Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2007, 12:51 PM

267 posts, read 533,608 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawgpz550 View Post
Here are 4 different translations of the same Bible text. For those who do not believe in the Bible...you might say "wow, look at all those different versions...you believe that stuff?" I say, yeah, there are a lot of different versions of the Bible and they ALL say the same thing, just in different words, but it still means the exact same thing.
For the believers that still believer you can be gay and go to Heaven...I agree God will be the one to judge, that is not my place...however, if you believe the Bible, shouldn't you believe THE WHOLE BIBLE and not just selected pieces? Shouldn't we stand for what the Bible DOES SAY and not try to be politically correct by cushioning and soft soaping the truth of what the Bible says? I would never turn my back on someone that was gay. Jesus says to love one another. There is also a saying to love the sinner, hate the sin.

If you believe in the Bible and what it says...you have to believe the WHOLE Bible, not just what you WANT to believe!

1 Corinithians 6:9-11

New International Version

9Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders 10nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. 11And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.

King James
9Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, 10Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God. 11And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

New King James
9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals,[a] nor sodomites, 10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God. 11 And such were some of you. But you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus and by the Spirit of our God.

Amplified

9Do you not know that the unrighteous and the wrongdoers will not inherit or have any share in the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived (misled): neither the impure and immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor those who participate in homosexuality,
10Nor cheats (swindlers and thieves), nor greedy graspers, nor drunkards, nor foulmouthed revilers and slanderers, nor extortioners and robbers will inherit or have any share in the kingdom of God.
11And such some of you were [once]. But you were washed clean (purified by a complete atonement for sin and made free from the guilt of sin), and you were consecrated (set apart, hallowed), and you were justified [pronounced righteous, by trusting] in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and in the [Holy] Spirit of our God.
--

The only one I can't rule out by the basis that homosexual is a modern word is <b> or effeminates</b>

So women won't be getting into heaven eh?

Sodomites. That would be a reference to the incident in Sodom where the two men were raped would it not? Well, would that not imply that rapists were going to Hell? Or at least that's my interpretation and the bible is open to interpretation is it not?

Old 04-26-2007, 12:54 PM

1,499 posts, read 4,832,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
I hope women who take the Bible literally are not here making pronouncements -- they are to remain silent according to the scriptures.
Again, another misconception and misrepresentation of Biblical truth. If you were a Christian, you would know that Christianity is probably the only religion out there that makes men and women partners in life with equal rights. Most other religions, such as Islam, condones and encourages abuse of women. Again, there is FACT to back it up... this is not a judgmental call.

But to try and say homosexuality is OK with the Bible is a distortion that is NOT up to interpretation. The Bible is clear and explicit with the fact that homosexuality is a sin.

And frankly, everyone knows homosexuality is non-conventional and wrong. That is why gays themselves say they live an "alternative lifestyle".

Old 04-26-2007, 12:54 PM

3,049 posts, read 8,908,098 times
no one who continues to practice sin without repentence--it applies to women as well, fornicators( sex outside the bonds of Holy matrimony--man to woman).

Old 04-26-2007, 12:55 PM

10,203 posts, read 27,120,494 times
I believe that hundreds of bible-believing, true Christians neither condone or condemn homosexuality and homosexuals. It isn't a question of re-visiting the bible, but rather updating our thinking to accommodate changes since some of the biblical scripture was written.

Many of the prohibitions, other than a homosexual lifestyle, are permissible.

I bet we all break one code or another of the word.

Old 04-26-2007, 12:59 PM

1,499 posts, read 4,832,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Virote View Post
--

So women won't be getting into heaven eh?
Where in the world are you getting this from??? You know Christian men and women share in everything, including salvation and marital rights.

Maybe in the Islamic Bible women won't go to heaven... I don't know. Islamic men have 70 virgins if they blow themselves up in marketplaces, so where do the 70 virgins come from? Or do the Islamic women become virgins and servants of men in the Muslim heaven??

I HONESTLY DON'T KNOW THAT MUCH ABOUT ISLAM. I have a great friend who is a former muslim, so he tells me stuff from time to time and teaches others about that religion compared to Christianity.

Old 04-26-2007, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post
LOL! What a deep statement. Dinosaurs ruined the bible for you...hehehe. I love that. I gotta use that sometime.

Interesting point and one worth digging deeper into, but the point you make is self-condemning I'm afraid, for one quote I've found regarding said lizard, opens up a whole new can on worms for you, I'm afraid.

Uh oh. That ain't supposed to be possible. What are we gonna do with this whole possibility of virgin birth?

I've actually found that the stuff that was left in the Bible kinda proves it wasn't messed with too much. I mean there's some stuff in there I'd rather have someone left out...some stuff that's difficult to deal with....but we have to deal with them and we do....and using your reasoning, why aren't some of you guy's apparent contradictions fixed? Think you're the first to see an apparent problem??? Ya'll (still southern, sorry) blow my mind with your doubt.

The arguments you bring up aren't yours. They aren't even new. And the ones we defend them with aren't either. Point is though, if men had a habit of screwing with the Word or God, somebody would have 'fixed' your arguments. They haven't. And they won't.

As a sidenote, the Bible is hard to grasp and deal with all the different scriptures and bring them into agreement with each other. However, the message of the gospel is clear. And the person and deity of Christ isn't hard to see. Maybe hard for some to accept, but the scriptures are clear there.

Sorry to be OT, but my posts on this thread addressing the topic are pretty clear.
I would think that they would reference it in genesis. Dinosaurs roaming the Earth is a bit of a big thing to leave out in the editing process.

Interesting to note on Whiptail lizards. Now, unless the Discovery Channel has lied to me the 'virgin birth' is stimulated and that's what I was getting at for an example of natural homosexuality. There are others and I will get them to you as speedily as I can.

You say 'messed with too much' So, you awknowledge that it could have been messed with?

Old 04-26-2007, 01:03 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,162,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirvana-Guy View Post
Again, another misconception and misrepresentation of Biblical truth. If you were a Christian, you would know that Christianity is probably the only religion out there that makes men and women partners in life with equal rights. Most other religions, such as Islam, condones and encourages abuse of women. Again, there is FACT to back it up... this is not a judgmental call.

But to try and say homosexuality is OK with the Bible is a distortion that is NOT up to interpretation. The Bible is clear and explicit with the fact that homosexuality is a sin.

And frankly, everyone knows homosexuality is non-conventional and wrong. That is why gays themselves say they live an "alternative lifestyle".
1 Corinthians 14:33-35 states, "...As in all the congregations of the saints, women should remain silent in the churches. They are not allowed to speak, but must be in submission, as the Law says. If they want to inquire about something, they should ask their own husbands at home; for it is disgraceful for a woman to speak in the church."

Old 04-26-2007, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirvana-Guy View Post
Where in the world are you getting this from??? You know Christian men and women share in everything, including salvation and marital rights.

Maybe in the Islamic Bible women won't go to heaven... I don't know. Islamic men have 70 virgins if they blow themselves up in marketplaces, so where do the 70 virgins come from? Or do the Islamic women become virgins and servants of men in the Muslim heaven??

I HONESTLY DON'T KNOW THAT MUCH ABOUT ISLAM. I have a great friend who is a former muslim, so he tells me stuff from time to time and teaches others about that religion compared to Christianity.
Had you read my entire post and the post I was replying too you would know where I was getting this from. But you didn't and that's rather insulting, Guy.

Now I was presented with biblical quotes. I ruled out all that included the word homosexual because it is a modern word and inapplicable. I chose the quote from the oldest version that said the effeminate meaning homosexuals would not inherit the kingdom of God.

Now my question to you is
Are women not effeminate? Define effeminate.

Last edited by Virote; 04-26-2007 at 01:12 PM.. Reason: additions

Old 04-26-2007, 01:05 PM

that is not christian, since God says we are not to change the word of God, Add to or take away from his word. we do not update what he has called immoral abomination. and it doesnt matter whether we break one code or another, its if we repent of our sin and follow the word of Christ to not continue to commit that sin.

if we update things we like or dont like, can we then update whether we can hate or not hate, care for the poor or let the poor and hungry die? which ones do we choose? Christianity is not a cafeteria where we get to pick the sins we like and make them not sins and keep the sins we like.

Either we follow his word or we reject it, but if reject His word and Rebel against His word, as it says in 1 Samuel 15:23--All who rebel against God will be cast into the lake of fire.

Old 04-26-2007, 01:08 PM

effeminates-homosexual, not feminine which is a woman.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality