U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 04-29-2007, 02:30 PM
 
Location: Pikeville, Ky.
13,416 posts, read 20,892,935 times
Reputation: 17468

Advertisements

I can't tell a gay christian from a straight christian, because I think it is very poor taste to introduce myself to someone by saying "Hi, I'm Bev, and I am heterosexual, how about you? And wasn't that a good sermon today?"

 
Old 04-29-2007, 03:08 PM
 
Location: Anywhere but here!
2,798 posts, read 8,988,907 times
Reputation: 1686
Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheroad View Post
Why is this such a conundrum?

Belief can be mutable, or pragmatic. If the person changes because their belief changes, one would assume some basic change occurred to permit their belief in Jesus to shift. If they change because of a pragmatic reason, marriage, they would be taught the Jewish faith, and follow Jewish rule, embracing another perspective.

It could just as easily be said, why did Paul become the man he was: he was Jewish!

But to truly understand why anyone converts, we'd have to ask them, not doubt them!
If one converts because they just stop believing, well...one would have to question their salvation to begin with, but that is not up to me...not even really questioning that.
I am more questioning the ones that choose to change or convert for marriage sake. You either belive in Jesus as the Messiah or you DON'T. Simple as that. You cannot believe that Jesus is the Messiah and then deny that just in order to marry. If you still believe in Jesus and His diety, then you didn't really truly "convert" and have therefore betrayed the spouse's family as well as their religious beliefs...that can't be good! If you do manage to convince yourself that Jesus was NOT the Messiah, then you deny Jesus and His deity. You simply cannot legitimately "convert" to a religion in order to "impress" someone. You cannot merely "convert" just because. You have to have reason to believe and have FAITH in order to be ANY religion. Does that make sense? You cannot say "I'm an Atheist...but I believe in God." It just doesn'r work that way. Atheists do not believe in God...right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreameyes View Post
I have to agree here. If you truly understand that Jesus is our Savior and died for us then how can you deny that? To me its like denying gravity exists.
Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky1 View Post
I'm right there with you. To any Christian this is unfathomable. To believe that Jesus is the Christ the Son of God, and then to say, Oh, never mind, I don't. . . It just doesn't compute.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildberries61 View Post
I have wondered this also. You have the Messiah now go back to finding HIM I'm
I'm glad i'm not the only one this doesn't make sense to.
 
Old 04-29-2007, 03:29 PM
 
Location: Anywhere but here!
2,798 posts, read 8,988,907 times
Reputation: 1686
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue62 View Post
I can't tell a gay christian from a straight christian, because I think it is very poor taste to introduce myself to someone by saying "Hi, I'm Bev, and I am heterosexual, how about you? And wasn't that a good sermon today?"
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
You are SOOOO right! There are some that are very open about it and make it well known, but for some, well yeah, I couldn't agree with you more!
 
Old 04-29-2007, 04:15 PM
 
Location: In an illegal immigrant free part of the country.
2,087 posts, read 1,006,597 times
Reputation: 382
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawgpz550 View Post
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
You are SOOOO right! There are some that are very open about it and make it well known, but for some, well yeah, I couldn't agree with you more!


We went out to eat at a very nice restaurant. Every server was dressed in uniform and looked very professional………….except for one server who wore a big rainbow colored belt. I called them over to the table to ask them why the difference with the rainbow colored belt. “Is that to signify a different position or something, like head waiter?”

Very embarrassed, the rainbow waiter said “No I am gay.” Oh I said, while waiting on people and serving them meals you find it an essential part of your job to advertise how you like your sex! How pleasant when someone is trying to eat!

I have to ask why heterosexuals don’t have a symbol that shows we like our sex with the opposite sex. How is anyone going to know? What if I am by myself? Surely everyone else needs to know how I like my sex.I want my symbol!


Are we sure we want to further this crap by approving of gay marriage? How far will they go?
 
Old 04-29-2007, 04:31 PM
 
Location: Pikeville, Ky.
13,416 posts, read 20,892,935 times
Reputation: 17468
Citigirl, there is a symbol for heterosexuals. It was on the beginning of a tv. series years ago. Dr Kildare, Richard Chamberlain,(who is gay), began the show with three symbols and the words man, woman, child. As I recall ,years and years ago we sent these symbols out into space, just in case there is life out there. Idea for a new forum!!!!
 
Old 04-29-2007, 04:38 PM
 
Location: Anywhere but here!
2,798 posts, read 8,988,907 times
Reputation: 1686
Quote:
Originally Posted by citigirl View Post
We went out to eat at a very nice restaurant. Every server was dressed in uniform and looked very professional………….except for one server who wore a big rainbow colored belt. I called them over to the table to ask them why the difference with the rainbow colored belt. “Is that to signify a different position or something, like head waiter?”

Very embarrassed, the rainbow waiter said “No I am gay.” Oh I said, while waiting on people and serving them meals you find it an essential part of your job to advertise how you like your sex! How pleasant when someone is trying to eat!

I have to ask why heterosexuals don’t have a symbol that shows we like our sex with the opposite sex. How is anyone going to know? What if I am by myself? Surely everyone else needs to know how I like my sex.I want my symbol!


Are we sure we want to further this crap by approving of gay marriage? How far will they go?
Soooooo TRUE! And then people get upset when other people show intolerance
Well, maybe if you didn't shove it in my face...
 
Old 04-29-2007, 04:48 PM
 
1,393 posts, read 833,637 times
Reputation: 462
Quote:
Originally Posted by citigirl View Post
We went out to eat at a very nice restaurant. Every server was dressed in uniform and looked very professional………….except for one server who wore a big rainbow colored belt. I called them over to the table to ask them why the difference with the rainbow colored belt. “Is that to signify a different position or something, like head waiter?”

Very embarrassed, the rainbow waiter said “No I am gay.” Oh I said, while waiting on people and serving them meals you find it an essential part of your job to advertise how you like your sex! How pleasant when someone is trying to eat!

I have to ask why heterosexuals don’t have a symbol that shows we like our sex with the opposite sex. How is anyone going to know? What if I am by myself? Surely everyone else needs to know how I like my sex.I want my symbol!
I'm with you I want a symbol to. maybe, that's what blue and pink are for!! You and kawgpz550 are too funny!!
 
Old 04-29-2007, 04:52 PM
 
31,394 posts, read 16,943,480 times
Reputation: 34177
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawgpz550 View Post
Soooooo TRUE! And then people get upset when other people show intolerance
Well, maybe if you didn't shove it in my face...
It was citigirl who called over the waiter and asked the meaning of the belt. That is not shoving it in your face.

I thought by now everyone knew what the rainbow flag symbolizes. It symbolizes equality for everyone regardless of race, color, creed, religion or sexual orientation.

So, next time you see the rainbow flag, please yell at the top of your lungs, STOP SHOVING EQUALITY IN MY FACE!!!

Poor citigirl. What city do you live in that you have never been exposed to a rainbow symbol?
 
Old 04-29-2007, 04:56 PM
 
Location: In an illegal immigrant free part of the country.
2,087 posts, read 1,006,597 times
Reputation: 382
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbird4848 View Post
It was citigirl who called over the waiter and asked the meaning of the belt. That is not shoving it in your face.

I thought by now everyone knew what the rainbow flag symbolizes. It symbolizes equality for everyone regardless of race, color, creed, religion or sexual orientation.

So, next time you see the rainbow flag, please yell at the top of your lungs, STOP SHOVING EQUALITY IN MY FACE!!!

Poor citigirl. What city do you live in that you have never been exposed to a rainbow symbol?

Well well well If that's what it means I wonder why the waiter answered "I'm gay". instead of, it means equality. Another example of confusion I guess.
 
Old 04-29-2007, 05:22 PM
 
33 posts, read 91,742 times
Reputation: 30
Default Imo

Gays Can Be Christian But Christians Cant Be Gay. A Gay Person Can Be Of The Christian Faith But A True Christian Aint Gonna Be Gay. They Know Better Because The Bible Teaches Homosexuality Is An Abomanation To God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 - Top