fact that Christians see homosexuality as a choice. We are not animals, we can choose to engage in behavior that is against God's laws, we can choose to harm our bodies in many ways with lifestyle choices. If one refuses to accept the fact the the homosexual lifetyle is a choice then I guess it is useless to debate the issue further because this is the crux of where we differ.
I think it is more of Christians ignore science and it's findings. So homosexuality being a choice isnt a fact, it is a Christian belief.

Old 03-28-2007, 06:13 PM

4,406 posts, read 5,324,834 times
Quote:
I agree 100%. The trouble is that in order for a Christian to accept that homosexuals are born gay, they'd have to abandon their religion. People would rather adhere to their religion than listen to reason and evidence. That's why we're on 300+ posts and nothing's resolved! Thank you, spunky1.

Old 03-28-2007, 06:19 PM

54,283 posts, read 38,354,153 times
Quote:

We are not animals? So I guess you don't accept evolution?

Old 03-28-2007, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
I think it is more of Christians ignore science and it's findings. So homosexuality being a choice isnt a fact, it is a Christian belief.
Ok lets try this, take god ,religion and christianity out of it. people ,animals ,are born have evolved over millions of years by procreating two males or to females just dont help the species , it doesnt work. If a man that has a thoroughbred stallion worth hundreds of millions of dollars finds out that he likes the boy horses and wont breed the ladys, he is now worthless to him! Its not about religion! I would ask the homosexuals on here if you believe that you did not choose it does that mean you were born with some sort of defect?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality