U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 10-12-2008, 12:03 AM

56 posts, read 63,062 times
Talking Welcome to all new members

I donít really have a lot of time to post on these forums but I am actively reading them because I find it interesting to read about peopleís views on the world and religion. I also wanted to write this after I read a post where a new member posted his opinion/question on why people believe in god when itís fake. I understand that might offend some people but some of the comments where rude and unnecessary. Maybe said person was looking for some guidance. Instead of talking down to a new member and saying the boards are for Christians, or any other religion for that matter is wrong. Itís not called Christian and philosophy forums. If you donít want to answer there question send them over to the atheist forums and we will try and help them out.

Okay now that thatís address I would like to say welcome, if you ever have any questions on why persons an atheist I would be more than glad to answer from my point of view. I try and remain open minded and learn all of the religions because it makes you understand people better. The world is a huge place and I tend to notice that people believe only whatís taught in there little part of the world and shut everything out because they where taught the one and only right religion. This is not true for every one but most. Basically my advice would be to question everything in life. Whether it is religion, politics, ect. In my journey I have questioned, and will continue to question my perspectives. I claim the right to think for myself and to change my mind as I grow. And over the years, I have changed my mind several times; therefore, I must, by my right to think for myself, question human intelligence. For by human intelligence, survival is shown as a constant struggle. It teaches that the weak of this life must become the means by which the strong of this life survive. The strong must take from the weak. For life on earth demonstrates survival of the fittest.

Good luck in you journey and may you find all the answers youíre looking for. I am married to a Christian and let me tell you its interesting talking about why we belief in what we do, but hey I got my wife reading atheist universe so maybe there is some hope of her understanding how she has been implanted with her religious choice since birth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2008, 05:57 PM

876 posts, read 810,628 times
Default People need help

Hello and greetings to you
I am a new member. I like studying about the Bible, I could not help but to read your story, yes there are many problems with Christians. We just need a little help. I found something interesting about regarding about witnessing may be this can help people in the forumhe about what people are doing, I have to same problem when I put a subject or a study to exchange ideas. Jesus said to his father in Heaven forgive for they know not what they do. But you are right. They will not accept correction sometimes when God send a message. I too try not to judge, but I always do an open mind but I use my heart and all my thinking. Sometimes we need reminding of where came from. It is set that the problems of the world will be burned by the stands of time. We need the fruit of the spirit in our live. I hope I can read about your views about your journey's.
Sincerely TheWordIsOne

He shows that a mans is defiled only by what comes out of his mouth
Matthew 15:10-20 10 And he called the multitude, and said unto them, Hear, and understand:
11 Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man.
12 Then came his disciples, and said unto him, Knowest thou that the Pharisees were offended, after they heard this saying?
13 But he answered and said, Every plant, which my heavenly Father hath not planted, shall be rooted up.
14 Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch.
15 Then answered Peter and said unto him, Declare unto us this parable.
16 And Jesus said, Are ye also yet without understanding?
17 Do not ye yet understand, that whatsoever entereth in at the mouth goeth into the belly, and is cast out into the draught?
18 But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man.
19 For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies:
20 These are the things which defile a man: but to eat with unwashen hands defileth not a man.
These are some versus about witnessing and false witness. Put them together to find your answer
He teaches how we are to deal with our brethren when they offend us Matthew 18:15-20
Instructs the rich young man how to gain eternal life, and how to be perfect Matthew 19:16-22
He proclaims eight woes, against the hypocrisy of the scribes and Pharisees Matthew 23:13-33
Christ foretells the destruction of the temple Matthew 24:1-51
He is carried to Caiaphas Matthew 26:57-68
Christ is silent before His accusers Matthew 27:11-25

There are 175 single word false-witnesses in the Bible. There are 74 in the Old Testament and 93 in the New Testament. We're God talks about witnessing and false-witnessing. If you have a Strong, s Concordance you can find key words and write them down and you can get your own answers,

False witness---Giving a wrong testimony. Something to be false. It proceeds from an emotion or the purpose to injure one another, to take away their character, to do injustice. It’s our human heart. It is contrary to the ninth commandment.

Ex 20:16 Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor.
We should examine our self, time to time we should try to help others. Exchange ideas.
1 Cor. 11:27-34 Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord.
28 But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup.
29 For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body.
30 For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep.
31 For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged.
32 But when we are judged, we are chastened of the Lord, that we should not be
condemned with the world.
33 Wherefore, my brethren, when ye come together to eat, tarry one for another.
34 And if any man hunger, let him eat at home; that ye come not together unto condemnation. And the rest will I set in order when I come.

Last edited by TheWordIsOne; 10-12-2008 at 05:59 PM.. Reason: Adjusting letters
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality