Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2008, 09:58 AM

7,784 posts, read 14,886,977 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticLady1 View Post
This is so difficult to write, but I wanted to share with you that my husband's battle is over. It happened quicker than we had anticipated, but it is actually a good thing, for his sake, and in some ways, for our's also. It was so hard to see him fading, and suffering, a little more each day. He passed away on the 14th, at home. He was such a strong man, and he fought for so long. I believe he held on a few extra days just for us. I am hurting beyond words, as are my children, but I am so grateful that he is no longer suffering. I am grateful that my daughter was able to come home in time to see her father. I am grateful that he died at home, and not in a hospital, with strangers around him. We will be going to the funeral home today to make arrangements. This hurts so much, and is so surreal, but we don't have a choice but to deal with it. I am so very grateful for my children, as well as the rest of my family, and our friends. I know we will all hurt for a long time, but we are a strong bunch, and we will find our way through this.
May the peace that passes all understanding wash over you and your family, in Jesus' name.

We love you and are hurting with you.

God bless you, CelticLady.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2008, 06:23 PM

536 posts, read 1,109,164 times
You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers and i carry you in my heart. may wonderful memories help get you through this very sad time. please keep posting. big cyber hugs

Old 10-17-2008, 03:52 AM

8,276 posts, read 12,858,570 times
Enjoy the time together, but know He will be with you. Bodies can be frail and fall away but your husband is not his body, he is far more than that. I see him in perfect health and you loved and supported. You are not alone. There is nothing to fear. None of us have a guarantee of time. and each day is important to live as it were the last as one day we will be right. Live with no regrets. Express your love that is what bonds us. Peace be with you both.

Old 10-17-2008, 04:49 AM

1,236 posts, read 3,116,693 times
Celtic Lady,
I do not have the words to express my sorrow for you and your family. My love, thoughts, and prayers will be with you in the coming days.

Old 10-18-2008, 04:21 PM

14,880 posts, read 17,156,182 times
Celtic Lady, I am sorry for your loss. May God fill you with His love, peace, and strength. I will keep you and your family in my prayers and thoughts. Lots of love to you. God bless you.

Old 10-18-2008, 07:21 PM

7,996 posts, read 12,273,833 times
Hey, Celticlady-

Just June here checking in to let you know she's still holding you in her June heart...

"hugs"

Old 10-18-2008, 08:04 PM

23,015 posts, read 34,381,249 times
I am so sorry to read about your loss Celtic Lady. I am praying for you that you will feel the strength and love of God as you go through this.

Old 10-19-2008, 11:44 AM

1,461 posts, read 3,652,204 times
I am so sorry for your pain and sadness. Life is so hard sometimes. Losing a loved one just tears at our hearts and soul. Our prayers go out to you, your sweet DH and your family. How wonderful that you have had a doctor with a tender heart.
My mom passed away four years ago this month. Dad believed that you enjoy every day with that person. The day she passed away dad took a drive. He said he pulled the car over and was just praying. He told God he was ready and asked God to take her like a breeze through the cottage from the lake. She slipped into a coma, in a warm bed, surrounded by loved one and took a breath and was gone. Dad just said, "thank you to God"
We talk about my mom with fondness now and you start to relive stories and memories and how much that person meant to your life. Life is fleating.....love them while they are here.
Take special care....

Old 10-21-2008, 10:50 AM

1,921 posts, read 5,621,778 times
It has been one week today, and two days since his memorial service, (it was on Sunday). It's a peculiar feeling as each day has both its tears and its smiles. Sometimes it's the simple things that will bring tears to my eyes, unexpectedly. And, just as quickly, something will bring a memory to my mind that gives me a reason to smile. My family and friends have been wonderfully supportive. I worry about my children because I don't want them to think that they must be so supporitve of, and strong for me that they don't take the time they need to grieve for their father. Of course, in actuality, I know that it will take awhile for the grieving process to really kick in, because we have all been so busy. But, the busyness will subside, although for me, I believe reality will kick in more, after my daughter and her family have to go back to Germany. She wants my son and I to come to visit them, but that won't be for awhile, probably not until spring, shortly before they are scheduled to come back to the States, (they have been in Germany for almost five years).

So, my son and I will have to learn to adjust to rattling around in a house that sometimes almost didn't contain my husband. He was a big man, both physically, (6'8"), and in his personality. It's never going to be the same without him, but I know that he would expect us to honor his memory by continuing to live and enjoy life to the best of our ability. I knew that statistically-speaking, my husband would go before me, (I'm 14 years younger than him, though it never made a difference to us), but no matter how logical you may be about such things, you are never fully prepared, particularly since he was only 61. I wish I had had more time with him, but I am grateful for the 28 years that I got to share in his life.

My thanks to each of you for your continued support. May our Creator bless each of you for your kindness.

Old 10-21-2008, 11:10 AM

1,236 posts, read 3,116,693 times
Celticlady,
I was glad to see your post. My thoughts, love, and prayers will continue to be with you. Keep remembering the good times. Allow your children to help you. This will help them. I lost my Dad a little over a year ago, and helping Mom kept me from cracking up. Right now, having you to help is important to them. My screen is getting bleary, so I can't write any more, but I will keep you in my thoughts and looking for your posts. Be well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality